3 month update from my surgery with Dr Rahal

keithh

Hi Guys,

I still have some pain and redness in both the recipient and donor areas. When I touch the back of my head I get a shooting pain from the scar up to my crown. The scar is also very tight and seems to be wider on the left side.

The pics are with a Number 3 blade.

IMG_3411.jpg.2e0b00e70c47dacb175632df530bc3c9.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg.cb8684d5528efce18125124b041c2ba9.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg.e6ef703f1d3516b82b40c7f74a6559f7.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg.2494faca15bf0851a283cfe15c758404.jpg

IMG_3423.JPG.427336cf47fd9998fbe961ff58226405.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG.7b6c02752ddb947588fbf9af6136118b.JPG

IMG_3437.JPG.b610850daeb848d75792221f8848567e.JPG

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Keith

I'm really glad I saw this, as I'm seriously considering Dr Rahal and it's your hair pattern pre-op looks very similar to my own.

I've not seen anyone else looking red like that after 3 months. Is it normal?

On the plus side, it looks like you've got a lot of transplanted hair coming through where there was no hair at all before. Hang in there.

4800+ grafts, Dr Bisanga, Brussels, Oct 2012

My Photos

Some people stay red longer than others. This looks good for three months and right where you should be. The growth will take off in about a month

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Keithh

I personally think, just my opinion, you are gonna feel not normal, probably for the whole first year...and by that I mean, just weird feelings in your scalp and head area...just think what you actually went through..I am one month post op..I still have weird feelings in my head...no pain, just different...and sometimes I do have a little pain as well...if you are worried you can always contact Dr Rahals office!!! As for your pictures...you do seem red, but this is normal as well...it will go away with time!! Good luck buddy...think positive, you are two months ahead of me!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I believe once the shockloss comes back you will be happy with the scar.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Keithh

I just looked at your pre op pictures, you definitely have some growth starting. The next 3-5 months are gonna be fun for you. Remind me again how many grafts you received.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks for the comments guys.

I've not seen anyone else looking red like that after 3 months. Is it normal?

Ive come across a few cases like mine so im not really that worried. Ill be sending mike my 3 month update today and will ask if there is anything I can do to help with the redness.

I believe once the shockloss comes back you will be happy with the scar.

Thanks Rc. I think the scar is healing nicely but I definitely stretched it on the left side.

How was your scalp laxity? (Sorry, not familiar with your case)

It appears that those with tighter scalp take a little longer to go back to normal. In my case, My head started to feel normal after about a month.

My laxity was really good. I think NHP is right in saying that it may take the whole year to feel normal again

I just looked at your pre op pictures, you definitely have some growth starting. The next 3-5 months are gonna be fun for you. Remind me again how many grafts you received.

Thanks NHP

I can’t believe its 3 months already. Really flew by. I hope the next 3 months are more fun. I had 3634 grafts, 1s x 629 2s x1965 3s x967 4s x 63. Donor was 34.cm2 and the recipient 70cm2

Congrats on your recent HT. Youve got through that wretched ugly duckling phase and your results are just around the corner. Good luck with the new growth and keep us all updated!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

As the nerves in your scalp are still healing it's normal to feel some pain and perhaps some tingling sensations. They will gradually get better as the nerves sort themselves out.

I know you know this but I wanted to reinforce it a little. :)

So next comes the hair!

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone is different, I can honestly say that after 3.5 months my head feels 100% normal.

Some people heal quicker, some slower.

Good progress so far, you're growing very well.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

wow what a transformation thus far...great results...this is going to be a great end result!!! Big change from 3 months...congrats u must feel great!!! I am right behind you as my 3 months was in early March. Keep us updated!!! Good stuff!

Thanks for the comments.

I’m really happy with the growth in the last month. I’ve even started to go out without a hat on. I met up with a friend of mine that I had not seen since before the surgery and the very first thing he said to me was, “did you do a Wayne Rooney to your hair?” I laughed and told him everything. I don’t think ill be able to hide what ive done.

• 5 weeks later...

Now its cooking! Looks at great at just 5 months mate. Bit of couvre and toppik would fill that in to a thick looking full head of hair! Not that I think you need it, another month or two and it's gonna be another impressive Rahal result.

Hows the scar? Do you still have strange feeling in your head/ donor or has it eased?

Looking good...you must be excited! Keep us posted!! congrats!