Dorin, Feller or Epstein?

jleb

I'm looking for the best surgeon in the New York area. I have scheduled an appointment to meet with Jeffrey Epstein next week but have also heard very positive reviews about Robert Dorin/Robert True and Alan Feller. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding who is the best guy for the job? All three of these doctors seen to be some of the top Docs in the industry today. My plan is to get my procedure done in Febuary and could really use any feedback anyone has. I'm planning on meeting with all three of these doctors before January. Thank you

Hi, i dont think you can go wrong with all three of them to be honest. People talk on here about who is the best, but alot of the time it just comes down to personal preference. I would book a consultation with all three and have a look a there work and try and see some of there previous patients and take it from there.

Hope all goes well

Regards:)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I think you have found the right website to research these doctors. Both True/Dorin and Dr. Feller have great reputations and are members of the coalition. I personally like Dr. Feller as he is one of the few doctors I would let touch my head. I like his honestly, his passion, quantity of grafts he is able to do in one session and his quality of work. Not to take anything away from True and Dorin who are also very good , just my preference.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

You definitely would not go wrong with either True & Dorin or Dr. Feller. It is good that you are doing your homework and planning on several consults.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I've had 2 strips and 1 small Fue with Dr. Feller. Planning a third strip with him to tweak the hairline and temple points. If you have not consulted with him yet you should. You will meet a very knowledeable, straightforward surgeon with amazing skills and a laid back demeanor. He is also an innovator in FUE tool development and extraction--if that's the route you are going. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Epstein had a nasty divorce with this site. You can't go wrong with T&D or Feller. Both great surgeons/clinics with varying approaches.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

The search function is your best friend on this one.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

Thanks for everyone's responses. I have Scheduled a consultation with Epstein and dorin next week and let you all know the outcome. I'm really not to concerned with epsteins divorce from this site. He is on other similar hair forums such as this one. I did question one of his employees about this and he told me that it was cost related. Which I find hard to believe.

It had nothing to do with cost. It had everything to do with numerous patients of his coming forward within the same time frame presenting the forum with failed results.

From what I know, there are several great doctors in NY... more than you mentioned.

However, I would not recommend Dr. Feller. In my opinion, he is to be avoided. I have seen several cases where he has sued former dissatisfied patients of his for posting their experience with his clinic online.

It might be different if it had only happened once, or even twice, but it has happened more than a few times in the past year or so that I've been lurking on this forum. The most recent example, just last month, is of username Jessie1. Dr. Feller is suing him for defamation or libel or something like that... you won't be hearing much from Jessie1 anymore, that's for sure!

Here is the link to the most recent Feller controversy: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163670-dr-feller-proposing-sue-me-my-comments-htn-my-response.html

Just use the search button for Jessie1 and while you're at it, search for JustAGuy, BadLuck and John Malloy. From what I understand, all three of them were sued or threatened to be sued by Dr. Feller as well... all within the past year or so...

As someone stated before, where there is smoke, there must be fire. I wouldn't put my head in the care of a doctor with such a poor reputation at patient care, follow up care and not standing behind his work, but that is just me... I have never once seen Feller accept responsibility for any of his dissatisfied patients... until I do, I would not recommend him because what if you're one of the unlucky ones?

Whatever your opinion of Dr. Feller may be, it is without a doubt certain that no other Coalition doctor has more complaints than he does in the past year or so... if I'm wrong, then I challenge anyone to prove it otherwise.

Edited by galtsglutch

I would vote for Dr. Feller. He is more talented with impressive results in both FUT and FUE. Dr. Feller besides Rahal and Shapiro are my favorite 3 in North America based on my opinion and observations when it comes to results and skills only. But in ethic wise I somehow may agree with galtsglutch. I do remember those cases you mentioned. Good luck anyways.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Dr Feller is an excellent surgeon. Period! Sometimes on the forums he does get a little defensive but he is a perfectionist. As far as law suits, I'm SURE if Dr Feller is suing someone for defamation then he has the legal grounds to do it!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Dr. Feller is indeed an excellent surgeon, an innovator in FUE (many clinics use his technique and tools he has patented), and a really caring doctor. He is also one of the most frank, transparent surgeons around. Sadly galtsglutch just wants to lazily paint half the picture and conveniently left out several important details from each of those cases. If he's going to bring those cases up he should really present all the facts--but of course he won't because it's too much work and he's more interested in doing harm than good. (As, Newhair points out, each of these cases involved defamation--one of the patients he mentioned went so far as to claim Dr. Feller had drugged him before signing a consent form).

gasglutch, What about the countless happy, satisfied patients and amazing results Dr. Feller has produced? Do you mean to tell me other clinics don't have unhappy patients? How do you know other clinics don't have more? You do realize the HTN is just a sliver of HT patients in the world, yes?

Internet forum reviews can be damaging to a business, and if someone was knowingly making false claims about my lively hood I would do whatever it took to stop it, too.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere and Newhairplease,

I think the two of you missed the point of my post. I never said Feller was a bad surgeon, I just said that I do not recommend him and I probably never will. I also do not think he belongs on the Coalition.

This is my opinion and I’m entitled to it regardless of how uncomfortable it may make some. I didn’t just wily-nily come to this opinion, it took time. I had to witness several cases of less than optimal results, poor patient care and threatening behavior from Feller in response to his disaffected patients.

If anything I said is untrue, then I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. To recap, the claims I made in my original post were as follows:

1. Dr. Feller has had more complaints and dissatisfied patients on the HTN in the past year or two than any other Coalition doctor.

2. Dr. Feller has sued or threatened to sue several former patients within the past year.

3. To my knowledge, no other Coalition doctor has sued or threatened to sue former patients within the past year or two.

If any of these claims are false or inaccurate, then they can be easily disproven. However, to the best of my knowledge, they are in fact true. So please, instead of attacking me and accusing me of being here to do harm, I respectfully ask that you focus on the argument at hand.

If my claims are false or inaccurate, then I challenge you or anyone to disprove them. If you can demonstrate otherwise, I will gladly revise my statements. However, I don’t think anyone can disprove me.

In short, my opinion of Dr. Feller can be summed up with the caveat that where there is smoke, there is fire!

Ask yourself this question: how is it possible that only Feller has patients defaming, slandering or disingenuously seeking leverage against him? I have never seen a single doctor on the HTN make such claims about their former patients, yet I have seen Dr. Feller make several such claims in the past year. It is only fair that any prospective patient be made aware of the troubled history that comes with Dr. Feller.

Dissatisfied patients include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. JustAGuy (poor results, later threatened with litigation or actually sued)

2. BadLuck (poor results, later threatened with litigation or actually sued)

3. John Mallory (poor results, later threatened with litigation or actually sued)

4. Jessie1 (poor results; later threatened with litigation)

5. LondHTSeeker (poor results)

6. Trooper (poor results)

That makes at least 6 patients in the past year… how many other Coalition doctors have this many unhappy patients? To my knowledge, none of them do… it’s only Dr. Feller. For this reason, I cannot and will not recommend him. I don’t care how many happy patients he has, that is irrelevant.

If I’m wrong, just prove it. However, do not attack me for stating an inconvenient and uncomfortable truth. To repeat:

1. Dr. Feller has had more complaints and dissatisfied patients in the past year than any other Coalition doctor. If not, then which Coalition doctor has had the most in the past year or two?

2. Dr. Feller has sued or threatened to sue several former patients within the past year.

3. No other Coalition doctor has sued or threatened to sue former patients within the past year. If not, then who else has sued or threatened to sue former patients?

Edited by galtsglutch

Galtsglutch

I never attacked you, you may want go go read my post again before you say I attacked you! You on the other hand did attack Dr Feller by saying he don't belong in the coalition! Then you state 3 cases why! 3! Really? Out of the 5000 plus he's performed you feel he's not competent enough for this coalition. That proves your ignorance. As far as the rest of your post, I don't really care to waste my time.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

gas, You are making Dr. Feller out to be someone who just sicks the legal hounds on someone if they post a bad result, yet you mentioned two unhappy patients who were not sued. Dr. Feller did not threaten litigation against these patients for posting bad results, yet you seem to conveniently skate over that fact. You also claim your issue is not over poor results, yet you write "1.JustAGuy (poor results, later threatened with litigation or actually sued)." Kind of a mixed message.

Here's the reality: EVERY CLINIC has unsatisfied patients, whether they come on to HTN to complain or not. And if it were my business and the customer made false claims on an Internet forum you better believe I would do everything I could to prevent that. Wouldn't you?

Hairthere,

What’s going on here? I make a post at 10:30pm on a Friday night and 6 minutes later Hairthere responds! How is this even possible? How is it possible that Hairthere always seems to just be there… waiting? His rapid response / damage control posts are really starting to creep me out.

I’ve noticed that it’s always this way too… whenever someone criticizes Feller, Hairthere is just there! Just like that, within minutes he’s on it. It can be a Friday night after 10:30pm and Hairthere is just ready to pounce!

Anyway, I wasn’t trying to evade your questions at all. I’ll get to them in good time. Not everyone can spend as much time on the HTN as you, Hairthere, some of us have lives!

By the way, I noticed that you didn't answer any of my questions either...

But before I do answer your questions, again I’d like to point out that you have accused me of being “more interested in doing harm than good.” And “obviously you're not interested in hearing the other side; you have a clear agenda…”

All of this for simply having an opinion at odds with your dogma!

Your last statement troubles me most of all because isn’t that how you got rid of RobertHair and Corvettester, by accusing them of having an agenda? The fact that they wouldn’t toe the line of the HTN and spoke truth to power…

Looks like I’m next on the chopping block! Ouch!

Truth be told, I think it is clear that Hairthere has an agenda of promoting Dr. Feller at any expense. Otherwise, why would you so viscously attempt to silence anyone at odds with your worship of Feller? You are the single most prolific poster on the HTN and all your posts are uniformly and blindly oozing in praise of Feller.

Your posts are right on par with those of the Brett Bolton promos that I’ve been seeing on the HTN lately. Shills are rampant on the HTN, as we all know. Sometimes they come in the form of posters bashing docs from competing clinics, other times they came from overly zealous patients such as Hairthere seeking to protect their heavily discounted procedures given to them by their doctor of choice. Of course, I'm referring to you Hairthere and your public admission of receiving discounted procedures from Feller.

So don’t talk to me about having an agenda because your agenda is more see-through than your hair transplant.

Edited by galtsglutch

Again, I challenge anyone to disprove me... Let's do a little quality control on the HTN.

1. Which Coalition doctor has the most patient complaints in the past year or two? I believe that it is Feller. If I'm wrong, then who is it? Who has more complaints and less than optimal results than Feller on the HTN?

2. Which Coalition doctors have sued or threatened to sue former patients in the past two years? The only one I know of is Feller. Who else is there?

3. If all of Feller's detractors are liars and not credible, then why is it that no other Coalition doctors have similar issues in the past two years? Common sense on this one...

Edited by galtsglutch

gas, You are making Dr. Feller out to be someone who just sicks the legal hounds on someone if they post a bad result, yet you mentioned two unhappy patients who were not sued. Dr. Feller did not threaten litigation against these patients for posting bad results...

No I'm not. You're just taking my remarks out of context and exaggerating them.

Feller must do a couple hundred procedures each year... To my knowledge there have only been 4 or 5 in the past year that he has sued or threatened to sue (I listed each above), which is 4 or 5 more than any other Coalition doctor that I know of...

He didn't sick his "legal hounds" on Trooper or LondonHTSeeker. They're going back to him for touch ups / revisions / repairs or whatever you want to call it.

Hairthere, at no point have you refuted anything that I have said about Feller because I'm simply stating what is on record and my interpretation of it. You just attack my motives instead... I would like to hear your thoughts on the actual substance of what I have said.

How do you explain away all these complaints and liars as you call them?

Why does your precious Feller have so many more complaints than other Coalition doctors? I'd really like to know because the way I see it, where there is smoke, there must be fire.

Edited by galtsglutch

Now on to your questions…

“gasglutch, What about the countless happy, satisfied patients and amazing results Dr. Feller has produced? Do you mean to tell me other clinics don't have unhappy patients? How do you know other clinics don't have more? You do realize the HTN is just a sliver of HT patients in the world, yes?”

Huh? I made no claims as to Dr. Feller’s satisfied patients. I don’t even understand why you brought that up or what relevance you seem to think it has. Did you mention that he has had dissatisfied patients in your post praising him? Then why would you not apply the same standard to me? With all due respect, you must paly fair, Hairthere.

But for the record, I have no doubt that there are “countless” satisfied patients of Dr. Feller. But that doesn’t mean he gets my recommendation. I’m sure Armani, Larry Shaprio and Bret Bolton have countless satisfied patients as well…

The OP asked for our opinion and we owe it to him to give it to him. You cannot attack someone for disagreeing with you, Hairthere. I gave him my opinion on Dr. Feller which is my honest opinion. Yes, I have my reasons, which are just as valid as yours. I don’t see why I should be attacked for mine though…

I resent how you attack anyone who disagrees with your worship of Feller. You are the ultimate hypocrite for violating the mission statement of the HTN which is to provide an open forum for those considering hair transplants. You have no right nor sanction to decide who is right and wrong or who has an agenda.

So much for the recent thread you started denouncing all the hostility, visciousness and bad ettiquett on the HTN latelyhttp://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163164-forum-etiquette.html ... and to think that I was naive enough to defend you on that thread... Thanks for showing your true colors! It's not viscious when you do it, right Hairthere?

HYPOCRITE!

Now on to your questions…

“gasglutch, What about the countless happy, satisfied patients and amazing results Dr. Feller has produced? Do you mean to tell me other clinics don't have unhappy patients? How do you know other clinics don't have more? You do realize the HTN is just a sliver of HT patients in the world, yes?”

Huh? I made no claims as to Dr. Feller’s satisfied patients. I don’t even understand why you brought that up or what relevance you seem to think it has on my post. Did you mention that he has had dissatisfied patients in your post praising him? Then why would you not apply the same standard to me? With all due respect, you must play fair Hairthere.

But for the record, I have no doubt that there are “countless” satisfied patients of Dr. Feller. But that doesn’t mean he gets my recommendation. I’m sure Armani, Larry Shaprio and Bret Bolton have countless satisfied patients as well…

The OP asked for our opinion and we owe it to him to give it to him. You cannot attack someone for disagreeing with you, Hairthere. I gave him my opinion on Dr. Feller which is my honest opinion. Yes, I have my reasons, which are just as valid as yours. I don’t see why I should be attacked for mine though…

I resent how you attack and question the motives of anyone who doesn’t share your worship of Feller. Considering the recent thread you started in regard to “viciousness” and hostility on the HTN which can be found here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163164-forum-etiquette.html I can’t help but see you as the ultimate hypocrite. And to think that I even came to your defense on that thread only shows how naive I must have been.

Now here we are a month later and you’ve already forgotten your pretty sentiments. I write a perfectly valid post in response to an inquiry for advice, and you attack, insult and defame me. Thank you for showing your true colors.

I’m outta here!

Edited by galtsglutch

galtsglutch,

Sure, that should be the case... but not on a website funded by the doctors in question!
That fact that recommended physicians pay a sponsorship fee to this community is fully disclosed here. This simple fact has no bearing on the treatment of doctors or members of this community. In fact, when a conflict does arise between a patient and doctor, we hold both parties accountable for following our Terms of Service and work behind the scenes to help maintain open communication and find an acceptable resolution.

I don't know how long you've been around the HTN Oralhair, but watch what happens once someone criticizes a Coalition doctor... he'll find himself attacked from just about every corner from fans and supporters of the doctor who have had a good result. He is then socially isolated and put on trial to prove that he in fact had a poor result and that he didn't have unrealistic expectations...
For a member with approximately 60 posts, I find this statement a little odd. Orlhair1 has been a member for about a year and has almost 700 posts to his name. Thus, I think it's safe to assume that he is speaking as an educated member of this community.

Very few detractors of Coalition docs will find support on the HTN from the community or moderators. They typically go to other forums that are not sponsored by the docs.
Because all members are welcome to share their honest thoughts, opinions and experiences, we do not and never will censor any comments that meet the terms of service referenced above.

Patients that are happy with their doctors do, at times, become defensive when they feel that someone is unfairly criticizing them. That is the nature of online discussion forums. However, this community was founded on patient advocacy and transparency. That was Pat's original vision. He imparted that philosophy to Bill and Bill guides both Blake and me to maintain a fair and balanced venue for all. This includes doctors and patients.

This is not always an easy task and it requires judgement calls that are sometimes unpopular. It is our policy that anyone who goes public with a complaint against a doctor be willing to allow the clinic the opportunity to publicly respond and also that they provide some documentation to support their claims. In cases where a patient is unwilling to do so, we may refuse to host any further discussions on the topic.

If a patient effectively demonstrates that a doctor has acted negligently and is no longer performing to our recommendation standards, that doctor's recommendation is withdrawn. Long-time members know this to be a fact.

I believe that the majority of members know that we are here to help and support them.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website