FUE white dots. Do they go away? (1 month post-op pic)

England,

Just growing out the hair length by 1/2 inch will make a difference in the scarring appearance. The lingering redness in the 2 week post-op pic should improve with time.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cdog94544, I was wondering if you've seen any progress. I'm concerned about the same issue and want to get a game plan together. I'm considering using a derma roller and/or fraxel restore in a few months (I'm trying to wait a year post-op).

If anyone else has suggestions or can point me to success stories, please feel free.

Thank you!

cdog94544, I was wondering if you've seen any progress. I'm concerned about the same issue and want to get a game plan together. I'm considering using a derma roller and/or fraxel restore in a few months (I'm trying to wait a year post-op). Have you seen fading over time? I would love to know the typical timeline of the white dot scar, i.e., when it peaks and when it begins to fade.

If anyone else has suggestions or can point me to success stories, please feel free.

Thank you!

I agree with Mattj. The strip scar is more visible in the before because of the contrast with the fresh FUE excisions and of course the head is shaved. It is barely visible in the second photo.

Fair point but the strip scar would be much more evident if the patient had a white scalp and dark hair instead of fair hair like this individual. FUE scars are much less detectable in the right hands even compared to a strip scar in the right hands.