Steve Gabel, MD – Northwest Portland/Seattle - 2642 grafts frontal hairline

This 41-year-old gentleman was concerned about his receding hairline and desired to have it recreated to a more youthful appearance. Although we discussed his thinning mid-scalp, that did not bother him as much as the hairline, which he wanted us to concentrate our efforts on. 2642 grafts were placed in recreating the frontal hairline and frontotemporal angles. Understanding that hair loss is progressive, he also elected to be more diligent with medical therapy by taking minoxidil and finasteride, which he had been using on and off in the past. He feels that since starting medical therapy, his hair loss has slowed down.

The results are shown 2 years following the hair transplantation. Just before the last visit, he cut his hair short, which he feels gives him a nice, clean appearance with his new hairstyle, which he is very happy with.

Shortly, I will add a video showing his two year results.

8mopfrontal.jpg

2yfrontaldownl.jpg

2yfulldown.jpg

left45.jpg

fullleft.jpg

right45.jpg

right.jpg

top.jpg

fronthairline.jpg

righthairline.jpg

lefthairline.jpg

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

That's a terrific looking hairline. And the scar appears to have perfectly healed as well. I just don't understand why the guy feels the need to cake the gel on. His hair would look so much more full dry. But again, great work!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Great hairline! He looks a lot younger. I agree with Aaron, those 2600+ grafts would look a lot thicker without all the product in his hair.

Is he scheduled for another round in the future? He looks to have good donor hair.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks everyone for the positive comments on his results. This patient used to have his hair pretty long to cover up his alopecia, but now that his frontal area has been restored, he has enjoyed his short hair.

aaron1234: he has been experimenting with different styles and between himself and his stylist, they have come up with this look. He said it changes every time he sees her. He is definately happy that he now has more options.

RCWest: At the present time, he is not scheduled for another procedure. His main concern was the frontal area. He is on medical therapy which will hopefully hold his current look.

Slickers: This was a strip procedure.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Great job Dr. Gabel.. I can feel that the patient's smile is real and coming from the bottom of his heart. Nice hairline design and density.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]