FUE white dots. Do they go away? (1 month post-op pic)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is normal. Those dots are scars and are permanent but they will look better in a few months when it heals completely, as well as some of the shocked hair returning at that time.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

As mentioned many times and how many have tried to help educate, Fue DOES causes scaring.

This is possibly down to larger punch size however scars will reside and be visible, they are just a different type of scarring to strip.

Imagine what your donor area would look like with 3000-to all your donor supply removed by fue extractions.

It would look very unnatural and bolder dashed so to speak, limiting the ability to shave it all down which too many people preach is possible.

I do think they will fade in time as it is early days.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Some really goes, especially when FUE out some bad single grafts (NOT PLUGS) from hairline. I have seen doctors doing it perfectly like Dr. Feller.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I was told that these were not white dots but the absence of hairs as it is to early to have true "scars". The extraction sites are not healed yet as indicated by the pinkish color of the skin. Whether or not the look improves remains to be seen. This is what it looks like at a zero guard right now. When it was longer it was not noticeable. I will also start using a topical vitamin E treatment.

Let the area heal more. They do go away. It also varies from person to person. Some take longer, some don't. Before you put anything on/apply, contact your doctor to double check if it is ok to do so.

Also, Coalition member, Dr. Rassman, has a blog in which he answers questions regarding hair loss related issues that I read a lot. You may want to check out some of his responses regarding FUE for extra information. Maybe some of the questions/responses can help you get answers.

1 Year Post-Op Photo of FUE Donor Area? - Balding Blog

Will FUE Make the Back of My Head Look Moth Eaten? - Balding Blog

Any Completely Scarless Transplant Techniques? - Balding Blog

I had a 3000+ graft FUE procedure by Dr. Rahal, and I don't really notice anything myself. Obviously, it is very hard for me to check because I have to do it from a distance. However, I have asked my family members to check and they don't see anything either. So, I am guessing the area is healed. I am 7 1/2 months post up.

Sean, would you be willing to bic shave your hair or donor region for the benefit of the community to see 3000+ extraction scars?

Would any other forum member be happy to do this?

I personally think it would cast a lot of light on the suitability for FUE mega sessions and people perception of scarless procedure.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I buzz my head regularly out of convenience and that is what I did now at one month post-op. I will buzz it again regularly to check and see how it is healing and also to be able to rub vitamin E onto the scalp more easily. RichFrog the punch used was .8mm.

I buzz my head regularly out of convenience and that is what I did now at one month post-op. I will buzz it again regularly to check and see how it is healing and also to be able to rub vitamin E onto the scalp more easily. RichFrog the punch used was .8mm.

thanks for the info, i though BHR used small punches. Ive seen 3 of there FUE patients and all of them said the scarring looked really faint/unnoticeable. Im guessing yours will with time.

But keep us updated its good knowledge as many people dont shave as close as you after there op.

cdog94544:

just a quick question do you think under 1500 fue do you think that the donor would look acceptable?

I think you look good for being one month post-op. You look like you are healing well. And yes, with time, your scalp will improve in appearance. The redness should inprove as well.

You did not have a large session. The 'white" dot appearance is a result of scar tissue formated in the extraction sites. With FUE, there is little blood flow left in the extraction sites as the scalp heals itself.

Patients that tan dark can potentially have their dots show more when their scalps are buzzed down very short, and then their scalps start tanning in the summer sun.

Congrats!;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

QUOTE<Sean, would you be willing to bic shave your hair or donor region for the benefit of the community to see 3000+ extraction scars? Would any other forum member be happy to do this?>QUOTE

Chrisdav maybe that would put some issues to rest especially if we did side by side comparisons with fut patients also shaved with a bic. This problem is going to be that most of us are here to grow more hair not to shave it all off. I like the idea otherwise though.

Edited by Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Someone should try it out and post the results here for our benefit. Any takers?

There is guy called gc83uk on HS forum, he had 1400 grafts taken out,

he documented procedure with high quality photos, donor looks scar free, no white dots at all,check it out

If OP went to HSI I doubt he would have any white dots issues

I've always wondered but never seen it mentioned, but do the FUE dots tan in the sun? Or is it because they are scars they won't?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Ive had 1032 extractions from my chin with no visible marks or scarring , i spent last summer in the sun and tanned with no visible marks at all , The Dr used a 0.8 mm manual handpunch , no robot, no scribe, no power extraction tool , no neograft, just the manual handheld punch

hope this helps

ej

I don't think its absurd as the majority of newbies think that FUE is scarless procedure when it isn't and most people initially who want a hair transplant procedure all want fue which I understand.

I have fue scarring on the left side of my head although from a poor surgeon.

My sisters boyfriend does but he has a limited knowledge on hairloss/restoration but he is a diffuse thinner so it is unlikely that he is a candidate for hair surgery.

I thought Sean might but I fully understand if he wouldn't do it.

It was just a suggestion to help educate and show others what 3000 FUE donor looked, as it is rarely shown.

I gather you wouldnt be up for it then :)