Dr Feller - 2nd HT hairline & mid scalp tweak

Ukresponder

Greetings,

I am 11 days post of of my 2nd HT with Dr Feller. Just to fill you guy sin I had 2250 strip last august which did a great job in hiding any kind of hair loss to where I was before.

I was so pleased with DR Feller did with me last time round I had no hesitation in going back in again to see what he can pull of this time round.

So my main goal was to drop the hairline by a good 1-1.25 cms and in particular address the centre of the hairline which had a lot of loss.

During the consult per op Dr Feller said he really was worried about my mid scalp forelock area, which i really wasn't to bothered about until he dug up the before pics from last August and showed me just hwo much density had been lost, I was getting away with it but in a centre parting it looked less dense and more sparse than the rest of the hair, so slightly reluctantly i did go with his advixce and agreed to addressing the mid scalp.

I know his judgement and graft placement from last time round was absolutley spot on so I knew I his advice and concern was for the best.

As always nothing but the best time with the Doc and his lovely staff.

Ive got some pics here now 10 days post op I will get the preop and im post op soon.

Now I need to find a wig.......

mid-scalp-400.jpg.8649007a611bbfba44a7115d2a995357.jpg

hairline-front.jpg.b99614effc1c55eda19d2cc856615dbb.jpg

hailine-right.jpg.307fe59879ed801b6830b91b374549f8.jpg

hailine-left.jpg.9fce25ce2f17cb207ef27ca9e444b6c5.jpg

scar-10days.jpg.422bc8dd57ce92bf095085d1d6fcbcb8.jpg

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

Cheers guys,

I think it was around 1450 graft into the hairline and the rest was around 400 into mid scalp

Looks great for ten days.

With an excellent result from your initial transplant with Dr Feller, I am predicting exactly the same from the second.

Keep us all posted on your progress.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Things are looking great, I'll be interested in seeing the result. Keep us posted.

A quick question: Why shave your head and leave that one area long? You're going to end up shaving that anyway I would imagine and it seems as if that longer hair would just get in the way during the surgery...

Any thoughts on that?

Hi Staggert,

I kept the hair as long as possible just to see what it could do to conceal any work done, I did the same for my first HT, amd it was ideal because last time round I had basically all of the outer edges done in a u shape, so thmiddle hair was able to cover up the implnated area after.

This time round I have a good monk's look, so the hair which is at the back is long enough to cover the mid scalp. I use Caboki fibres to conceal the area and it just about looks ok.

I'll show you a pick of what I mean, each to their own though!

UK R

I keep hearing about this Caboki concealer. Positive reviews on all accounts.

Can you show us pics with and without ?

Best

S

Here are some updates 28 days post of 2nd Ht with Dr feller a common theme is down time and concealing any work done the major ball ache of this whole show. I thought this might be useful as I was given a true monks haircut in the last procdure so here you can see some post op pics and also some with concealer, and you will see that it's pretty hard to see that Ive had a HT

Ive moved over from nanogen/toppik to caboki fibres for me personally they are far better, they stick to the hair not the scalp the charge is excellent meaning you dont need to layer on any hair spray etc to 'lock them in'and for me again they just blend beautifully to your own hair.

Each to their own though I guess it comes doen to your hair characteristics ultimately.

Also Ive taken a pic of the scar at 28 days, man we had trouble finding it! It's a very thin scar already, this will be a peach a year down the line.

Considering this was HT 2 and ive had oer 4000 grafts knoked out of the donor area to have a scar that thin and healing well is a bonus It looks as good as the first one if not even better when I was getting the staples out from the same person from last time round.

I grew my hair as long as possible so that at least you get option to cover up post op, something worth considering when going for a strip sessiion. I did the same last time round although I had an extended time of again no one really knew anything , except im going through a shit hair style period!

best,

Uk R

28-DAYS-l.jpg.f52213dedbf2f095fefb6a7c295b7dbb.jpg

MIDSCALP-28DAYS.jpg.181af1be7cefd9bffb235614cfb91633.jpg

SCAR-28-DAYS-POT-OP.jpg.997d40e9096c61ffc2a269f4e203e79e.jpg

CABOKI-28DAYS-FRONT.jpg.ac7b382dc797f5aa41b8e70381842920.jpg

CABOKI-POST-OP.jpg.3c7d78961596c9f6ce8d5a34c3383ae0.jpg

Hi UK Responder and thanks for that post. I always liked nonagen but not the dispenser it came with. Hence for laziness I stick with toppik which was fine. But both of these products made my hair a bit dry and disty looking. Would you say caboki reduces the dry and dusty factor a bit or are they about the same in this regard? I'm not a big user but as I'm midway through repair i wondered if this product would help a bit. cheers mate

• 2 months later...

[update 3 months ]

Greetings everyone, thought i'd post up some 3 months pics,. Even though th epics show only a little growth the actual overal appearence of the hair once styled etc is miles better than 3 months agao, I no longer need any fibres to cover up the mid scalp arae and when I wear the hair flat and straight forward no eveidence of any HT or loss of hair. but for the sake of comparison Im brushingit all backl so you can see like for like. the scar is behaving wonderfully.

In fact if it can be its better than last time round no sensitivity there was no shock loss belwo the scar ( whih I had first time) and already the laxity has some back lalost like no flesh was ever taken.

post another update in a while

grow well wveryone

3months-feller-front-update.jpg.3ae9bccc87a394ac1530ef19240413c1.jpg

3months-feller-left-side.jpg.086bff48ee8c3823a58abe71b86e86a6.jpg

3months-feller-right-side.jpg.7c033be8ba7fd52fd9c539085ec27de0.jpg

3-months-feller-wet-front.jpg.2fb85de9feafc6e15a2733cffdbbf521.jpg

With a great transplant already, I am not sure you need telling to be patient with the whole journey :)

Keep us posted.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 5 weeks later...

[4 month update]

thught id post again after 1 month, the grafts are pretty much fallen out, however as you can see the native hair in mid scalp area and the surrounding hair line is grown back nicely, this is all he original hair in the first place as the new grafts which were placed in between the existing hairs are yet to come through.

here are some pics of how well the scar has healed at 4 months it really is abeat, no irritation, pain or anything.

4month-update-1.jpg.113803106ef1e3293de2886a0a5aedf8.jpg

4month-update-front.jpg.d5fb53389accb8eddc50620789d63084.jpg

4month-update-top.jpg.838b029454d45640f6d4402b00bd0829.jpg

scar-4month-3.jpg.24f71f2e7ffa057999bb81e534ab321b.jpg

scar-4months-1.jpg.92848df9fa586117ba9d4b926e701cdc.jpg

scar-4months-ht2.jpg.ee7f6a801cac969ac0c84462dd4a30ed.jpg

• 5 months later...