Besides H&W and Rahal, do any other coalition docs guarantee results?

folliclehero

I have not looked at every coalition doctors website but of the many I have looked at, Hasson & Wong and Rahal are the only ones that guarantee their results.

I have heard that most, if not all, of the recommended docs on this site stand behind their work. Is there a difference between standing behind your work and guaranteeing your results?

Somehow a guarantee sounds like the safer, more secure bet, which as previously posted, only seems to be offered by the aforementioned docs.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first I'm hearing that any clinic will guarantee results. What does that mean exactly? What do you get if you are not satisfied? Must both parties agree that the results are not up to par?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

This is the first I'm hearing that any clinic will guarantee results. What does that mean exactly? What do you get if you are not satisfied? Must both parties agree that the results are not up to par?

"For every hair restoration procedure performed at Rahal, we guarantee to replace any non-growing hair transplant graft free of charge. In our experience, such replacement is rarely necessary."

This quote can be found at the bottom of the Rahal homepage.

"We change lives every day, providing world-class hair transplants using proven, leading techniques. Best of all, our results are guaranteed!"

This is a quote found on the top of the H&W homepage, but the guarantee is not as clearly specified as the one on Rahal's homepage.

Either way, a guarantee is pretty sweet if you ask me. I wonder what kind of deals other coalition doctors give in the case that growth yield is poor.

As far as both people agreeing on the results being up to par, that is an excellent question. I'd love to know how that works.

I dont know where u get your information from that any clinic guarantee's results. Once u sign they waver u agree of the risks involved in surgery even if the doc doesnt even warn u of the risks involved prior to your surgery. So your information is very inaccurate.

U have to research on the clinics that stand behind their work and their word.

Research is key!!!!

Mp96 is correct, so any guarantee on their site is a marketing angle. I'm not saying they won't "stand behind their patient" as you noted. In fact, I believe both Rahal and H&W would do whatever they could to make a patient satisfied (with the exception of a full refund). But the waiver you sign prior to surgery will legally protect them.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I dont know where u get your information from that any clinic guarantee's results. Once u sign they waver u agree of the risks involved in surgery even if the doc doesnt even warn u of the risks involved prior to your surgery. So your information is very inaccurate.

U have to research on the clinics that stand behind their work and their word.

Research is key!!!!

I assumed that given their stellar reputation on these boards....the guarantee was legit. Not that they'd refund your money, but that they'd give you another session free of charge that would give you the results you agreed upon.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking that's what they meant, but what else would a guarantee mean? I find it hard to believe that if you asked them about the guarantee, that they'd come up with some bogus excuse that would allow them to avoid accountability in the case of a not so great job.

I assumed that given their stellar reputation on these boards....the guarantee was legit. Not that they'd refund your money, but that they'd give you another session free of charge that would give you the results you agreed upon.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking that's what they meant, but what else would a guarantee mean? I find it hard to believe that if you asked them about the guarantee, that they'd come up with some bogus excuse that would allow them to avoid accountability in the case of a not so great job.

It depends on the clinic if they will give u a free session if an agreement was made prior to your surgery. I wouldnt count on anything unless is was in writing. After u pay for your surgery, sign the waiver and have the surgery the ball falls totally in the clinics hands no matter what! Doesn't matter if u are satisfied or not or whatever the case is.

Its a very veryyyy risky surgery!!

It depends on the clinic if they will give u a free session if an agreement was made prior to your surgery. I wouldnt count on anything unless is was in writing. After u pay for your surgery, sign the waiver and have the surgery the ball falls totally in the clinics hands no matter what! Doesn't matter if u are satisfied or not or whatever the case is.

Its a very veryyyy risky surgery!!

I think you're right about it being very risky. I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I may end very disappointed.

Edited by folliclehero

This sounds like you are suggesting that most HT surgeries even with the top docks yield substandard or completely unacceptable results.

I don't agree with that.

Severn, I agree....in fact, if you go to the top clinics the chances of substandard or unacceptable results are very minimal. Also, all of the top clinics stand behind their work.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

"I wasnt saying that they dont stand behind their work. Just saying overall we all need to reasearch on all clinics that do to make a well informed decision."

MP, I was referring to folliclehero, not you.

follicle, The bottom line is no HT is a guarantee and clinics do not have to do anything for you if it fails thanks to the waiver you sign. However, most reputable clinics such as the ones you mentioned will attempt to do the right thing by either giving another free or reduced-price surgery. You also increase your odds of a successful HT significantly by going to such a clinic. It's one of the reasons I often urge patients to consult only with surgeons recommended by this forum. They are all pre-screened for you and it increases your odds of a good experience.

Thanks Hairthere.....

I actually went with a coalition doc, I did everything I could to make sure I made a safe bet, but I'm still worried.

I've seen a lot of people's photo journals on this site, and most people at 3.5 months are showing some signs of growth, I'm not. Once I hit the 4 month mark, I'll be really down if I see zero growth.

Folliclehero,

Your post sounded like u were just looking into about getting a hair transplant and not already a patient. I wish u the best in the recovery and good growth to u. I hope things turn out well.

Severn,

This sounds like you are suggesting that most HT surgeries even with the top docks yield substandard or completely unacceptable results.

I don't agree with that.

I wasnt suggesting that. All im saying is this surgery is very risky with all the variables at play. I agree there are good results no question, but there are bad ones as well which makes this surgery risky. ( plus patient after care ect...)

orlhair,

I do agree with your statement that the chances of a bad result are minimal, but the risk is still there. You mentioned that all top clinics stand by there work, can you please explain the definition of this. i think this definition would vary from one clinic to the next, but i am courious what this actually means.

Also, i would like to suggest that maybe we could have this definition pinned on the introduction of this site so it could be a guarantee to all new hair transplant patients having surgery with any of the top clinics!

Follicle

Like previously stated, 4 months is very early! Try not to get discouraged. Take very good pictures, the truth is even though you may not see anything in the mirror, the pictures may show you something completely different! Like new hair!! Good luck

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

orlhair,

I do agree with your statement that the chances of a bad result are minimal, but the risk is still there. You mentioned that all top clinics stand by there work, can you please explain the definition of this. i think this definition would vary from one clinic to the next, but i am courious what this actually means.

Also, i would like to suggest that maybe we could have this definition pinned on the introduction of this site so it could be a guarantee to all new hair transplant patients having surgery with any of the top clinics!

I agree with you. This is surgery and all surgery has risks. I would not expect any clinic to absolutely guarantee results for that reason. I think most top clinics will work with you if you have a realistic expectations and things don't turn out right. Whether that would be a discount or free follow up probably depends on a lot of factors. Basically, they stand behind their work and want you to be satisfied if you are reasonable. I don't think any clinic can or should offer a complete guarantee, but that is just my opinion.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Follicle

Like previously stated, 4 months is very early! Try not to get discouraged. Take very good pictures, the truth is even though you may not see anything in the mirror, the pictures may show you something completely different! Like new hair!! Good luck

Thank all you guys....the thing is, whether this surgery is successful or not, I thought it important to find out what a guarantee meant. Who knows if I'll need another operation, success or no success (due to possible future loss).

I've looked at a lot of journal entries and though most are successful, there are some guys who are pretty disappointed, and frankly, I see why.

I know and everybody else should know, before getting an operation, that you never know exactly what will happen with these things. It is very smart to get rid of all the variables that could negatively impact a best possible outcome for your situation. Finding a doc who "guarantees" your results sure sounds like a smart thing to do.

Anyway, I appreciate all the support, this is a great little community I stumbled onto. It would be much harder to get past the first 12 months without it.

Mp96 is correct, so any guarantee on their site is a marketing angle. I'm not saying they won't "stand behind their patient" as you noted. In fact, I believe both Rahal and H&W would do whatever they could to make a patient satisfied (with the exception of a full refund). But the waiver you sign prior to surgery will legally protect them.

I may be wrong, but I'm not sure I agree that it's a marketing angle. It would be pretty irresponsible to write "For every hair restoration procedure performed at Rahal, we guarantee to replace any non-growing hair transplant graft free of charge. In our experience, such replacement is rarely necessary," and then not follow up on that guarantee.

I doubt that is a marketing angle, and I'm sure they wouldn't write it on their web site home page if it wasn't something they'll do. The Rahal guarantee, for example, sounds as solid of a guarantee as you are likely to get for any medical procedure anywhere.

sugarhigh, I'm not saying they are lying about it, but make no mistake it is part of their marketing, especially if it's featured on their web site. There's no evil in marketing, especially if the product is excellent.

I've been negligent in keeping up my photo logs but will start soon. I will say at 7 months after my procedure I was getting concerned that the growth was less than expected. But at the one year mark I had seen a significant improvement. I've seen some results where they have appeared to reach full growth at 6 months but everyone is different. I wouldn't think anything at all at the 3 or 4 month mark.