UPDATED: Photos -- 3800 grafts w/ Dr. Hasson

hair_me_out

Hi everyone!

I'm about a week and a half post-op with Dr. Hasson. Finally got around to getting my blog up and wanted to share it with everyone. I did a lot of research here and elsewhere on the web before deciding to go with H&W. It felt to me like they are industry leaders and when it comes to my head, I didn't want to take any chances. I'm really nervous about how the hair grows -- I just hope everything goes well. Thanks to everyone on the forums here for educating me. Also huge thanks to everyone at H&W -- Doug, Joe, Dr. Hasson, his wonderful techs, and Mike Ferko. Talk about a first rate operation -- this place was a well-oiled machine. Absolutely amazing how helpful, friendly, and professional they were. Highly recommended.

Here is the link to my photos. I've included pre-op and immediately post-op. I will post 1 week photos soon. Let me know what you think!

My Blog -- 3800 grafts w Dr. Hasson

Thanks,

hair_me_out

Edited by hair_me_out

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You picked the best of the best and the doc performed a clean, refined, mega session. The immediate post op results look fantastic, and this is going to be a dynamite result when it is all grown out. Congratulations!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hey Phil,

Congratulations on your recent HT. Looks very impressive. It must be one of the cleanest sessions Ive seen, already at only one week out things are looking good. Great hairline design.

Questions for you. What was the motivation behind opting to go more aggressive? How old are you?

I also cant remember seeing the donor extraction run that wide before. Did your doc mention anything regarding your scalp laxity?

Again, great clean work and for sure, come next summer, you will have one hell of a hairline!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Raphael84: Phil? I think you have me mixed up with the other Hasson patient.

Anyway, to your questions. I'm 28. When I say "aggressive" let me explain what I mean. I told him "Doc, do what you have to do. Be as aggressive as you think will make the chances lower of me having to return any time soon for a 2nd surgery." So, he filled in around native hair from the hairline back. I did not lower the hairline from my existing forelock. I don't mean aggressive going down, I mean aggressive going back toward the crown. I basically wanted Dr. Hasson to do what he thought was best and not constrain him with graft count $ because I'd probably regret that a few years later. So.... instead of just filling in the temples that had receded, he covered a larger area in between native hair as sort of an "insurance policy."

As for the donor area, I was a little surprised that the scar was as wide as it is, too. But I have since seen another Hasson patient's pictures that were similar. He didn't speak specifically about this, but he did mention that he went a little higher with my donor area than usual. He gave some technical term that I've since forgotten, about why he did that. It was something about since I allowed him to shave my whole head that he was able to select the best hair to pull from. I really can't remember. Maybe Jotronic can add something about this?

As for scalp laxity, I did do the Jotronic excercises for 2 full months, 30 min a day. Dr. Hasson said during the day-before consult that I had very good laxity. I didn't hear him comment on it on the actual surgery day, but given that they were shooting for 3500 and ended up with 3800, I guess it was average to above average.

Hope this helps.

hair_me_out

congrats and happy growing on your recent HT. icon_smile.gif

As for the donor area, I was a little surprised that the scar was as wide as it is, too. But I have since seen another Hasson patient's pictures that were similar. He didn't speak specifically about this, but he did mention that he went a little higher with my donor area than usual. He gave some technical term that I've since forgotten, about why he did that. It was something about since I allowed him to shave my whole head that he was able to select the best hair to pull from. I really can't remember. Maybe Jotronic can add something about this?

hehe, the doc said the same to me too :P except I asked him to go as high as he could on the donor area as I like to fade my hair out with a 2. I too, was surprised at how wide the scar was, but after seeing a few other patients in the waiting room with their heads shaved and the scar stretching from one end to the other, I thought 'meh' icon_biggrin.gif

Hi everyone,

Just a quick heads up to let you know that I just updated my blog with my 2 weeks photos. Got my staples out! Feels great -- although some stung quite a bit. Check out the blog for the pics, link is in my signature.

Take care,

hair_me_out

Originally posted by hair_me_out:

Phil: The date was Nov 18. From what I can tell, not many have fallen out at all. I think I'm due for them to start though...

Most of mine stayed in until about 2.5 weeks, and then they started falling out in droves . . . by 4 weeks I only had 20-30 left. Those guys stayed for the duration.

I'm at day 18. Pretty much the whole left side has fallen out. The weird thing is that from dead center to the left is all gone and center to the right about 50% are still there. Go figure. Also the old grafts are still growing and a lot of the recipient hair Dr. Hasson shaved back is still there. I'm hoping that avoids the temporary shock loss to make hiding it easier.

Hair me out,

Genuine apologies regarding me attempting to "re-name" you. That was my failed attempt at saving time and multi-tasking. Reading and typing simultaniously.

Good answers to the questions. The initial "aggressive" term worried and suprised me initially, but after your explanation, it doesnt sound a bad philosophy. So long as no "unnecessary" shock loss is experienced.

A good question for anybody there actually. How long post-op, until your can be sure that you have not and will not experience shock loss?

Your in for an amazing result!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Well hair_me_out, you are in the middle of the worst part. But in another two-three months, you'll be healed up and you'll be seeing some growth. Looks like incredible work as to expected from Dr. Hasson. You got a crapload of grafts for a relatively small region.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a question for you a few of you guys in this thread.

hair_me_out, jmg544 and sparse - you guys all had your HT hairline rounded to lower the recession in your temples

aaron1234 - did not, he just had the HT hairline go straight back into the natural hairs

I think all 4 of your HTs look great so far. I'm just confused if it's better to fill in the temples or not. How big do you think is the risk the your hairline receeds behind it?

Megatron: That's a really good question. I'm not really sure how risky it is but I'm sure Dr. Hasson accessed that risk by analyzing the hair to see what shape it's in. I have to assume he wouldn't have done it if he thought it was likely to recede away.

But I can't say this with 100% certainty, since I didn't ask him specifically about this. Did any of you other guys talk to him about it? Perhaps Jotronic could chime in with some insight.

hair_me_out