6 MONTHS POST OP WITH DOC PATH..FeedBack Plz

ITS BEEN SIX MONTHS!!!

I have uploaded some photos. Each of those have 4 different snaps that will help you to see the visible effects. As I am 28, my expectation is little too high so I am not that excited yet...:P...However, I understand until and unless I get another transplant done and cover the crown part, I will not be that satisfied. If I compare the photos of the recent one with the after surgery photo, I think I lost at least 10% of the transplanted hair..:(...Please let me know what you think...Any kind of feedback will be muchly appreciated...Thank you

Basically this is my 2nd transplant as my 1st transplant was a shocking one. Probably few hundred grafts survived.

With Doc Path- 3040 grafts

Hair Restoration Journal for tomhairloss1 - My FUT with Dr. Path - 3040 grafts

5b32d2648b9b5_6monthsCROWN.jpg.416aaab955420d7b34a43616dd8725ae.jpg

5b32d265d7297_6monthSLEFT.jpg.212db6d400c410efddb35c7a05f53fdf.jpg

5b32d26606b24_6monthsRIGHT.jpg.6289f2aecb74b81ccfe580da096eb64e.jpg

5b32d266147f1_6MONTHSVARIOUS.jpg.0616d71380f595703a36f70ee674abf9.jpg

In my opinion, this is excellent for 6 months! 3040 grafts covered a lot of territory. Don't worry, Dr. Path is top notch.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Was he the one who performed your surgery or was it the standby surgeon (Karen Kulakarn)? If you did it with Dr. Dermkang Pathomvanich himself then you are in safe hands. 6 months is an enough period, wait 2 months more to make a judgement. I believe he won Golden Follicle Award 2010.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

This looks excellent and 6 months is still not early. You are right that your expectations may be a little too high.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dr Path was a great choice in surgeons . For six months it looks like you are way ahead of the game, in another 6 months you will have a big mop of hair on your head and you won't think twice about it :D

thanks for posting

Tom, it looks like we all agree. You have a great start to a great transplant result!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Tom,

I'm sure my reassurance is not needed here with all of the credible positive feedback you've already received but let me say that I am in full agreement. It's looking good my friend. Lots more to come too!

Congratulations!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks a lot guys...I knew its a good result but as i said my expectation is little too high. One more reason is i use toppik everyday so im used to seeing myself with full head of hair...:P

@ Hariri...Doc Path did it himself and he was there until the last minute which is very nice of him. There is no doubt about it that Doc Path is one of the best in this area. I am going for my 2nd transplant with him within few months as well. Path told me to wait 1 year before another one but i guess i will try to book in for another one within 4 more months.

And thanks to all those guys on this forum who helped me choose Doc Path. I told before and telling again, he is undoubtedly one of the best and i hardly felt any pain during the transplant. Im glad i chose him...:)

tomhairloss1, that's a big mistake in my opinion. Dont go earlier please. Wait for the full growth (One year) to estimate how many grafts exactly you need. No need for the rush. Trust me buddy, patience please.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks Hariri for your advise. Yeah I think patience is the key here as you said. I should wait till its one year coz i believe my growth on the crown part is not that visible at the moment and I should give it some time before I go for another session.

hello! i have just been to Dr Pathomvanich for a consultation, though it was Dr Oravan who gave me the estimated number of grafts I'd need (2400). She quoted me quite a hefty price though! As I got confused with the exchange rate, I didn't ask for a discount! How much did you pay with Dr Path??

I really want a HT, but I'm now fretting about the price!

hI DUCKIE !! sorry about the late response...

The cost is on the scaling discount 100 baht/graft for 1000 grafts,90 baht/graft for 1000-1500 grafts,85 baht/graft for grafts over 1600.X-Change rate varies daily average 30 baht= 1 USD.

Ofcourse tis is last years price...i dont think he put it up though. How much did she quote you? Yeah Oravan is pretty good. Usually I always contact her when I need assistance or suggestions.

hI DUCKIE !! sorry about the late response...

The cost is on the scaling discount 100 baht/graft for 1000 grafts,90 baht/graft for 1000-1500 grafts,85 baht/graft for grafts over 1600.X-Change rate varies daily average 30 baht= 1 USD.

Ofcourse tis is last years price...i dont think he put it up though. How much did she quote you? Yeah Oravan is pretty good. Usually I always contact her when I need assistance or suggestions.

Hey Tom! Thanks for replying! Yes, I was quoted 85 baht for 2000 grafts. But she also quoted me 150 baht/graft for eyebrow transplants (of est. 400 grafts), which is quite a crazy price I think. How is your transplant with Dr Path coming along? I'm thinking of visiting Dr Pong in chiang mai because of my price concern, but I can't decide which doctor is better. I've come across a patient on this forum with some not-so-desired results with Dr Path, but that's not to say that I'm tending towards Dr Pong too...>.<

hey Duckie, yeah, i understand he charges a little more than the others in that region but then again this is something about which you dont wanna regret after an ordinary transplant. I had a terrible transplant so i didnt wanna take any risk. Guys on this forum recommended me thus I chose him. my experience is so far so good. After 6 months its pretty good i guess. If i get another 10% more growth in the next 6 months, i will be more than happy. My priority was to get more thickness rather than covering the whole bald area with 1 transplant. I will hopefully go for another one end of this year.

I would suggest you to open a discussion thread and ask for recommendation about dr Pong from the experts. I am sure they will guide you properly...Good luck with it

• 1 month later...