HT w/ Dr. Wong in the morning

ckc527

Man, not too good so far. Hope it works out for you. It's a hell of a wait. Had you already dropped grafts by day 7? The density doesn't look that good there. Maybe you will have some growth going forward. Every doc has a patient or two that this happens to, it just has to really really suck when you are one of them.

I highly respect H&W and think they are top notch but I feel that a great outcome may be highly unlikely. I have never heard of losing grafts at six months. My hairs that fell had those little hooks in them too, but they fell from the 2 to 5 week mark. Let us know how it goes and what your plans are. Did they say how many total grafts you have? Luckily they gave you a very conservative hairline and maybe you can play catchup. Hopefully you are on mess to sustain what you have too. Good luck.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Spanker,

I don't recall shedding grafts in the first week post op. I was pretty much on target in regards to shedding of the grafts, with the exception of some that didn't come out till many months later.

The current plan is to give it another 3 months before deciding on a date for my 2nd trip to Vancouver.

Thanks,

ckc

My Hair Loss Website

3,052 FUT with Dr. Wong on December 12, 2011

1,200 FUT with Dr. Wong on March 20, 2013

• 2 months later...

ckc,

Thanks for the update! What are your thought and feelings now at 12 months? Have you been in touch with the clinic or Jotronic regarding these most recent set of photos? It would appear that there has been some maturation and improvement from the 9 months photos, and therefore maybe some hope that things may still improve somewhat over the next couple of months, and that you may have been a VERY slow grower, but I would imagine that could be just wishful thinking. Things don't seem as dense as you would have liked pre HT!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

How are you feeling?

It's not a knockout result so far but you've definitely come a long way, from those photos it looks like a BIG improvement. Hopefully the next few months should help it along too :)

What are your thoughts?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

ckc,

Thanks for the update! What are your thought and feelings now at 12 months? Have you been in touch with the clinic or Jotronic regarding these most recent set of photos? It would appear that there has been some maturation and improvement from the 9 months photos, and therefore maybe some hope that things may still improve somewhat over the next couple of months, and that you may have been a VERY slow grower, but I would imagine that could be just wishful thinking. Things don't seem as dense as you would have liked pre HT!

Hi Raphael,

I've sent my latest photos to Joe. Waiting to hear back. Your thoughts are same as mine. I see some maturation but the density is still lacking. It has been a very long year for me. I don't really look forward to HT #2 but I know it needs to be done. Right now it's just a matter of when. What makes matter worst is I think some of my hair in the front center and mid scalp area miniaturized further. I don't think fin is working too well for me in those areas, not sure about the crown.

Thanks,

ckc

My Hair Loss Website

Good luck buddy. How much hairline density you should have based on H&W estimations with 3052 FUT? it looks to me like 40 fu/cm2 or less. And how about your next procedure? Are you going to consume the rest of your grafts into your hairline or you would be patient and see how it will progress as your crown may need some restoration?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Good luck buddy. How much hairline density you should have based on H&W estimations with 3052 FUT? it looks to me like 40 fu/cm2 or less. And how about your next procedure? Are you going to consume the rest of your grafts into your hairline or you would be patient and see how it will progress as your crown may need some restoration?

Hi Hariri,

We never discussed the hairline density numbers. This was something I forgot to ask the morning of my HT. For my next HT, I can only hope for better yield and fill in the gaps. Not sure what can be done for my mid scalp or crown since I have pretty tight scalp. I guess I'll get a better idea once I see Dr. Wong.

Thanks,

ckc

My Hair Loss Website

Just checked your blog, thanks for the documentation.

IMO, you just need more grafts. Your hairline probably needed 4k-5k. Unfortunately you had to use a good percentage of your 3000 grafts on your temples (which now look very natural). So you only got about 2000 up front... not enough for a great look.

Do your scalp exercises and go back for another pass. Best of luck with it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My HT Blog

congrats ckc527....

so your surgeries will be about 15 months apart?

good luck....Dr. Wong is wonderful

i would say on a 1-10 scale my pain level was a 1

i am hopeful i wont need to go back except to visit

but if i do....I'll be in Dr. Wong's chair again!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Big congratulations in the confirmation of your 2nd HT. I understand that this wasnt part of the initial plan, but you are undoubtedly in a better place than pre HT, and although, of course you would rather not have to go through this journey again, especially so soon, I think that you have made a decision that will prove to be extremely positive, and you will look back and be very pleased with it! In the not too distant future you will be in a really great place and will hopefully have forgotten all about these complications. Best of luck my friend. Stay positive!!! :-)

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 months later...

Today Dr. Wong transplanted 1200 grafts into my temples and hairline. Just like the first time, the staffs at H&W are very professional and put me at ease. The procedure itself went through smoothly and lasted for about 6 hours. I'll update my website as soon as I get the photos from the clinic.

The waiting begins...

Thanks,

ckc

My Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...