The fate of my new hairs?

I am 10 days past my ht, removing stitches tomorrow, and the little ht hairs are still hanging in there, a few minor scabbing areas but for the most part they look healthy right now..

Typically how long do the transplanted hairs hang in there before falling out. Also, do they just start falling out suddenly or how does that ususlly work out?

Also, how long do you have to wait for the new growth to start showing or maybe getting back to the current length?

Edited by OneHairLeft

Most of the hairs fall out within 20-30 days or so. Then there is some residual pinkness that remains, for some people using rogaine the pinkness seems more like redness temporarily for a few hours. They gradually fall, they don't fall out suddenly.

Growth depends on the person. You can take things to maximize and to speed up growth, but normally i'd say it takes 3 months to see sprouts and it keeps getting better and better if you are an early grower. Some people it takes 4-5 months. Some people grow slowly and after the 7th month they blossom like crazy. It depends on a persons own physiology as well as what they do to maybe speed up the growth. Example: applying rogaine in recipient area after the doctor suggested timeframes, taking biotin, taking msm, eating healthy, etc.

At this point post-op you may want to refer back to your post-op instructions regarding removing the remaining crusts/scabbing.

The grafts on average beging to fall out anywhere from 2-4 weeks post-op and then the transplanted follicles will rest for 3-4 months before regrowth begins.

Hair on average grows at the rate of approximately 1/2 inch per month.

Best wishes to you!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

If you're really (really) lucky, then most of the transplanted hairs will remain and start growing right away. It's a small chance though, usually they all fall out and start growing again after 3 months or so...

Do not get to exited about the hairs not falling out. I have had many patients over the years that called me after 2-3 weeks and thought the hairs were not going to shed and even appeared to have grown since the surgery. Most end up calling back after another week or two and said most od the hairs ended up falling out. You never know you may be one of the lucky patients.

There's a small percentage of patients that are lucky and the hairs doesn't fall out and keeps on growing. But that only happens less than 10% of the time.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

There's a small percentage of patients that are lucky and the hairs doesn't fall out and keeps on growing. But that only happens less than 10% of the time.

But when it does happen, it feels like winning the jackpot! :D

• 3 weeks later...

All of the transplanted hairs end up recycling eventually. That's the good part because after they do fall out and grow back, you know that you and your doctor have hit the home run!;)

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

If you're really (really) lucky, then most of the transplanted hairs will remain and start growing right away. It's a small chance though, usually they all fall out and start growing again after 3 months or so...

I guess where ive been unlucky with terrible shock loss, lack of regrowth of old hairs in recip area, bald patches in donor.....one thing i have been lucky in i guess is, 25% of the grafts remain in place at week 6 and are growing fast! i shampoo every day and also run my hand hard through my head and they down falll off.

I just wish my pre op existing hair would also start growing back to balance it all out!

So in answer to Thread starter. u may be lucky, try and be gentle with them at day 14 when u start shampooing normally dont pick at your head and by week 3-4 onwards they may just stay and start growing rapidly. But dont worry if they fall out, like the guys here state they will be back at month 3 usually or the other timeframes depending on the person

Yes,

At day 12, my FUE's are still there and feel like nice stubble. As this is my fourth procedure (an FUE, minor one) I will just wait for the donor area to grow in a couple weeks and then forget about it. It is said, the more procedures, the slower the growth of the transplants however I have not seen that.

No sense is "watching the grass grow."

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Iwokeuptoabaldpatch,

Well if 25% o your grafts remained in the growing phase and still growing, you are having an exceptional experience.

The bald patches in your donor is undoubtedly related to shockloss due to trauma in the donor area.

Wishing you all great yields!:D

Edited by gillenator

Gillenator

Yes,

At day 12, my FUE's are still there and feel like nice stubble. As this is my fourth procedure (an FUE, minor one) I will just wait for the donor area to grow in a couple weeks and then forget about it. It is said, the more procedures, the slower the growth of the transplants however I have not seen that.

No sense is "watching the grass grow."

I agree and also had 4 seperate procedures and hopefully will have my fifth one soon! Nice to see you had your four procedures with Dr. Bob True and you'll have a nice result on this one as well.

Happy growth to you!;)

Gillenator