dramatic donor shock loss

youdontsay

I seem to have a quite dramatic case of shock loss in the donor area. (I am 2 months post op). This was a second transplant. Since the second transplant, I've also lost a fair amount of hair from the first transplant. When does this typically return?

Youdontsay, that is one of the more severe cases of shockloss I have seen. I see that you are from Australia. Who did your surgery? Shockloss in the donor will grow back unless something was done bad wrong during surgery.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Shock loss is temporary and happens from time to time but the severity differs from patient to patient. It will get better around 3-4 months post op. in the meantime you can use concealed like dermatch if you want to hide it.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Nasty shock loss there, but it should all come back in a few months. Hang tight!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Spexs had something as bad as that i think it was 4-6 months for him.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Indeed - I had shockloss that resembled this approx area from an FUE session i had some time ago.

Breathe easy my man - it will all come back :cool:

Might i recommend 1 x application of minoxidil to the area to help stimulate growth. My shock took approx 5 months to regrow.

Spex

Ahhhh the minoxidil to the donor area...something I learned from " The Spex Project "!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I seem to have a quite dramatic case of shock loss in the donor area. (I am 2 months post op). This was a second transplant. Since the second transplant, I've also lost a fair amount of hair from the first transplant. When does this typically return?

Hi I had 2 small strip HTs in 06 (250 grafts) & 07 (750 grafts) where my head wasnt shaved and i had none of this

3 months ago i had my 3rd HT which was FUE and shaved head with 2450 grafts. I got exactly what u have right now at week 2 and i was distraught i came on here and several members and dr charles consoled me saying the hair should grow back

Thankfully it did all grow in by 3 months. In the meanwhile i got away with using dermatch (i have black hair) and keeping it quite short on the sides .

You will be fine bro. try not to worry the vast majority of people recover within 3 months.

Hello

I had some shockloss from FUE but it is all part of the process. Further, the "U" shaped buzz needed to grow back as well so concealing both were an issue. I used dermatch and kept the surrounding hair a bit longer prior to surgery.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I possibly could be suffering shock loss too. See my thread and photo attached. I hope it is in fact shock loss because I would not be happy with the results otherwise.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165074-recent-fue-procedure-450-grafts-not-happy-resulting-donor-area.html

I wasn't aware you could have shock loss in the donor area. I'm comforted by the fact that you guys have experienced similar and recovered.

Fue patient you can get donor shockloss in fue surgery but it's nowhere near as common as strip shockloss because with strip a hole piece of scalp is removed it must be harder for the blood to flow through.

With regards to your pictures i'm unsure if it is shockloss as i've never seen anyone with fue shockloss like that where it's just in between the punch holes usually it spreads out of the extracted area slightly, i my self had a butcher take approx 800 fue grafts out of my donor with a big 1mm punch and after 2 to 3 weeks it was completely covered the surgeon who did mine was so bad he pushed a fue graft into my skull and left it there to infect. I think it's just luck of the draw because by rights i should of had fue shockloss if it goes on a surgeons skill.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I've seen some cases of shock loss at that level. Like others are saying: around 3-5 months. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hello Everyone,

I am well aware of my patient's shock loss in his donor area. This is the only patient of mine that I have seen having donor region shock loss of any significance. My patient did have shock loss with his first surgery and was well aware that it might happen again. All of his hair in the donor region grew back after his first surgery. Thank you for your words of encouragement and support to my patient. I am sure he appreciates your kind words.

Best Regards, Dr. Keller

Dr. Keller is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...