Dr Ron Shapiro, Dr Panine, Dr Feriduni, Dr Feller

keithh

This is a great Form and saved me from having surgery with a second rate clinic. Thanks

I’ve been doing a lot of research over the last 6 months and plan on getting FUT early next year. Want to make sure meds are working before I jump in.

Im 28, NW 4A and realise that there is a chance I may get worse in the Future, so im realistic and don’t think it’s a good idea to go for a lower hairline. I’ve ruled out a lot of top surgeons as I think they are very aggressive with this. I’d be very happy to go conservative.

I have narrowed my search down to the Docs below and would be grateful if I could get opinions,

Dr Ron Shapiro, Top surgeon and currently my top choice. Matt has helped me a lot

Dr Panine, I’ve seen a lot of excellent work from him and I’m surprised that he is not talked about more on forms. Stuart has helped me a lot. Top Man

Dr Feriduni, Close to home and a top surgeon.

Dr Feller. Top surgeon. Spex has been great

I think Ill be in great hands no matter who I choose.

If your in the camp of the conservative, I would go with Shapiro. He is overall the best doc in your list IMO. He has great hairlines, can do amazing things with few grafts, and very consistent results. Plus from what I hear a top notch clinic/patient care.

Good luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Yes, I agree....

From the chosen Docs, I would say that Dr. Shapiro is the BEST choice from the ones mentioned. Feller comes 2nd, Feriduni comes 3rd and last is Panine.

In FUT, Dr. Rahal and Dr. Shapiro are the BEST. When I say Shapiro, I meant Ron and not Paul.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

I'd be grateful if I can get feedback on the other Docs too. Dr Panine in particular. IMO he is very talented at creating hairlines and like Dr Shapiro can do amazing things with few Grafts.

Orlhair, I’ve been following your case with great interest and was wondering how your scar is healing after the use of Acell wound strips in the closure?

Hariri, how would your rate Dr Rahal’s conservative Hairlines?

Thanks Again,

Keith

"Orlhair, I’ve been following your case with great interest and was wondering how your scar is healing after the use of Acell wound strips in the closure?"

Keithh,

Dr. Shapiro used Acell strips in the donor site as well as Acell for the grafts. On both fronts everything healed very quickly. At five weeks post op, the scar was really well healed and I could cut my hair pretty short. At two months, the scar was difficult to find at all. I had no shock loss on the donor site and the hair around the donor grew back quickly. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I've been impressed with just about every case shown by Dr. Panine. IMO he is better than some of the Coalition docs. He gets good patient reviews too.

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

It's a tough choice. They are all good doctors. Did they each quote the same number of grafts for your procedure? Are you looking at price to make a choice? Or Location? You are right, you'll be in great hands whoever you choose.

Thanks RC & Sean

Panine, Feller and Shapiro all suggested 2500- 3000 grafts and Feriduni 3000-3500.

I want to feel 100% confident that the doc I choose is going to provide me with the best possible results. I would only consider making a decision on Price and Location if they were the last things separating two docs.

As someone once said: "You never remember the price of a good job and you never forget the price of a bad one".

I’m gona make a decision in November. Ill have a better idea then if the meds are working. I’m nearly four months on them and the early signs are good. I have attached before and after photos both with 3 weeks growth. Can you please let me know what u guys think?

Also, I’ve added Dr Rahal to my List.

5b32cf3bd775c_back3wb4meds.jpg.fe533e67ff3d07875ede968eaceb3670.jpg

5b32cf3be8705_back15_083w.jpg.3be00bbadbda05aa37624befb05a21a8.jpg

5b32cf3c044cd_crown15_083w.jpg.7c50fcdf52033eaaa7407f9defdab975.jpg

5b32cf3c14cd9_top3wb4meds.jpg.537fcfd006701d0feada9bb2b4bc342f.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg.5d49b5efaf636f8f0a0585a10f803e84.jpg

I had my HT done in June 2010 (3828) by Dr Feriduni and he is the BEST. I am really happy with the result and it has improved my life in so many ways. I am living in the States and I will travel this year back to Belgium for my second HT with Dr Feriduni.

DSC_3627.JPG.8f9433bbcf6ac86384272c4b54c55584.JPG

DSC_4139.JPG.30bce7c3329304c52885fc1bf4da4562.JPG

DSC_3632.JPG.8ed3bb4e10b80aa9416c3e5e806b006f.JPG

DSC_4144.JPG.d6cc9fb3e2fb3ebd23685c2836d10cbc.JPG

DSC_3633.JPG.7993d68d9dd4bf2e56339102e2253a65.JPG

DSC_4147.JPG.3ec34991f803efb8747165f77ba15b9b.JPG

DSC_3631.JPG.3b906b71170dea6033c7315b3b77b37e.JPG

Edited by rebelvegas

I’m gona make a decision in November. Ill have a better idea then if the meds are working. I’m nearly four months on them and the early signs are good. I have attached before and after photos both with 3 weeks growth. Can you please let me know what u guys think?

Also, I’ve added Dr Rahal to my List.

Are you on anything? Like Rogaine or Finasteride? Your crown looks pretty decent. If anything, the hairloss seems to be in the frontal region, temporal. Looks more like a Norwood 3A, not sure. I would focus on restablishing the hairline, temporal work. How do you plan on styling your hair? Considering you are around 30, i'd think you'd want a less conservative hair line and more with density up front? What's the pattern in your family like? That may also make a difference on how much you want to use now or how far you want to take the hairline, but I think with the crown you are lucky. Getting a crown touched up takes a lot of grafts.

I definitely think you are getting some results from the meds. I agree with Sean that you may not want do do anything in the crown right now and just focus on the front area. You have to do long term planning because you are young and may continue to have hair liss down the road. The clinics will discuss this with you during your consults. You just want to be sure you have sufficient donor available for down the road if you need it.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Thanks Guys,

Rebelvegas your result looks great. Well done. IMO Dr. Feriduni is one of the best.

Sean, Im on ? Proscar daily and using Rogaine twice daily for nearly 4 months.

I honestly don’t know what way I would like to style my hair. It has been a while sine iv had a hairline. My GF is a hairdresser so I think it might be her decision. J I don’t mind going conservative just incase the crown needs work in the future.

My Dad is a NW6 and his brothers are 5 – 6. My uncles on my Mam’s side are bald too, but I don’t know what level. Don’t really see them that much and when I do, they always have a hat on.

Iv attached a photo of the area SMG would like to cover using 3000 grafts. Photo is before using meds.

smg.jpg.c426695398d2d8664a639a29efd86bef.jpg

IMO, you are a great candidate for a HT. Your crown looks stable and with the meds you should be set. 3K grafts in that area would do a lot of good. Of course, I'm partial to SMG but you are looking at all the right places. G'luck!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Iv attached a photo of the area SMG would like to cover using 3000 grafts. Photo is before using meds.

Try Rogaine foam from hairline to crown ( you have to use more than they reccomend to cover this entire area) but I have had growth at the hairline from foam and Propecia. I would give the drugs at least one year to work.

When Ron does surgery he gives you an estimate of grafts and leaves the scar open at one end so he can extend it if he needs more grafts Depending on where you put the hairline I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with closer to 3500 grafts.

Ron is the best and Matt and Jana ( the tech you should ask for) are great, you are in great hands with SMG.

I had my HT with SMG and it was one of the easiest things in the world-- it was no worse than getting a root canal.

The procedure, the first class treatment by Janna and the staff, the advice given by Matt, the expertise and skill of Dr. Ron-- you just can't get go any better, IMHO.

And of course the results. I'm 5 months out now and couldn't be happier with results. Further, I still have a lot of growing to do, so those results will only get better :)

Put it this way-- if you've ever looked in to having a HT procedure done, you've heard the sound advice: Do you research. Get educated. Learn enough so you understand the pro's and con's of the procedure, the risks, the benefits, and generally become knowledgeable enough to ask the right questions. Make an informed decision.

The above is all solid, sound advice and should be taken to heart by every perspective HT patient.

But here's the thing: even if you knew next to nothing about hair transplants and did no research, if you just walked in off the street to SMG and said "Ok, I'd like a HT" I'd think you'd be happy with your results. Certainly you'd be in the best possible hands and more than likely be thrilled with the results.

Now obviously that's an extreme hypothetical scenario that would never happen, but you get the idea. SMG is that good.

Dr. Ron is a very skilled surgeon whose expertise and sense of aesthetics is unmatched. More than that, he is a man who cares about his patients and their well being. He goes that extra step.

How do I know this? well, because I'm his patient. I know first hand how he and his staff do things.

I can't speak to the other Dr's or clinics on your list, but SMG is at the top of the list by almost any measure. With all the variables in a HT, you can't eliminate all risks. That standard is just not reachable. However, you can minimize it. SMG does that on a daily basis. And has done it thousands of times.

Good luck with your search and future procedure.

Hal

Keithh,

I had a procedure by Dr. Panine back in September 2010 and my overall experience with Dr. Panine and his staff was excellent. It has almost been one year since my surgery and everything has filled in nicely. I would have to say his procedures are as good as all the other doctors that you are considering. If you elect to go with Dr. Panine I am sure you will be extremely happy with your results.

Thanks Guys

Profoam, Iv been using Rogaine all over my head. It seems to be working. I wont be getting a HT until im 100% sure the meds are working.

Hal, Thanks for sharing your experience with SMG and for the advice. Good luck with your final result. Im sure it will turn out great.

Viper, Iv been following your case and you have had an amazing result. You must be delighted.

Iv attached more photos with five weeks growth. Let me know what u guys think

IMG_0526.jpg.14586f2bb87d0dbedde9f533e25ae6ab.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg.789d3fe3598e886e46c2fcd74313295d.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg.25fcb3d101f0b091c4566515c1f1b054.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg.b55200c1bf3b75c66934d793c7ea86a2.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg.979dd382a7c65147daf7748c5411ee4a.jpg