Hasson 5300 in diffuse thinner 7 months

Well what a weird month... i have been taking photos and checking every month since day 1 but i was gonna completely stop taking photos as i seriously can't handle the wait and i feel like putting my head through a wall now lol. I have been trying to ignore it as it appears i'm growing slowly but i decided to man up and take some photos and to my surprise this month has been my fastest growing month according to the photos so thats given me a long awaited boost. Thats the good news!

The bad news is my crown especially at the bottom where i had hardly any pre ht hair is still completely bald i can feel the odd ht stubbled hair in that bald area but not much, there are a few pimples in that area now so i'm praying it's gonna come eventually. Also the very front of my hairline was lowered by about 3 or 4 mm so is made up of ht hair only and is still struggling, there's a lot of grafts missing from there and i feel no stubble so gutted about that i really don't think anymore will grow there which leaves the most important front hairline looking sparse and pluggy but you never know fingers crossed. A few people have commeneted my hairloss at the front looks like a ht little do they know it is a ht and not hair loss lol.

With regards to the scar it looks almost certain now it's gonna be 3mm at its thinnest part and 5mm at the thickest but the trichoclosure hairs are starting to come through the scar sparsely which helps a bit. At the end of the day these things happen Hasson and Wong have said they will look into this at 12 months which is comforting. I would post pictures of the scar but i have tried before and failed as you can see at my 4 month pictures it's really hard to get a clear shot but at 12 months i'll get a hd camera.

Pictures on blog link below!!

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

For that type of hair loss if I were you, i would go to dr Wong. He is better imo for diffuse thinning. Hasson is amazing for Hairline. And sorry but i don't like your results :(

Edited by ffar

Bonker, I see a definite improvement from month 6 to 7. There is still more to come. These aren't finished results. Also, you are taking these pics outside which is pretty much worst case scenario - and your hair still looks good. I could use some different angles of your front before I really judge the hairline. The close ups are nice but I could use some context. It's so tough to wait it out man, I know. But I do think you are on the right track.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

It is hard to tell from the pics but it is a very thick hairline. I think with your type of loss that you should concede you crown and save the grafts. It the pics, your hair is also combed the least flattering way possible for crown consealment.

I think the next couple months will be big for you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Ffar no worries cheers for your thoughts but it's not a final result.

Aaron the hairline from above does look ok but it's the actual first cm back that's not growing for some reason the right side is kind of the same but the right side is slightly thicker as it still had some pre ht hairs that side and i don't think that side needed lowering at all. If you look at my bottom picture of my 7 months you will see at the far right side of the picture as you look at it the ht hairs are very close together and as you follow my hairline from right to left towards my nose they become very sparse so there's clearly some grafts missing i highly doubt Dr H would start close together then suddenly start leaving big gaps and i remember looking at my ht hairline the day after the op and thinking wow how the hell did he get all them grafts so close in the front and all so even it was like a masterpiece.

Spanker as i said to aaron it is thick from above it's just the first cm back but the ironic thing is i had 800 grafts put into the first cm back and it also was said to have approx another 800 pre ht natural hairs sparsely amongst them so it should be very dense really! With regards to combing the hair it's all combed forward from front to back to over lap and cover as much scalp as possible you can't brush your hair forward then start curling at the back it clashes and looks daft i know this because i've tried it looks best all brushed forward as it is. Trust me i've tried everything to cover as much scalp as possible i've been using styling tricks for the last 12 years.

With respect to just conceding the crown i still have faith they are notoriously slow growing, i just put in over 2000 grafts in the crown all though it hasn't started growing yet i'm sure it's got to come soon the lucky thing is most of the hairs you see in the crown are from my first ht of approx 800 grafts that recovered from the shockloss but the completely bald area at the bottom of the crown was not covered in my first ht as i run out of grafts and couldn't afford it hence the reason why i had this ht but it's still bald now i've been combing the back of my hair up like a modern day combover for the last 5 years to cover it but i can't do that anymore as i have to comb that down to cover the new scar.

To be fair all though time is gradually passing i still got another 5 months of growth and thickening in the front and they say give a extra 2 months for the crown so to sum things up i'm a lot more up beat this month than i was last month and if i carry on at this rate with new growth in the crown and front i should get decent result fingers crossed and if i don't i'll buy a really nice hat lmao.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

bonker, you have at least 5 months left man. I have seen a major change from month 7 to 8 and still feel a bunch of stubble.

ffar, Why do you think H would do a worse job than W with diffuse thinning? I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that from the countless results they post. Can you show us some? Regarding Bonker's results; you do understand that 7 months is still very early in the HT process, right? He will continue to grow more hair and the quality of the hair will change immensely.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Cheers hairthere what are your thoughts on the crown mate? It's bizarre how slow it's coming it seems a lot slower than my first Ht.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

From my experience the crown has always taken longer. Right now I have better coverage in my crown and I feel lots of stubble, but I do have to be a bit strategic with styling so it doesn't look like it's thinning. You had a very big session with one of the best HT docs in the world. Odds are you're going to have an awesome result. I can see the quality of your hair is a bit rough still and trust me that will improve and really help the overall quality and aesthetic result. What is your plan as far as cutting/styling goes? Do you have a specific style you want to try?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I'm a bit like you it curls when long but mine is quite frizzy so i'm gonna just go with the curl in a scruffy brushed back look as you'll know fighting against the curl is futile lol.

When you putting your pictures up mate i always look forward to seeing yours every month?

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Hey bonker, My hair has actually straightened with the Ht because my donor has always been straighter than my top. So I actually like the HT hair better. Will have the wife snap some pics this weekend and will post them on Monday. I think you'll see the difference between 7 and 8 months is immense....

It's possible you could be losing what existing hair you had in your crown. Your frontal third appears nice and thick. Funny thing people say the hair continues to mature and and thicken. I found this to be the opposite. As the hair has a chance to relax, It actually appears to be finer to me. At the 8 month mark, it felt really thick. I'm at the 14 month mark and it actually feels thinner to me.

Anouar my crown was completely bald before my first ht pal so there's only ht hairs in my crown and the bald patch at the bottom of my crown has been there since my first ht because i couldn't afford to get grafts all the way to the bottom of my crown. The bald patch at the bottom of the crown was one of the main reasons for me getting this ht with Dr H i was sick of always combing my hair up and over to cover it and worrying if it slipped down. The grafts that Dr H transplanted overlap into my thick non dht effectible hairs so i know there's no gap as my tricholigist can see the odd ht hair in the bald patch and the pits made by surgery.

Very intersting that yours seems finer i'm sure it's probably as thick but you'll be experiancing softer hair now.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Hairthere well listnen. I absolutly don’t mind about Hasson. I saw a lot of results from H&W and I noticet that Hasson is doing usually front of head and Wong a Crown\Thinning. Hasson is great but for now if i would decidet to go do surgry i would chose a Rahal for hairline and Wong for thinning\crown. All three of them are in my TOP 3. So i have nothing against dr Hasson.

Hairthere well listnen. I absolutly don’t mind about Hasson. I saw a lot of results from H&W and I noticet that Hasson is doing usually front of head and Wong a Crown\Thinning. Hasson is great but for now if i would decidet to go do surgry i would chose a Rahal for hairline and Wong for thinning\crown. All three of them are in my TOP 3. So i have nothing against dr Hasson.

I personally think Hasson, Rahal and Wong are the best in the business simply because they've got a huge back catalouge of quality transplants i'd let any of them do any part of my head. Other than them you've got Feller then i don't think i'd use anyone else but that's me.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I personally think Hasson, Rahal and Wong are the best in the business simply because they've got a huge back catalouge of quality transplants i'd let any of them do any part of my head. Other than them you've got Feller then i don't think i'd use anyone else but that's me.

Truth. But i think that Dr Feriduni is kind of underrate. Feller is fine.

I have a very very similar hair color to yours - dark brown that has faded a bit, with less grays than you, but still with quite a few.

Around month 10 (run this by your doctor) you should start using a non-permanent hair dye such as "Just for Men."

The dye makes your hair look twice as thick and much more healthy. It slightly dries out the hair for a few days, but using a conditioner this should not be a problem. The dye lasts 3-4 weeks or so, depending on how long you leave it in.

I cannot stress how much thicker it makes the hair appear.

Hey

I am a little over a month post op more than you with same doctor. You still have a good few months to go. You appear to analyse your result in great detail which can sometime make things worse than they are and i think a healthy way to ride this journey is to kind of just let it be and assess your result after the 1 year mark. There are many posts and one in particular from Spex that goes into detail regarding growth times etc which goes on to say lots of changes can happen between 9-16 months post op. Stay positive, from your pics it looks like its growing in just nicely.

Cheers uk and yes your right I analyse it in great detail at the end of every month other than that I don't look at it at all, so it's probably best if I miss a month and forget about it but things are just starting to get interesting now so it's not likely I will but I don't spend as much time looking at others pictures anymore as I find it frustrates.

I'm glad for you though mate it appears you grew quite fast.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Cheers uk and yes your right I analyse it in great detail at the end of every month other than that I don't look at it at all, so it's probably best if I miss a month and forget about it but things are just starting to get interesting now so it's not likely I will but I don't spend as much time looking at others pictures as I find that just frustrates you.

I'm glad for you though mate it appears you grew quite fast.

Hey

Thanks for response. Certain lighting can make your HT look bad as well. I used to through habit always leave the little light above my bathroom mirror on all the time and because it was right above the mirror and harsh lighting my Hair looked really thin and see thru, i actually had to ask jontronic to put this into perspective for me as i thought that was actually how it may look but he assured me harsh lighting is not complimentary to any hair especially that of an HT, so i no longer have that horrid light on in the bathroom simple really!!! Like everyone on here sometimes my hair looks fantastic and others it looks thin and not so great, but the most important thing is that it always looks a million times better than it did a year ago, so if you have any doubts think back to pre HT and that should give you a boost!! Your hair looks very thick and great shape of hairline for your forehead and over the coming months it will only look better.

Bonkerstoker,

UKPatient is right, leave it for a while. I got to 6-7 months and I was obsessing about my hair. It did me no favours, sometimes it looked like it was coming on and other times, failure. I got fed up with analysing the weaker areas. I tried to find a style to hide them and focused on the gym. I carried on taking photos but just left them on my camera.

Its natural to do what we do as it means so much to us.

Your progress is so similar to mine at this point and by the time I looked back at 9/10 months, I realised it had started to take off....I hope the same for you.

I believe Jo is coming to London in April so I'm gonna travel down that way and meet up...by which time, you should have a solid mop of hair!!!

Hair Restoration Journal -17 months (Nearly)

Thanks Johnny you've given me a lot of encouragement from very early on so i appreciate that. I Really wanted to keep a good documentation for every month but you're right it's too stressful i seriously don't think about it that much until the end of the month so it would be a much smoother ride to shelf it all for a few months. It must be quite common at 7 months because a lot of peoples blogs stop around there and just have the 12 month finish pictures at the end.

Just out of interest obviously your hair has gone into psycho thickness now but do you think it's the length that's giving you that extra boost? Or do you think it's actually matured a lot more so if you cut your hair short and spikey again would it appear a lot thicker than last time it was short and spikey?

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

• 1 year later...

Hasson and Wong are amazing I'm so glad I went with them they've changed my life also they're great people outside of " business " they're extremely genuine and care about their patients. Take a look at my blog below it shows my progress I'm nearly 2 years on from this thread now!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1