Two failed FUTs, then FUE, then back to FUT for up and coming HT #4.... Why oh why???

jessie1

Jessie, I know Dr. Feller a long time now, and have had three surgeries with him (2 strip, 1 FUE). His reputation is as follows: top surgeon, very honest, straight-shooting, and pioneer of FUE. He is also very well known to discourage patients from FUE when it's not necessary. Most members, especially the veteran ones, know this.

Again, I think you should not worry about yield from another procedure as it looks like (and not just according to me) you had appropriate yield from your last FUE with Dr. Feller.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Jessie,

Who are you going to believe: Hairthere and Bonkerstonkers... or your lying eyes?

The simple fact of the matter is that you are not satisfied with your result. You are the one who has to live with it everyday. You're the only one who has seen it in person, for what it truly is, and I do not question your opinion or judgment.

In fact, I don't think anyone has the right to second guess you. I'd just love to see one of these self-proclaimed experts try to tell me what is what in regard to my HT!

It's unfortunate that you're still being attacked for posting your genuine thoughts and opinion on your experience and result. However, take heart in knowing that they are a lot of us cheering for you and hoping that your upcoming repair procedure gives you the result you want and deserve. Do keep us updated...

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Guys,

Due to the well documented history of Jessie's experience with Dr. Feller, I don't really feel like it's a necessary topic at this point in time. Frankly, I feel like this issue has been discussed extensively (both on the discussion forums and through various private messages) and isn't overly related to the topic at hand.

As it stands now, Jessie underwent a procedure with Dr. Feller and was not satisfied with the general outcome. However, this fact has been discussed, and frankly there is enough objective evidence in the form of pictures and testimonials for all parties to research and make an unbiased assessment of the situation.

Personally, I feel like discussing the past surgery will only detract from the topic of this thread and cause unnecessary controversy. Because of this, I am asking that we stay on topic and simply discuss Jessie's upcoming procedure and issues related to following up a follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure with a follicular unit transplantation (FUT) procedure. I don't want this thread to degenerate or require moderation, so let's stay on topic, wish Jessie the best, and keep our agreed upon terms of service in mind.

Finally, remember that the open and honest nature of our discussion forums means that all claims can be researched and "debunked" by other parties if they are found to be exaggerated, false, or malicious. While we don't allow for inappropriate arguing or insults, everything that is said on the discussion forums is up for debate and easily "fact checked."

Thanks guys.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

For the record, Stuart, a rep from another clinic with 25 years of experience feels the FUE yield looked good. I never once in my time on this forum have purported to be an expert. So again Jessie, in my humble opinion you shouldn't have any problems with growth from another procedure. Good luck.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

For the record, Stuart, a rep from another clinic with 25 years of experience feels the FUE yield looked good.

Oh, please.

I'm not going to comment on Jessie's situation because I don't know all the facts and don't have the time to wade through old posts to uncover the history, but holding up the statement of another clinic's PR man is risible in any event.

We all know the protocol on internet forums: PR men are not about to criticize another clinic's results. Hell, even prospective patients don't want to criticize results on internet forums. That's why you see so many mediocre results followed by so many "good job doc!" comments. No one wants to step on anyone's toes.

Frankly, I think that stinks. A critical audience is good. It helps separate the wheat from the chaff. It may ruffle some feathers, but it yields a more honest assessment.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

"PR men are not about to criticize another clinic's results."

Competing businesses don't go out of their way to praise one another's work. They generally want to lure the competition's business away. Stuart was not asked for his opinion, he offered it.

"Frankly, I think that stinks. A critical audience is good. It helps separate the wheat from the chaff. It may ruffle some feathers, but it yields a more honest assessment."

There's plenty of criticism to go around on this forum.

Cheers guys,

Let's stick to the topic and there's no reason for this thread to be closed.

We need to get off the subject of the result which nobody bar Spex and I know about. The thread is clear and always was; it's about what bearing my past history may have on HT #4.

Hairthere, I fully commend your apparent loyalty to Dr Feller and have total respect for that. Showing me just a little courtesy in return would be appreciated also. Simply trying not to make me out as being a liar would make for a more harmonious exchange.

Cheers for you support guys. Please let's stick to the topic at hand which Blake has summarised quite nicely.

Jessie

[quote=hairthere;2284637

Competing businesses don't go out of their way to praise one another's work. They generally want to lure the competition's business away.

I'd have to disagree with above quote. Mick from Farjo clinic and Orangehair from T&D praise other doctors' work on a regular basis, for instance. I too have done the same. There are actually many clinics we consider as friends and collegues, not competition. However, Shadow is right, I wouldn't critize other clinics' work as it's not my place.

Jesse,

Best wishes for your 4th procedure. I know you've been through some tough times. I hope you get the result you deserve.

Edited by Janna

Janna, you might want to read the entire thread's contents because you seem to have taken my comment completely out of context. My point was that other clinic's are not saying nice things just to avoid upsetting the apple cart as Shadow has implied Stuart did in this thread. I know that the clinic reps on this site are very good people who offer advice regardless of the patient's doctor.

Jessie, I will respectfully stop commenting on your thread.

Edited by hairthere

Jessie, in the end I think that everyone involved wants you to get a great result with your next procedure. I wish you nothing but the very best and hope that you achieve your goals.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Competing businesses don't go out of their way to praise one another's work. They generally want to lure the competition's business away.

In private, sure. But not on an open forum with known identities and direct repercussions. If you've been on an internet hair forum for five minutes--and most of us have been on several--it's fairly apparent that this is a kind of demilitarized zone as regards one clinic criticizing another. It's not going to happen.

Again, I don't know anything about Jessie's case. For all I know, he could be totally off the wall. All I'm saying is that a statement by another clinic's PR man shouldn't sway anyone's opinion one way or the other.

There's plenty of criticism to go around on this forum.

This forum is the best forum, and I've been on all of them. But you know as well as I that we have a lot of people praising results about which they wouldn't be nearly as sanguine if they were on, say, their own heads.

Jessie, you should have been an open and shut case. You have very limited loss. While Dr. Fellers procedure seemed to grow pretty decently, you do still have thin areas. Are you sure this isn't due to shock loss from weak hairs that didn't come back? All in all most people would die for your hair!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RC West,

Kind words mate, the result and my final appraisal of Feller Medical will put all these doubts to bed.

I'm humbled by the interest no matter where you stand on the result but let's not discuss it here please.

For those who have sent me private messages, I can not reply to them for some reason. Will try and get it squared away with the moderators.

Jessie

jessie this thread has run off course because you titled it....Two failed FUTs, then FUE, then back to FUT for up and coming HT #4.... Why oh why???

Because you mention failure everybody wants to know about it, it's a bit like when someone crashes on the motorway everybody slows down and tries to look at it to see what's happened.

I don't fully understand your title question why oh why? but when i read inside your thread i got the feeling you were wanting to know if anyone had gone from strip to fue then back to strip, so maybe if you titled it with that question in the questions section of this forum you would of got answers to your question without all this debate again if that's what you wanted.

I hope you don't think i'm being funny with you i'm just being real.

For the record seen as though we've got back on the Feller ht i personally couldn't say wether it was a failure or not from the pictures i found it a tough one to call but there seems to be a group of haters saying failure and supporters saying success so god knows it leaves me confused and you in the middle of a gang fight!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Jessie,

You come across very sincere and I certainly want only the best for you. But if you really didn't want to discuss the details of your previous FUE procedure with Dr. Feller, why are you posting about it? Also, you've provided the community with no detail of your previously failed FUT procedures and only singled out Dr. Feller in your posts. Why?

While it's your intention or not, providing the community with the details of your dissatisfaction and then asking them not to talk about it only provides people with more incentive to discuss it. It's like the forbidden fruit. Thus, since several comments were already made, I want to provide my input as well.

Details of any private conversations you've had with Dr. Feller and Spex aside, according to the photos of your results I've seen in another topic, I have to agree with the vast majority who feel that you've gotten stellar growth and that your expectations were probably too high. While I don't want to discount your feelings of dissatisfaction, frankly, no other physician could have given you a better result with the amount of grafts that you've gotten with Dr. Feller.

While I can't speak intelligently about any private conversations you may or may not have had with Spex and Dr. Feller, Dr. Feller claims that the consent form you signed at his clinic indicates that you've chosen to undergo FUE over FUT despite Dr. Feller's original recommendation of FUT. Yet, you claim Dr. Feller never provided you with this information. Assuming this information is indeed in the consent form, how can you say you weren't made aware of this?

Dr. Feller and Spex alike have been well documented on this forum explaining the benefits of FUT over FUE and why FUE is only recommended for a select group of patients. Thus, it would truly surprise me if Dr. Feller and/or Spex wouldn't at least ask you to consider FUT before undergoing FUE.

Tell me, is there something you'd still like Dr. Feller to do for you?

I truly do hope you can move on from the past and get results you are happy with. Thus, I wish you all the best in your upcoming procedure.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 year later...

Your a whiny baby. I saw your pics you have a full head of hair. Be grateful and grow up.

RC West,

Kind words mate, the result and my final appraisal of Feller Medical will put all these doubts to bed.

I'm humbled by the interest no matter where you stand on the result but let's not discuss it here please.

For those who have sent me private messages, I can not reply to them for some reason. Will try and get it squared away with the moderators.

Jessie