norwood 6 wanting hair transplant from Australia

Your only 3 posts on this forum are in this thread, making very bold statements. You are very obviously here with one agenda - to push that doctor's reputation.

I don't understand why people like you do this sort of things, as if we can't see through it in 2 seconds...

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Let's remember to keep things civil!

Remember, if any member does have an affiliation with a clinic, it's paramount (required, in fact) to include this information in your forum signature.

What's more, remember the following: we do not host any sort of promotion (hidden or open) on our discussion forums.

Having said that, it's usually best to give new members the "benefit of the doubt" and assume they are satisfied patients sharing a legitimate hair transplant experience. For now, this is what I'm going to assume.

On that note ... back to the discussion!

Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

There is a very good (and expensive) FUE surgeon in Sydney, but he is not allowed to be mentioned on this forum because of a feud with the this site's most popular doctor. However, his office is in Sydney and he touts himself as the inventor of FUE, in 1989. Not many doubt the veracity of this claim, either. He does strictly scarless FUE, which in itself makes him unpopular on a site like this one.

As an NW6, he can also use non scalp sources as donor, which might be necessary for crown work. It does not hurt to research for yourself if interested.

hey, Senior Sparky... why does ur post above say ur from the United Kingdom but your profile page says ur from Florida in the United States? Shrill much?? lmao..

I worked in Florida for quite a while, but I am from the UK. I consider both locations to be my home, is that a problem for you?

Whats a shrill?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone just an update on my progress......I'm actually laying in my hotel bed a day after surgery with Dr Path....hotel is awesome "The Sukosol" highly recommended, close to sky train which is easy to use. Two stops from Dr Path....Iam extremely overwhelmed with my experience so far, can not talk highly enough of Dr Path and his staff, I'm also excited and schocked with what I had done, arriving with limited hope believing I was a NW6 with very limited donor area to finding out I was a NW4-5. Thinking I would only have enough donor hair for 3000 grafts and only enough to frame my face. Finding out I had excellent donor hair with plenty of 2,3,4 and 5 hair follicles. Ended up with 4100 grafts with 10,400 hairs being transplanted in 8hrs which covered almost my entire balding area....

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with making such a wise decision in choosing Dr Path....now just the long wait for the real results. I will post pics ASAP

Hi Jonnnny1976,

If you're still researching Australian hair surgeons, I agree with Tom139, and highly recommend Dr Jennifier Martinick.

Dr Jennifier Martinick has over 25 years experience and has performed over 4,000 procedures.

She is currently the President of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and is recognised as a world leader in hair transplantation techniques, research and education.

I first met Dr Martnick about 16 months ago after reading her book "The New Hair Restoration" and watching her DVD "Hair Loss The Medical Facts". She is a true professional and is very passionate about her work, but above all, she is a very nice lady.

I had 3,600 grafts in June 2011, and I'm extremely happy with the results (check out my photos), so much so, that I will be seeing Dr Martinick in 2 weeks time for a further 2,000 grafts.

Why go overseas, when you have one of the world's leading hair surgeons here in Australia?

Rob

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Roberto,

I simply need to double check here ...

Do you have any affiliation with the clinic besides that of a satisfied patient? I hate to ask, but the circumstances surrounding the situation seem a bit odd, and I need to simply make sure.

Thank you.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hmmmmm odd Roberto that you would post such a question/response after I recently posted that I've just undergone HT under Dr Path. I received more grafts for half the amount Dr Martinicks sales guy quoted. He also said I had fine hair.....turns out I have dense hair....over 600 grafts of 4-5 follicles. Over 700 grafts of 3 hair follicles. Dr Martinick may be a excellent HT surgeon but I've never met her and i wouldnt undergo surgery with a Dr that doesnt even have the time to consult with a future patient...

I'm extremely happy with my choice with Dr Path.

Hi Jonnnny1976,

If you're still researching Australian hair surgeons, I agree with Tom139, and highly recommend Dr Jennifier Martinick.

Dr Jennifier Martinick has over 25 years experience and has performed over 4,000 procedures.

She is currently the President of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and is recognised as a world leader in hair transplantation techniques, research and education.

I first met Dr Martnick about 16 months ago after reading her book "The New Hair Restoration" and watching her DVD "Hair Loss The Medical Facts". She is a true professional and is very passionate about her work, but above all, she is a very nice lady.

I had 3,600 grafts in June 2011, and I'm extremely happy with the results (check out my photos), so much so, that I will be seeing Dr Martinick in 2 weeks time for a further 2,000 grafts.

Why go overseas, when you have one of the world's leading hair surgeons here in Australia?

Rob

Hmmm. Don't think we'll be needing Columbo or Inspector Frost for this one.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Hmmmmm odd Roberto that you would post such a question/response after I recently posted that I've just undergone HT under Dr Path. I received more grafts for half the amount Dr Martinicks sales guy quoted. He also said I had fine hair.....turns out I have dense hair....over 600 grafts of 4-5 follicles. Over 700 grafts of 3 hair follicles. Dr Martinick may be a excellent HT surgeon but I've never met her and i wouldnt undergo surgery with a Dr that doesnt even have the time to consult with a future patient...

I'm extremely happy with my choice with Dr Path.

well said mate, for anyone reading this thread dont be fooled into an HT in aus by reading these one post wonderers, do your research well and speak to guys like jonnnny and I who dont have anything to gain posting here except to help other aussies by stopping them making the same mistake we almost did..

Hi guys,

Well I hate to disappoint you, but I am the real deal - a 100% satisfied patient of Dr Jennifier Martinick, and I have absolutely no affiliation with her clinic.

I did my research, and discovered that Perth, Australia has one of the world's leading hair transplant surgeons, so there was no need to look elsewhere, especially overseas.

In fact, she is the President of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) which ia a member of the American Medical Association (AMA).

I had 3,600 grafts in June 2011, and I'm about to have another 2,000 grafts at the end of the month - I have posted over 30 photos, most of which my hairdresser took 2 weeks and 3 months after the operation.

Dr Jennifier Martinick's skilled procedure has enabled my hair to continue to improve even after the 1 year photo on my profile, and I'm looking forward to the next procedure, and 18 months beyond that.

The reason my post may seem odd, is that I noticed Jonnnny1976's post when I joined this site a few days after he wrote it, but I was unable to get back on and respond until now, as I have been extremely busy with work.

I may be new to this forum/blogging thing, but I am definitely not a "one post wonder", and I can ensure you that I will not be bullied off this site!

I have noticed there seems to be a lot of bullying here by faceless "members" - What have you guys got to hide? Show us your HT results! You seem to be promoting only the Dr's who pay a fee to be recommended on this site, and bully those patients that have had excellent HT results from Dr's who refuse to pay the $30,000 per annum fee!

Is "The Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians" a real professional body? Do they have more than the 58 members who pay to be promoted on this site? What is there website address?

Rob

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

You are the one vehemently recommending a surgeon in your only 2 posts on a forum that seem to be dubiously and overwhelming positive. I'm not saying you aren't just a happy customer, but look at your name, look at your first posts on this forum, look at the nature of your post.

You have accused us as being faceless members recommending certain doctors. Well, I have recommended no-one. You, on the other hand, have written two posts recommending a doctor. Accusing us of bullying is laughable.

Whether you are affiliated or just a genuine poster, your attitude and approach makes you stand out as someone to be sceptical of. Many first time posters here come to mercilessly defend a doctor whose name has come up in a thread - once you've seen it a few times it does make us question your motives. Accusing people of bullying you is not the way to ease any concerns.

I don't think anyone here was untoward in their comments to you. Future HT doc simply asked for assurances as to your motives, another poster gave their experiences and I made a comment where you shouldn't really understand what I meant unless you knew full well what I meant, I certainly wouldn't have understood it on my first time here

The pictures look good, so congratulations if that is you and good luck with your upcoming procedure.

[edit] why do you keep highlighting in bold font the name of the doctor?

Roberto,

I'm going to have to accept that you're being honest about your lack of affiliation with the clinic, and assume you are in no way compensated to post these remarks on the community (despite the bolding of the doctors name, repeating the same phrases, and the continual outside linking to the ISHRS - which is an organization that also collects fees and, unlike our Coalition, does not have rigorous criteria standards).

However, what I will not accept is the aggressive attitude, attacks on other members, grossly misquoting our recommendation fees, and belittling the Coalition.

If you would like to continue acting as a productive member of our forums, I recommend sticking with discussing your legitimate hair transplant experience and shy away from any sort of aggressive or quasi-promotional behavior.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message. I'm going to continually monitor this thread, so please take my suggestions to heart.

No problems Blake,

You guys fail to see the Great Aussie Spirit of sticking up for your mates, especially when they have been wrongly put down, and are seen to be the underdog.

I will come in to bat forDr Jennifier Martinick every time, and if it pisses people off that I highlight her name, use her name and Australia in my login name, repeat that she has over 25 years experience, and mention that she's the President of ISHRS the world's leading body of HR surgeons with over 1,000 members and a member of the AMA, then that's tough.

Dr Jen, her assistant Sarah, and the rest of the team at New Hair Clinic in Australia, gave me a great HT and dramatically improved the way I look, making me look 10 years younger (I'm 51!).

Rob

Roberto,

While I respect your loyalty to Dr. Martinick, if you are indeed a genuine patient of hers, you are doing her a great disservice by badmouthing and making false accusations against this community, its members and how we recommend hair transplant surgeons. Furthermore, you seem like a walking advertisement for Dr. Martinick spouting out her credentials in every post and bolding her name like some kind of SEO spammer. That's why Blake asked you a simple question, very respectfully I might add.

The fact that surgeons recommended by this community pay a nominal sponsorship fee to support this patient community is no secret and is well documented. However, the figure you've referenced is grossly overexaggerated.

Do you also know that physician members of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery or ISHRS (the organization in which you reference and seem to give high praise) also have to pay a fee to remain an active member?

However, unlike the ISHRS, physicians recommended by our community had to undergo a rigorous private and public prescreening process and be approved by its members based on a proven ability to produce consistent excellent results.

You can view our high standards for recommendation and how this community is funded on our physicians standards page. To see our process for recommending physicians, click here.

We genuinely believe that physician members recommended by this community are amongst the best in the world. Evidence of each of their excellent results can be found all over this forum. However, our recommended list isn't an exclusive list of all the world's best surgeons. This has also been made clear on our physician standards page where it says:

"Important Note - The hair restoration physicians recommended on this site are not a definitive list of all excellent hair transplant doctors. Nor do we warranty or guaranty the results of any of the physicians presented on this site. As always, we encourage you to do your due diligence in evaluating these and all hair loss physicians."

The reality is, many hair restoration physicians would like to be recommended by our community. But only a few are chosen based on a proven ability to produce excellent results. Alternatively, some excellent physicians may choose not to undergo our prescreening process and be a part of our community.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but Dr. Jennifer Martinick used to be recommended by our community. However, due to concerns posted by one of her patients and our members regarding a crown procedure years ago, her recommendation was discontinued. This was several years ago. Since then, Dr. Martinick was re-invited to undergo the prescreening process but to date, has chosen not to.

Having spoken with Dr. Jennifer Martinick a number of times over the last several years, I doubt she'd support your aggression toward's this communiy and its members. Thus, instead of arguing against this community and its members, why not simply share your experience and photos so we can view your results and offer you congratulations and support.

Best Regards,

Bill

Edit: I do see that you've created an album showcasing your results on your social profile, and I think your results look good. If you would like to be a constructive poster instead of badmouthing this community, I encourage you to share your detailed experience, including surgical details such as the number of grafts you received, etc. by creating a new forum topic.

No worries Bill,

Great to see I've ruffled some feathers, and the Big Boys on this site will be following my every move in future- not bad for a first timer with a couple of posts!

I've taken on board Blake's and your comments and advice, and look forward to shaing my HT journey, and giving support to others on this site thinking of taking on their own HT journey.

However, if I come accross any bullying and bad mouthing of Dr Jennifier Martinick and Australia I will gladly defend her and highly recommend her work - have another look at my many close up photos, the work of an experienced HT genious!

Perhaps you guys can also help me out on this one, as you don't seem to like it when I'm aggressive.

And you are right,Dr Jen would be disappointed at my aggression towards this site, it's members and "The Coalition...", but she will know my intentions are honourable - She is a lady and a true Professional, and hence would not sanction my behaviour (proof I am not affiliated to the New Hair Clinic in Australia).

See you around mate.

Rob

Every one of your posts sounds like one giant sales pitch. Excuse my scepticism.

[edit] do you have any interest in this forum other than this one thread you happened to stumble upon? How about a separate post with a detailed write up of your transplant journey, perhaps with pictures if you'd like to share them again?

No worries Bill,

Great to see I've ruffled some feathers, and the Big Boys on this site will be following my every move in future- not bad for a first timer with a couple of posts!

I've taken on board Blake's and your comments and advice, and look forward to shaing my HT journey, and giving support to others on this site thinking of taking on their own HT journey.

However, if I come accross any bullying and bad mouthing of Dr Jennifier Martinick and Australia I will gladly defend her and highly recommend her work - have another look at my many close up photos, the work of an experienced HT genious!

Perhaps you guys can also help me out on this one, as you don't seem to like it when I'm aggressive.

And you are right, Dr Jen would be disappointed at my aggression towards this site, it's members and "The Coalition...", but she will know my intentions are honourable - She is a lady and a true Professional, and hence would not sanction my behaviour (proof I am not affiliated to the New Hair Clinic in Australia).

See you around mate.

Rob

You can't prove it, and nor can we. It's how you conduct yourself on here that affects people's opinion of you. Look at all my posts, for example. I'm in almost every section of the forum, posting my own story, commenting on threads of other doctors, commenting even in the hair system section despite not having ever gone down that road. Also, whilst I say what a great experience I had with Dr. Feller, at no point have I sold him to anyone. I also signed up in January and my posts are scattered about in different topics.

You, on the other hand, have come here to post in one thread only and do not come across as a genuine happy customer. Your posts (including your name) sound like a big sales pitch for the doctor. No-one here is questioning HER, they are questioning YOU and your motives.

Why would you want to come here to ruffle feathers anyway? Sorry but this is not the usual attitude of someone in the hairloss/transplant journey.

G'day from Oz to you Tommy (my faceless friend),

I, like Tom139 and NewHaiRy, am a genuine 100% satisfied patient of Dr Jennifer Martinick, and wanting to share my legitimate HT experience. My before and after photos are on her web site if you would like to check them out.

Unfortunately, it's members like you, who question if we are real patients of Dr Jen or merely affiliated with her clinic, that keeps me on this thread, and stops me from posting in other areas of this site to offer support and guidance to others thinking about taking the HT plunge.

You have a cheek to question my authenticity, when you have not even posted 1 photo of yourself in the 9 months you have been a member - I, on the other hand, an active member for only a few days, have posted 41, including 10 more this morning of myself a few years before my operation, just to prove to you and everyone else on this site that I am a genuine HT patient.

Furthermore, if I wasn't a 100% satisfied patient, I wouldn't be going back to Dr Jen in two weeks time for a further 2,000 grafts to my crown area.

And for the record, I agree that Dr Path. is an excellent HT surgeon, afterall he was awarded the ISHRS 2010 Golden Follicle, and Dr Jennifer Martinick may have even presented the award to him in her capacity as President of ISHRS - incidently, she was awarded the ISHRS 2003 Platinum Follicle.

Rob

Faceless, yet with arguably more credibility than you.

Members like me question your motives because YOU ARE NEW TO THE FORUM, POSTING IN ONLY ONE THREAD AND SPEAKING LIKE A SALESMAN. How many times do I have to say this? Your ignorance with regards to these comments only serves to hinder your chances of appearing genuine. I have NOTHING against the doctor. It's YOU who makes me sceptical, not the doctor or her abilities. How many times does this have to be reiterated?

This is really boring me now so I'll just say this:

If you are legitimate then great. good luck to you and I hope everything goes well with your second procedure. Hair loss is a b---- and if you are overcoming it then good for you.

[edit] Do you think you'll be still here in 6 months time posting in a plethora of threads in different sections of the forum. Or is this sequence of posts going to be your last, under this name at least? We've seen many like you who fall into the latter category. You stand out like a sore thumb. Apologies if this is not the case for you, I suppose time will tell. But like I said, if you're real, good luck.

Well my faceless friend Tommy, until you post some photos, it is you who lacks credibility!

I will assume you are one of the site's Gatekeepers, bullying us new HR patients from Doctors other than the recommended Doctors who sponsor this site...Well I am not easily intimidated!

I will continue to endorse Dr Jennifer Martinick because I will always be indedted to her great work.

Rob

Roberto,

Once again, it's not Dr. Martinick anyone is questioning...it's your behavior. Frankly, you sound like a used car salesman and seem to be trying to garner SEO rankings for Dr. Martinick by bolding her name in every post (which I've removed by the way). You're also continually touting her credentials and badmouthing our credible community that recommends surgeons based on high standards while you praise the ISHRS even though they're simply a pay for membership organization without any prescreening process.

If you can't conduct yourself in a more courteous manner without continually attacking our members, you are going to have to find somewhere else to post.

Regards,

Bill

The above comments from you really says it all and shows that your agenda here is to cause trouble. Thus, unless you quickly decide to become a constructive member of this community, you will no longer be allowed to post here.

I've already invited you to start your own topic to share your own experience and photos in a constructive way. But blatant promotion and attacking this community is not acceptable.

Thus, I expect your next post to be an acknowledgement and confirmation that you will now become a constructive member of our community without blatantly promoting your doctor and attacking our members or your next post will be your last one.

Bill