Besides H&W and Rahal, do any other coalition docs guarantee results?

folliclehero

No it's part of the service. They're just a good honest clinic and they feel obliged to help me with my scar, they will also asses my growth and act accordingly with what it says on their website. If you pay for the best you get the best that's why I flew half way across the planet in the first place.

Hair transplantation is a mentally stressful experiance as we all know that's why you need to use someone confident enough to give guarantees and stand by it imo, the last thing you need is a clinic washing their hands of you as soon as they get paid that's why this is such a good topic....who gives guarantees and not only that but who stands by their guarantee I bet there's very few clinics.

I'm pretty sure Bill (the assistant publisher) said something about all the coalition doctors standing behind their work, and their patients...I don't remember exactly where I read that though. I just don't know if that's the same as a guarantee.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Bill (the assistant publisher) said something about all the coalition doctors standing behind their work, and their patients...I don't remember exactly where I read that though. I just don't know if that's the same as a guarantee.

Its not!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

On the subject of guarantees and consent forms, and the perception that a guarantee ought to make waivers unnecessary, I think it needs pointing out that there are 'informed consent' laws in many countries (the US and Canada have them) which make these sorts of forms unavoidable.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

On the subject of guarantees and consent forms, and the perception that a guarantee ought to make waivers unnecessary, I think it needs pointing out that there are 'informed consent' laws in many countries (the US and Canada have them) which make these sorts of forms unavoidable.

What exactly does that mean matt? Are you saying that a clinic can issue a guarantee but have to legally have a waiver signed by the patient because of country laws?

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

We have the same in the uk you have to give written consent with medical surgeries saying you're aware of the risks but generally it's risk to your health we don't sign forms to say if the surgery doesn't work tough luck. I don't know if any Ht surgeons make you sign a waiver like that for sure but I've heard people complaining on here about forms like that.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I was researching this "informed consent" and found a interesting article about this topic on the HTN.

This is what the article reads,

I am a business associate of ,,,,,,,,I want to contribute to this discussion, because I specifically researched this important topic for my business law course in the business school.

First of all, in the US no "legal right waiver" would protect a doctor from the legal recourse, if he/she will breach the standards of care and harm patient.

Secondly, in our clinic we do not require patient to sign a legal waiver waiver of any sort. We require patient to sign an informed consent, as it is established by the international standards of medical care.

Informed consent is a legal doctrine that has been developed by the courts over a number of years. The doctrine of informed consent may have been derived from the Nurenberg Code adapted by the United Nations after the WWII. This code required that doctors obtain the voluntary informed consent of the subject prior to conducting medical experimentation. International community established the Informed Consent to protect patients from being unwillingly used as a subject for medical experiments, as it was practiced in the Nazy and Communist concentration camps. The Informed Consent Doctrine requires that medical doctors provide a patient with all relevant information about a proposed procedure or treatment prior to obtaining the consent of the patient to carry out the procedure or treatment.

Four items of information that must be provided are:

• the nature of the procedure

• the risks

• the benefits

• the alternatives

Informed consent protects the patient by providing him/her with complete information on which to make an informed decision. Informed consent usually also protects the doctor from liability (with exceptions) provided that the procedure is properly executed according to the prevailing standard of care and without negligence.

It is important to understand that the informed consent is not a waiver of the doctor’s legal responsibilities and could not be interpreted as a permission to breach the duty and standard of care, create an unreasonable risk of harm and justify a careless behavior that may cause patient’s injury.

However, if any doctor is performing procedure (especially surgery) without documented patient's consent, s/he may found himself in violation of the international law, as it was established by the United Nations.

I see a guarantee is that all patients obtain some kind of adequate result. It doesn't have to be stellar or excellent just adequate. If the result is not adequate then the Dr. will make good on it.

What exactly does that mean matt? Are you saying that a clinic can issue a guarantee but have to legally have a waiver signed by the patient because of country laws?

Informed consent forms are a requirement. They have to be provided by the surgeon and signed by the patient, and contain information about all possible complications (even those that have never occured under the particular surgeon's care) as well as the potential for the surgery to be unsuccessful.

Some surgeons who are confident in their work might choose to make a guarantee like the ones mentioned in this thread, but that doesn't mean they can do without the legal documents.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Relax it's all good. Hw have got you trust me they have your best interests at heart that's the main thing. This thread should not be a negative it's a good thing that hw and rahal stand by their work. Who else is confident Like that?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Relax it's all good. Hw have got you trust me they have your best interests at heart that's the main thing. This thread should not be a negative it's a good thing that hw and rahal stand by their work. Who else is confident Like that?

Good question ? I wonder also how other Drs deal with things when they dont turn out well

ej

YOu guys are making me scared shitless with this post! Im scheduled in about a month with dr hasson, Even with his amazing skill and stand up reputation im scared like crazy! HElp! Somebody tell me if my ht fails, WHat will they do?

First of all, total failures are rare in general and even more rare with top clinics. If the results are not satisfactory, possible remedies are a free or discounted touch up or a partial refund. The main thing to do pre-op is to clarify with the doc what the expected result is so that you have something to compare to when assessing whether the results were achieved.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

First of all, total failures are rare in general and even more rare with top clinics. If the results are not satisfactory, possible remedies are a free or discounted touch up or a partial refund. The main thing to do pre-op is to clarify with the doc what the expected result is so that you have something to compare to when assessing whether the results were achieved.

Excellent advice !

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website