Weight Loss Techniques

Calories in - calories out DOES NOT WORK.  The Biggest Loser proved this beyond a shadow of a doubt.  These poor people have permanently reduced their metabolism to the point where they will never be able to keep the weight off.  50 years of following the FDA's ideas has brought us to Obese America.  Follow a Keto diet and incorporate fasting into you life.  It is time for you to learn about Autophagy. 

• Confused 2

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

On 12/5/2018 at 3:18 AM, Dazed said:

Calories in - calories out DOES NOT WORK.  The Biggest Loser proved this beyond a shadow of a doubt.  These poor people have permanently reduced their metabolism to the point where they will never be able to keep the weight off.  50 years of following the FDA's ideas has brought us to Obese America.  Follow a Keto diet and incorporate fasting into you life.  It is time for you to learn about Autophagy. 

Very uneducated post. Calories in-calories out depends on the basic principles of thermodynamics which is PROVEN science.

*herp derp* I saw 2 people on biggest loser who got fat so that proves that everyone will get fat that follows calories in-calories out. Look up pubmed where there are studies that show calorie restricted diets result in weight loss every single time and in some cases leads to other benefits

IMO a problem arises when someone who tries to lose weight way too quickly cuts their total calories down to sub 1000 levels then of course they are going to have problems and their metabolism will sometimes take a hit. That’s why dieters need to take it slow and steady and drop calories over time.

and lol at recommending keto to people who are already having a difficult time following calorie restriction 

second lol at “auto faggy” bahaha

• Like 2

For 99% of the population and looking at a diverse range of foods, controlling calories in calories out is virtually an absolute mechanism for controlling body-weight. Denying this is denying the laws of reality, and an excuse for pathetic losers who not only can't control their eating habits, but are so insecure they resort to denying basic laws of physics to explain their weight problems.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-24-at-10.33.05.png

And also

Screen-Shot-2017-05-24-at-10.38.06.png

These two charts alone show very clearly this as a conclusion. There are some foods and forms of macronutrients that require differing amounts of energy to digest, and different people have different metabolisms, but in all cases a calorie in is a calorie out. Its idiotic to state otherwise, no ones metabolism can turn 200 calories into 400, which is essentially what you're suggesting.

Edited by JeanLDD
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

For 99% of the population and looking at a diverse range of foods, controlling calories in calories out is virtually an absolute mechanism for controlling body-weight. Denying this is denying the laws of reality, and an excuse for pathetic losers who not only can't control their eating habits, but are so insecure they resort to denying basic laws of physics to explain their weight problems.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-24-at-10.33.05.png

And also

Screen-Shot-2017-05-24-at-10.38.06.png

These two charts alone show very clearly this as a conclusion. There are some foods and forms of micronutrients that require differing amounts of energy to digest, and different people have different metabolisms, but in all cases a calorie in is a calorie out. Its idiotic to state otherwise, no ones metabolism can turn 200 calories into 400, which is essentially what you're suggesting.

Yes! An educated person with common sense and grasp of scientific knowledge! Thanks JeanLBB

• 2 months later...

Currently, the carnivore diet is the hottest subject but it's an extremely controversial one and one just can't jump into it without any consultations with the doctor. Low carb is a way to go. But I like how Vietnamese look into the subject of weight loss from the complex systems perspective sức khỏe .

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Dont do machines though.  Any exercise equipment that makes exercising easy should be avoided. Instead of a stationary bike just ride a bike outside,. Instead of a treadmill just walk or job for 30 minutes outside. anything that takes pain away wont make you gain. I klearned that the hard way in the form of $1400. Threw that machine away and started running almost erevy day. In 3 months time alone lost 27 pounds.  drink plenty water. shower a lot.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:11 AM, Daron said:

Currently, the carnivore diet is the hottest subject but it's an extremely controversial one and one just can't jump into it without any consultations with the doctor. Low carb is a way to go. But I like how Vietnamese look into the subject of weight loss from the complex systems perspective sức khỏe .

But i mean the carnivore diet is like the atkins diet that focuses mostly on protein sources like meats and eggs on the rlt. Same dog different leash.

Keep in mind too that the foods sold in america are full of unnecessary junk which can build fat and make us addicted to it. Then you have Tv ads with McD, popeyes and golden corral  just to name a feww that wires our minds subconsciously to crave foods, fast food and what not.

In order to diet and exercise effectively you need to first above all else discipline your mind to tame it into determination and positivity so that when the notion of unneeded unhealthy food comes up in your mind youre well trained mentally to avoid them and just focus on healthiness which has to be the main focus no matter what.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 2/15/2020 at 7:12 PM, killa said:

Instead of a treadmill just walk or job for 30 minutes outside.

Walking on a treadmill I think is almost a waste of time, but a faster speed on a treadmill that can incline.... whew! That is a tough workout. I tried some on the highest incline and the fastest speed. Really cool.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/8/2018 at 10:35 AM, LonelyGraft said:

Very uneducated post. Calories in-calories out depends on the basic principles of thermodynamics which is PROVEN science.

*herp derp* I saw 2 people on biggest loser who got fat so that proves that everyone will get fat that follows calories in-calories out. Look up pubmed where there are studies that show calorie restricted diets result in weight loss every single time and in some cases leads to other benefits

IMO a problem arises when someone who tries to lose weight way too quickly cuts their total calories down to sub 1000 levels then of course they are going to have problems espeecially when they add cardio or cycling with Tomasso and their metabolism will sometimes take a hit. That’s why dieters need to take it slow and steady and drop calories over time.

and lol at recommending keto to people who are already having a difficult time following calorie restriction 

second lol at “auto faggy” bahaha

Thanks for your post! Indeed, you need to lose weight gradually and make sure that the body receives the necessary amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. It took me a few years to come to this, but I am pleased with the results. I am losing weight slowly, but not breaking down, and I feel good. It remains only to have hair on my head

Hey man, I actually lost a lot of weight by eating low carb and in a 6 hour window only from 12 pm to 6pm whilst drinking a cup of water after every meal. Worked really well! Had to stay disciplined though. Certainly when around friends and family 😆

Edited by Silent123
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

A very simple technique I use is not letting myself go more than 5kg over my ideal weight, and when I get to that point I stop eating breakfast (and have black coffee instead so keeps me in a fasted state and suppresses appetite) and make sure my dinner and lunch aren't too large and are real whole food meals. This keeps me in a mild calorie deficit while not making it too hard to follow long term, so I do this 3 months or so to lose the 5kg. 

I also incorporate light exercise like yoga and walking. When I do heavy exercise my hunger gets out of control and I start eating too much and too much junk food.