15 month Update - Dr. Feller

Dan72

I had my HT with Dr. Feller back in Feb 2011, and haven't really posted an awful lot in a while because I've been getting on with life,.... which is something I never thought I'd be able to do pre op!

It sounds dramatic, but honestly, Dr. Feller has literally changed my life! I used to hide from bright lights in restaurants, always anxious about it raining due to toppik (!), paranoid about people's eyes drifting to my hairline. I used to dread going out because of it. Suddenly I no longer have these fears or worries. The only thing that holds me back now is my crown, and let's face it, noone can see the crown when you are talking to them face to face, so it's not as traumatic.

So, last week, I was lucky enough to meet up with Dr. Feller in London to see what he thought about doing my crown. Yes, it does bother me, but it not something that stops me living my life. If I could get that final piece done, my hair worries would end completely. I could go swimming, throw the damn dermatch away and stop having to worry about leaving a mark on a pillow or someone's hand! Anyway, it was great to see Dr. Feller, and he was as nice as I remembered him to be. Kind, compassionate and answered all questions I asked. He looked at my hair and to my utter delight, told me that my scalp was extremely flexible and he would get enough to do the crown. I could have cried,... pathetic I know! However, I'm sure fellow hair loss sufferers can relate, my hair loss 'problem' could be a thing of the past once I get this last surgery done.

So, there are pics, but I am just waiting for a side by side comparison to be done so that you can see the difference. I just had the front area done, and like I said, I am delighted with the result. I buzz it down to a grade 4-5 all over and cover the scars with dermatch. That way the crown isn't too obvious. I will definately grow it longer once the crown has been done. Wow, that would be cool! I haven't been able to have longer hair in forever!

If I could afford it, I would have it done tomorrow! Due to personal circumstances, I haven't had an income since last September, and it's really getting me down. I am desperate to get this final surgery done with so that I can then just forget about my hair totally.

I know Dr. Feller has a lot of praise on this forum, and I would just like to back it all up whole heartedly. The man is a total perfectionist, and his work is incredible. Everyone who knows are amazed at the result. My only regret is that I ever went to Bosley. That experience meant I did not revisit surgical options for many years until I finally went to see Dr. Feller. If I had seen Dr. Feller first, I would have been done with the surgeries a long time ago!!

Thank you Dr. Feller, for your skill, kindness, and for changing my life.... I look forward to completing my journey with you as soon as finances allow. And to Spex, you were true to your word, and everything you told me was spot on. Thank you for your help and constant reassurance. I owe you guys more than I can express.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Dan72/albums/496

July 2002 HT #1 - Bosley NY - 1800 Grafts

Feb 2011 HT #2 - Feller Medical - 2372 Grafts

July 2012 HT #3 - Feller Medical - 1702 Grafts (no pics as yet)

Dan72,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences with Dr. Feller. I'm eagerly looking forward to viewing your latest pics.

Congratulation on your transformation. Enjoy!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks Spex, Did the post op one show? I don't see it. I don't think the recent ones do it justice due to the flash, but thank you :)

I'll try to do another pic at the same angle and put it together with post op so you can compare the two easier. :)

With you wearing your hair that short, do many people mention your scar?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi there,

Noone, but I do spend time using dermatch with a small brush to cover it each morning. Now that the front of my hair is thicker, it makes the crown look worse, so I keep it short so it blends in more overall. Dermatch is a life saver at the moment, until I can get the crown sorted! Once it's done, I will grow it longer and hopefully the scar will be hidden by the hair.

• 1 month later...

Hi again all, sorry it's taken a while, I've been so busy!

Ok, I've taken another shot without the flash which shows a better likeness of how my hair looks today. I've put it side by side with the pre op pic. I'm all booked in for 19th July for the crown to be done so.... hopefully that will be the end of my journey. Although, I'm starting to get hair greed already!!

5b32d35a8e292_16MONTHS.jpg.b8a400a0382f4210eadf594a7e263e68.jpg

In the larger pics Spex took, I agree, it doesn't look much different because of the flash of the camera. Did you see the last comparison pic I posted though? This one?

If you still think there is not much difference, then I guess it's just the difference to me. I see a huge difference. I had no frame to my face before, but now I do. From the front, there is no evidence of a hair loss problem. Only from the back. It just looks like a short haircut.

5b32d36ad3494_16MONTHS.jpg.c718793e94ed6b48d4c44a8c0a00e825.jpg

I think you got a good result for the grafts used fella :cool:

Bottom line regardless what anyone thinks you are enjoying having your mojo back and thats all that matters :cool:

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I think there has been good improvement Dan72 in the area worked on and your hair looks much better.

Your face is framed and your hair is very short.

Transplants work by the layering affect so hairlength does affect the illusion of density as Jotronic talks about a 'sweet spot' in one of his posts.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thank you both :) I had 2372 Grafts, and hope for around 1500 for the crown and filling in the temples if I can in 3 weeks time.

I will most certainly grow it longer once the crown has been done. The only reason I keep it so short is because the contrast of the crown makes it appear worse when it is longer at the moment. The overwhelming difference for me is that I never went out without caking my entire scalp with Toppik before. Now I only use dermatch on the crown and nothing anywhere else except to cover scars. People who didn't know I had surgery haven't noticed at all. :)

Thanks Spex :)

Yes I have been now, I haven't cut it at all since our meeting and I don't intend to now up to 19th July. :)

There is an obvious improvement even with the hair short. Good luck on the next one man.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it :)

Hey Mate!

Your story is what it is all about. It is great to hear feedback about the wonderful HTN surgeons who are really changing peoples lives. It's why many us love to work in the industry. To All Your Continued Success! Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

I've heard great things about Dr. Keller. I definitely will consider him now. Quick question tho. Can you arrange a payment schedule (18 or 24 month) or does he require you to pay the whole amount upfront?

I'm very happy to hear that you are pleased with the results because ultimately that's what it's all about but I've got to be honest here. I just don't see a huge difference between pre-op and 15 months out. Obviously, there is a difference in density but most guys on this forum would be freaking out about that result calling it a failed transplant and trying to get their money back.

I know you've mentioned that the pictures don't really depict what it looks like in person. I hope that's really the case. I'm looking forward to seeing the professional pictures soon when you go in for your next procedure.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks mate, I appreciate it :)

Dude Good to know that you're glad to see improvement but I'm not able to see much difference between before & after transplant considering 2400 grafts and 16 months.

It doesn't really look a great HT to begin with.

If you go for strip -> only H&W give value for money

If FUE -> it has to be Feriduni

And I know what I am talking about.

Dude Good to know that you're glad to see improvement but I'm not able to see much difference between before & after transplant considering 2400 grafts and 16 months.

It doesn't really look a great HT to begin with.

If you go for strip -> only H&W give value for money

If FUE -> it has to be Feriduni

And I know what I am talking about.

You actually sound exactly like you don't know what you are talking about.

You should probably step back and regroup and try to start over. For that to be your first post, it was not a very good one.

Whether you like his result or not, for you first post with no background to say "ONLY H&W will give value for money" and it "HAS to be Feriduni" is a pretty ignorant statement.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You actually sound exactly like you don't know what you are talking about.

You should probably step back and regroup and try to start over. For that to be your first post, it was not a very good one.

Whether you like his result or not, for you first post with no background to say "ONLY H&W will give value for money" and it "HAS to be Feriduni" is a pretty ignorant statement.

I really don't think so .. that I need to step back. I stand by what I said. I dont want to sound rhetorical but it was my opinion not a ignorant statement.

I really don't think so .. that I need to step back. I stand by what I said. I dont want to sound rhetorical but it was my opinion not a ignorant statement.

So you actually believe that H and W are the only surgeons that give a good product or the money when it comes to strip, and that Dr. F is the only person anyone should get FUE done by?

Both are good choices, and to say both both are good choices is an opinion. To say these are the only choices is horrible advice that should be called out for what it is.

View Spanker's Website

Plausibleboss,

No disrespect but i have to agree with spanker. If you honestly believe there are only 2 surgeons worth visiting then you obviously dont know anything about HT's and more importanly you are sending out the wrong message to the guys wanting to research on the forum.

Your last statement ended with " And i know what im talking about" So what makes you a subject matter expert after 2 posts?

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

spanker is spot on the money

plausibleboss; that has to be the most implausible advice i have ever heard.

jokes aside you are completely ignorant re hts. i suggest you try and educate yourself starting at the very basics. you need to learn to crawl before you can walk