Four Month Update

orlhair1

I have added 10 photos in a new album on my site below with my four month update with a fresh haircut today. Very happy with my progress. I have quite a bit of growth that is in and growing and can feel a lot more coming out. It seems like it is getting thicker and more visible every day. The hairline is developing well and the top is getting thicker. I would also note that my native hair is substantially healthier having been on Fin now for seven months. I have pasted a few of the pics below in the post. To see all of them click on the link below.

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Looks great!!! Do you have any pics of the scar area?

Looking great. Do you remember how long it took for the shaved hair along the donor area to grow back? I can feel tiny little cut hairs back there, but anxious for them to grow back in to cover the scar area better. Also wonder if there wasn't some shockloss around the scar, but assuming that will come back in due time.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Looking great. Do you remember how long it took for the shaved hair along the donor area to grow back? I can feel tiny little cut hairs back there, but anxious for them to grow back in to cover the scar area better. Also wonder if there wasn't some shockloss around the scar, but assuming that will come back in due time.

Thanks. The shaved hair started growing pretty quickly. I would say in about a month it was about a 1/4 inch long at least. Also, about that same time I had some tiny hairs growing through the scar. So you should have everything coming along. I found that although my native hair started growing back noticeably within a month, overall my hair looked thinner on top until about the 6 week mark and then things started really improving week by week. So if you are feeling little hairs back there now, you should see a lot of improvement over the next 2 to 4 weeks as that hair gets longer and healthier.

Thanks orlhair, that's good to hear. One of my biggest worries about getting another surgery was the degree of shockloss and whether there would be a net gain. Transplant doctors always tell you, "you might shed hair you were going to lose anyway"... but that might refer to hair that might've taken another year or two to shed. Whereas with surgery, it sheds immediately and might not come back. I guess like anyone, I'm hoping to end up with more than before the surgery, not the same amount (or less).

My Hairloss Blog »

Looking good orlhair. The best thing is that this is just the beginning!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I know you were really concerned with the donor scar prior to your procedure. So much so that you considered FUE instead. It's great to see that you can sport a real short hair cut after strip surgery.

Thanks for the update. Very happy for you that you're progressing along so nicely. As Aaron say, this is just the beginning. The fun part starts now.

Looking great for 4 months. Everything seems to be going very smooth. I can't even see the scar. Both the front and crown are looking great. It's only going to get better and better in the months ahead. Thanks for sharing.

That looks really really good!!! Wow. You have the precet color hair/ skin for an HT.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for all of your responses and comments! I did get the hair cut pretty short on the sides and back. It was a scissor cut and the length is less than 1/4 inch and you can't see the scar at all. I really have a hard time even finding it. I did not have an expectation that I would be able to cut my hair quite that short on the sides. I am keeping it short on the sides and back while growing it out on top now for more styling options. As Janna noted, I was quite concerned about the scar issue before surgery, but now it is just a non issue for me. Looking forward to the coming months.....I will post new photos on a monthly basis.

That's a relief to hear about the scar. Just wondering how it looked the first few weeks. Right now the back of my hair is probably 3/4" but if I move my hand through it, the scar is very evident, both because it's fresh and because the hair around it was shaved, and on top of that, there might be minor shockloss. Did you experience this the first few weeks?

My Hairloss Blog »

The scar healed up pretty fast. It was red for a while, but by 5 weeks was looking really good. Take a look at my five week photo album, which was my first short haircut after surgery.