Need help to select between 2 good surgeons

Hi,

I'm a new member to this community. I have decided to undergo hair transplant surgery (FUT most likely) as soon as possible. I live in Maryland and I have two great surgeons close by, Dr James Vogel and Dr. William Lindsey.

I'm having a tough time deciding which doctor to go with. Both doctors have great reviews and seem like a good choice.

One thing I noticed is that Dr. Lindsey is a member of IAHRS. I'm not sure why Dr. Vogel is not a member of it and would like to know if that matters.

I have done extensive research on these two and both seem good, as I mentioned before. I have seen their pictures/threads on this site as well.

Any input to narrow down my choice will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by HairNeeded

I am more familiar with Dr. Lindsey's work and have always been really impressed with it and he seems to really care about his patients. Dr. Vogel may be just as solid, I am just not as familiar with him.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Meet them both in person if you can.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Having seen Dr. Vogel, he told me from the first consultation everything to expect and what not to worry about, 8 months later I had a full head of hair. I will be going back hopefully sometime in April for #2

HairNeeded,

In my opinion, Coalition members Dr. Lindsey and Dr. Vogel are honest, ethical, world class hair transplant surgeons and are both worth considering. Feel free to use the "search" feature of this forum to view dozens of examples of their excellent results and to see what their patients are saying. I also recommend consulting with both. I'm sure this will help you select the surgeon you feel is right for you.

Best wishes,

Bill

I'd suggest consulting with both docs too. We've known Dr. Vogel for years and years. Anyone close to the east coast, we've referred many scar revision cases to him.

• 5 weeks later...

Not a bad problem to have though!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon