Dr Rahal 1413 FUE February 2012

HookHairs

Thanks guys, trooper, lol I guess you could say that.. it was very depressing having gone through the first HT with a respected doc and end up with a poor result, so embarrassing to friends and my then girlfriend ten years younger gave me hell. I had to go back to Feller the second time as he offered to repair for free using a different method (manual punch, more tissue around the grafts, grafts left in natural groupings), problem was he didnt use near enough grafts to finish the job and density/evenness was an issue. Its been one hell of a journey but after the second op, although it was far from perfect it made a significant difference in how I could style my hair (a little more trickery than avatar involved for some styles though haha). I just finished with my girlf of 8 years, I never struggle with girls but I wanted to look forward to being single with a full swede of hair and decent hairline. Hence the tough decision to see the deal through and go for one more op with a world best. Im now recovering well although the shedding is in full swing on day 14. Im having to stay in with a red shaved head which is a killer but Im confident that this will be the result to achieve my goals. Good luck all who are soon to go under the punch.. ill post my results as soon as theres anything worth seeing.

HookHairs,

Looking good.

What's the original graft number projected pre-FUE? Is it lower or higher than 1,4K?

And did Dr Rahal say that you still have some donor left in the future? (Not that you would need it.)

Thanks for your updates.

Hi Headbangerguy,

originally from the online consult I was recommended 1800 grafts but the photo I emailed to the patient liaison Chad distorted in the email for some reason so it was difficult to tell. When I met with Dr Rahal he revised down to 1400 and said it would give a great result. My final graft numbers were as follows:

1s = 347

2s = 660

3s = 366

4s = 40

= 1413 (total 2925 hairs)

Edited by HookHairs

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update at one month today post surgery. Over the last ten days ive been shedding like a wookie, my hands were like teen wolf in the shower. Im now left with about 20% of transplanted hair, but.. there is early new growth, ive attached a pic that shows a couple of sprouts under a lens but there are lots of them all over, not bad for just one month out, i didnt expect any growth to show yet. The only negative is that even after a month out, you can still see the donor area worked on, its got pretty shredded after 3300 grafts over 3 years. I certainly couldnt have any more taken from the areas already worked.

IMG_3616.jpg.2ea826909897ecdb15106c8b5cbfa935.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg.66a103c1a6de10c992c2734279e6edf5.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi all, thought I would update on my progress so far. Im four months and a week out from my op now. There is some good growth on my left side with more new shoots popping through. The shape of the hairline is great on this side too. The right side is a fair bit weaker which is a little disappointing as the hairline was not lowered on this side, the idea was just to fill it in here and create a natural hairline. I know its still very early days yet so we'll see what the next few months brings.

Ive noticed probably about ten or so dried plugs drop out long after the shedding phase which im not sure are failed grafts. The odd transplanted hairs have shed (after regrowing following the shedding phase) but im told this is normal and can happen. I'll let the photographs do the rest of the talking.

5b32d356b9876_photo1.jpg.1952f435328cdb29d2e2e3ab5eb850c6.jpg

5b32d3573f75e_photo2.jpg.9f23c6db089ce315288286da6cd22616.jpg

5b32d35752e7c_photo3.jpg.b490321c209cd2907c439f3544c1eaa1.jpg

5b32d35764efb_photo4.jpg.4a5300e159fe32c9ab503b35a8494f78.jpg

5b32d3577d654_photo5.jpg.7bf7316be289aeb6782ddd1059d68ec1.jpg

Hi all, thought I would update on my progress so far. Im four months and a week out from my op now. There is some good growth on my left side with more new shoots popping through. The shape of the hairline is great on this side too. The right side is a fair bit weaker which is a little disappointing as the hairline was not lowered on this side, the idea was just to fill it in here and create a natural hairline. I know its still very early days yet so we'll see what the next few months brings.

Ive noticed probably about ten or so dried plugs drop out long after the shedding phase which im not sure are failed grafts. The odd transplanted hairs have shed (after regrowing following the shedding phase) but im told this is normal and can happen. I'll let the photographs do the rest of the talking.

That looks pretty darn good for just a little over 4 months. I think you are going to be pleased once this is all grown in. Thanks for your detailed write ups and good luck.

don't worry every graft that does'nt grow Dr Rahal will replant them free,well thats what it says on is web site. I have notice that alot of people have a side where the hair does'nt grow has much as the other side,disapointing if you ask me.

• 7 months later...

any updates champ? i have been seeing a few feller fue results which did not turn out well. he seems negative about fue in general these days.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, sorry its been a while. The reason for my delay is that at 5 months, my result was turning into what I thought was going to be truly amazing but at 5.5 months I went through a pretty rapid and traumatic mysterious shed. I believe one other rahal FUE patient experienced the same phenomenon at 5 months. I was asked by Rahals team to see a trichologist which I did in January this year. She told me that since the dermal papilla had clearly transplanted properly, whatever "insulted" the follicles causing a shed should subside and the follicles should regrow in 6-12 months.

Fortunately enough, the shedding has slowed (but still happening, and these are definitely thick transplanted hairs) and Im seeing some progressive improvement and now the result is looking pretty good. There is still some hair missing behind the hairline, and the hairline itslef has degraded badly in areas, which under harsh light really shows up the lower density. Its a little patchy in places but Im hoping this improves, if not, im sure Rahal will provide a small top up to fill in those gaps for a tremendous finish. I'll report again at the 18 month mark, at which time I should have an idea of which hair is coming back and which isnt.

Images show just prior to shed at 4.5 months, then immediately post shed. Then skipping to more recent pics of exposing the patches but also how I can currently make it look in ordinary light now that its recovering. Despite the thinning out period, its looking pretty good and a million miles from where I started.

Hope that helps guys.

5b32d7d833d20_preshed.jpg.b0c0e9484765a93fd411899795feff19.jpg

photo.jpg.7f3664fda65c712c3f3e6297c43fe9b0.jpg

5b32d7d86a166_patchyflash.jpg.3e846e36934b7bf952b9c651a35c5d7a.jpg

5b32d7d878bb8_behindhairline.jpg.0242693da83622ebb35f6945d5cc303b.jpg

latest.jpg.ec37caf7e5c8b22e8c8ab85baf82d241.jpg

5b32d7d8c5e4a_latest2side.jpg.2ae81adda90f45af14bafffb9392cbf7.jpg

5b32d7d8d9743_sidelatest.jpg.902cd624dece4599c8536ea04531f4ac.jpg

Edited by HookHairs

• 3 months later...

Looks amazing. Maybe agenteye can follow up with this guy.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think HookHairs looks terrific; and although it isn't entirely common for this to happen, it does occur from time to time. The good news is the shed is slowing and the hair will regrow. Dr. Rahal guarantees his work, and would stand by a procedure that didn't take. The good news for you,this won't be the case for HH. And I really think he looks terrific, especially when comparing to his pre-op photos. I sent him a PM to see how everything is going and if he is back on track with the regrowth. I'll update this thread if I hear anything new......

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Looks amazing. Maybe agenteye can follow up with this guy.

Hi Everyone-

I sent a private message to HH, and he responded to let me know that he is planning to post again soon, once he is ready to do so. If you sent him a PM and you have not heard back, please be patient and respect his wishes to sort everything out for himself. He will respond once he feels in a position to do so.

Thank you,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

just to provide an update as I've had lots of emails over the last two years asking questions and the reasons why ive gone quiet. My hair recovered after the two sheds to roughly 80% of original post op, it was left a little patchy on the hairline but looked fine. Unfortunately my hair went through a shed last year ( 2015) and has thinned a little on the native too. The good news is I'm confident ive identified the trigger which causes an immune response. Naturally I will avoid that in the future!

I intend to go back to Dr Rahal for a topup to the transplanted area and to fill in some of the native I think ive lost too. I contacted Chad a couple of weeks ago and Im just waiting to hear back from Dr Rahal. You can see on the photos where it could help from some thickening and getting the hairline neat again so I dont have to shave down the stalky hairs in my hairline.

5b32eaaca3860_Hairindaylightleftside.jpg.748ff9e0940b604d3e2389f4bc7b1000.jpg

Hairline.jpg.d5d11b052a61a41bb59ac6455c3e053a.jpg

5b32eaaccbbd9_Hairlineheldback.thumb.jpg.b497d9479d9d4449022c193f9657b999.jpg

5b32eaace1369_Rightside.thumb.jpg.260eb4d2f16ed33c78fa019db68993b2.jpg

5b32eaacf283a_HairlineCombed.jpg.9490bcb16512c9963c3de379742d8ff4.jpg