Nick Cave?

Sitting like a little dweeb in front of my computer and looking at my heros live their lives on youtube, I check a Nick Cave interview, the coolest of hero's for my age group men. A guy who doesn't care, well, at least proudly wears the, 'look I don't give a f&'&k , I dress in my retro-chic and I grow my balding mane down to the ground if I want to' look so well. I saw him in 2010 here,

and 2012 here
and i'm like, gee, Nick wouldn't would he? It makes me feel good if he did do something. But anyway, do you think that is a case of rock star on propecia?

could the 2012 look be concealer?

478px-Nick_Cave_2009_New_York_City_2.jpg

(2009)

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I'm not sure but something is definately going on with his hair!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

It's possible that it's simply propecia - but rarely does anyone get that kind of regrowth on the drug, especially in the front. I actually think it's a little concealer. Also, the lighting in the 2nd video is far more dim whereas in the 1st video there's a bright overhead light directly above him. That will increase the appearance of density along with the concealer. It doesn't quite look like a transplanted hairline.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

One day I'll get a life...I promise,

http://www.baldingcelebrities.com/2010/03/nick-cave.html

BUt i see some one writes a blog about Nick's hair and adds that, 'it says something about his coolness that he doesn't care about balding!!'

I wonder what he'd say now.

AND...that mojo cover in the story, the writer thinks the mag did it, not NIck

No one is immune from the balding blues!!

Nick should write a song about it. It says he once wrote about being old and not being able to get laid.

Nick could do one of his gothic noir blood soaked melodrama ballads about the day, Roody Ron Rusty road his horse into town and blew up the propecia factory, not before making his rival drink a gallon of it

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Love his music. He must have had a HT or be wearing a piece. I dont see any redness or bumpiness in front which leads me to think it might be a half piece or something. No way popecia grew his hairline back like that. Can't blame him. He looks better.

5b32fc6e7e7c2_NickCave.jpg.44a8ad2244f4526409fc987d43914727.jpg

It's definitely a hair fiber product like Toppik. I've seen guys pull off some amazing feats with that stuff. Like, create a full head of hair on a slick baldie. The dusty/matte appearance gives it away. Jon Tapper on the show Bar Rescue does something similar, as did Jon Cryer (who looks 100% better now that he shaved it all off).

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Big necro as I'm a deep Cave fan and have been following him live since forever.

In my opinion he's a perfect example of what a man can achieve with good hair restoration and some judicious concealer use. I've been spamming him in his Red Hand Files newsletter to open up about his hair restoration journey as it could be inspiring and liberating to thousands of men out there, but he keeps going on about goodness, the Light and all that.

:D 

• Administrators
On 5/9/2022 at 12:55 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

0D58EF4F-E4FE-45B2-8852-8E1C6300A7D8.jpg

Definitely not concealer, as a concealer magician myself. I know what’s possible, and creating a new hairline is impossible. It’s possible he still uses concealer to make it look better, but he got an HT. No doubt about it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.