Attention gho is legit

I thought it was a clever post

HST has actually been around for 10 or so years and isn't in early development... here is a quick timeline.. and can be found on the HASCI website under "science"... you can read the evolution of his procedure via journal articles

Gho creates FM in the early 2000s... this offers 20-70% regrowth

Gho gets into some trouble sells the GHO clinic trademark to another company...there are banks suing him for patents and al kinds of wild stuff...... this is some time before 2005 sometime

in 2005 Gho is talking about HST which offers 30-80%

2007-08... Gho has more confident in his regrowth rate boasting 80% averages.. however he only offers 600 grafts a session (which makes it easier for him to hit the 80% mark because of less swelling then larger graft sessions)

2010.. gho is offering HST very publicly... with a max graft count of 1900 per session

2011... gho ups his max sessions to 2300

so, yes, the procedure is constantly improving but I wouldn't say its in very early stages

anyway, in my opinion, I could never tell somebody with a straight face that they should get a strip surgery within the next year when Gho will be expanding in 12-16 months and has appointments available in april 2012

HOWEVER if you are a nw2 and plan to be an nw2-3 when you're 70 years old than you may want to opt for a strip surgery... however keep in mind that you will be hurting for 3-4 weeks because they cut a massive length of skin out of the back of your scalp.. where as HST the wounds HEAL WITHIN TWO DAYS!

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT... he has a trademarked cell based injection that seems to be closer to release THAN HISTOGEN, ADERANS, or any other "future cure" promisers

Edited by FinHairLoss

» Could you provide a link or post the text where it mentions this cell based

» injectible Gho is working o? Sounds like he is entering the injectibles

» race too.

Home | Hair Science Institute

go to navigation bar on the left

click hairstemcell transplantation tab

go to the sub navigation bar (the principle, donor area, etc.)

click hair stemcell injection (the last option on the sub navigation bar)

"HAIR STEM CELL INJECTION

The Hair Stem Cell Transplant is the result of continuous research by HSI. One of the next steps will be Hair Stem Cell Injection (HaarStamcel Injectie®), not a new transplant method but a quantum leap forward with HST. This injection method has achieved very satisfactory results in practice. Thanks in part to the quality of the results, this method can be expected to be officially launched in the near future.

THE DIFFERENCE

Up to the removal of the hair stem cells to be transplanted, the technique is the same as HST. The major difference lies in the method of implantation. With HST, the stem cells are "planted" in tiny holes made in the restoration area with a needle. The holes fill with a droplet of blood, which ultimately leads to sealing and healing of the wound. With Hair Stem Cell Injection, the stem cells are injected directly into the skin without prepared holes. This means the following advantages:

Higher density: now the hair stem cells can be implanted even more closely together. With HST, the implantation spacing is 0.2-0.3 mm, while with injection the spacing is 0.1 mm.

Faster healing: with HST, healing was already fast (1 to 2 days); with the injection method, there is essentially no recovery time in the restoration area because there are no wounds.

Even greater precision: Thanks to the refinement of the injection method, the precision of the method is unsurpassed.

Ideal for burn wounds: scar tissue from burn wounds has poor blood circulation. But the injection method does not require blood for healing, simply because there are essentially no wounds to require healin"

I believe a lot of Gho's research is what sparked aderans and others to get into the "injection race" in the early 2000s... I dont have a source for this last statement but Iron Man may know where to find it

2. HST recovery at 1 to 2 days... whats the average time for strip "recovery"?

3. I believe if we all start to email our surgeons of choice and ask them if they offer HST that we will see HST be adopted much faster than the usual transition time for things like this.... if you want to see what I mean by usual transition time do some research on how long it took for FUE to be adopted from the "gold standard"

i mean this legit makes me want to throw up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu7WTU8Aq9U&feature=player_embedded#at=40

from hair science's website...........

Growing number of apologies and rectification statements by doctors/clinics

6 February 2010 SCHLIESSEN

A growing number of doctors and clinics are coming to the conclusion that:

Their allegations in regard to Hair Stem cell Transplantation® and HSI are unfounded;

The document with the allegations on which their signatures have been placed and which has been publicised is not the document that they signed.

In the pdf files you will find:

Dr. I. Boersma / Albert Schweitzer Hospital

Dr. E. Verdonschot / Intermedica

Dr. B. Feriduni / Aesthetic Clinics

VIEW RECTIFICATION STATEMENT DR I. BOERSMA >>

VIEW RECTIFICATION STATEMENT DR E. VERDONSCHOT >>

VIEW RECTIFICATION STATEMENT DR B. FERIDUNI >>

Edited by FinHairLoss

• 2 weeks later...

I found this thread by luck but I've known about Dr.Gho since last March when I suspected Wesley Sneijder had something done to his hair in Inter match. Then I mailed with the clinic many times and let me share you my thoughts.

Yes, this is legit. Yes this is I believe huge news. The represantative i talked stated many times that you can keep your hair at lowest clipper. No scarring in donor and recipent area, is what they say and they claim they have a regrowth rate of 80-90 %. But I have to agree with future_ht_doc that they are not at golden standarts.

First of all , the results I see in their gallery (besides Sneijder) are lack of artisty. I have seen many more better results with much more higher nw levels. Other thing which concerns me most is the question I asked to the clinic which they did not give specific answer.

I asked (exacty) "Dr.Gho claims that donor is regenerated up to %80-90 percent so this gives nearly infinite donor to work with. Are there any examples that your clinic done to nw6-7 patients over 8k grafts? " .For me this is the most important aspect of this procedure and first they told me Gho is out of town and they'll ask when he is availible.Then 2 weeks later I send the same mail and they told me to read the pdf files in their website.

So again, this Dr.Gho could be a life changer, especially for me since the only thing that avoids me to get a ht is the scar because I dont want to throw the opportunity to shave my head. But , I don't see their results are that good and there is no big major cases.

Guest mariewoltz25411697

I think his results are genuine and it is worth exploring his method further by other doctors. I went through some of his journal publications and there you could clearly see the donor preservation working. Besides these are peer reviewed and if the reviewers hadn't agreed, it wouldn't have been published.This method is a great news for high Norwood levels like myself.

dad01225-0ceb-4a30-90c4-771ed900f25aHSI - Artikel_Gho Neumann.pdf

I think his results are genuine and it is worth exploring his method further by other doctors. I went through some of his journal publications and there you could clearly see the donor preservation working. Besides these are peer reviewed and if the reviewers hadn't agreed, it wouldn't have been published.This method is a great news for high Norwood levels like myself.

Marie,

I believe this is the same article I discussed early with Fin. The problem, in my opinion, is that it focuses on re-growth rates in the donor region, but truthfully (unless I missed something) doesn't investigate yield rates of the implanted grafts.

Frankly, if the Gho procedure uses a similar "plucking" method, I don't find it surprising that there would be a very high re-growth rate in the donor region. However, I don't see this as nearly important as growth rates of the duplicated follicles in the implanted region.

As others are saying, it does not seem like the yields for this type of procedure are near the levels of modern FUE/FUT procedures, and I just don't think predicted re-growth in the donor region makes up for this factor.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Guest mariewoltz25411697

If you read the abstract it says 90-100% of the transplanted hair grows having same characteristics as the native hair.

Of course the yield rate may not be as high the usual FUT,FUE procedures. But the precious donor hair is not lost completely. I would be happy if the yield of transplanted hair and the donor hair regrowth both at 75%.

If you do math, starting with 1000grafts using 3 procedures, you can have 1733 survived translated grafts and there would be 421 grafts left in the donor area. On the other hand with the usual procedures, you would loose the 1000 grafts in the donor area and you may have about 950 survived grafts. If you compare the two, the transplanted hair is doubled and the donor is depleted about by half.

However the big question is whether at least 75% yield and donor preservation is achievable? The papers says both these numbers are above 90%. Like any other new research, it has to be verified by multiple others before it can be accepted as mainstream.

Edited by mariewoltz25411697

If you read the abstract it says 90-100% of the transplanted hair grows having same characteristics as the native hair.

Of course the yield rate may not be as high the usual FUT,FUE procedures. But the precious donor hair is not lost completely. I would be happy if the yield of transplanted hair and the donor hair regrowth both at 75%.

If you do math, starting with 1000grafts using 3 procedures, you can have 1733 grafts for transplanting and at the end there would be 421 grafts left. On the other hand with the usual procedures, you would loose all the 1000 grafts in the donor area and you may have about 950 survived grafts. If you compare the two, the transplanted hair is doubled and the donor is depleted only about half.

However the big question is whether at least 75% yield and donor preservation is achievable? The papers says both these numbers are above 90%. Like any other new research, it has to be verified by multiple others before it can be accepted as mainstream.

I do believe this is the same article, but I was reviewing/discussing a different portion of it last time (I need to check again, because the paper I previously reviewed was very vague with regard to implanted yield in the "conclusions/results" section). Like you said, a 95% yield in the implanted region is impressive, but I'm simply not sure if I see this in the "after" photographs, nor (like you said again) has it been verified by other studies (to my knowledge).

Again, I have nothing but hope and anticipation for these new hair duplication techniques. Since hearing Dr. Cooley's ACell/Matristem presentation last year, I've truly felt that this type of hair restoration represented a very important new step and should be researched heavily.

However, at this point in time, I simply have not seen enough evidence to accept claims that these types of procedures offer the same results as modern FUT/FUE procedures (nor do I think you're really arguing this point, but it was the basis of the initial posting).

Additionally, I do welcome all debate and objective information regarding the Gho procedure.

Thanks for the updates!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My first post in these forums. I've been looking into Gho for a while now and decided to book in for a consultation which is in about 2 weeks time.

I currently use a hair replacement system and regular hair transplants will not be able to give the coverage I need because of the donor, (I have scarring alopecia, since I was a kid on the middle of my scalp - 4 inch diameter, the bald patch hasn't developed at all for the last 15 years) so all this I've been reading about the donor area giving regrowth is music to my ears.

I emailed Hasci again after getting confirmation of my consultation. I decided to send over some photos and explain my situation more clearly, making sure that I was indeed a possible candidate, I didn't want to waste my own time and get my hopes up. They emailed back saying Gho has seen the photos and he advised that they do the Hair Stemcell Injection.

Can anyway explain that in more detail? I this any different to the hair plucking or the same thing?

Thanks

GC,

I've heard of injectable "stem cell" treatments, but not at this particular clinic. However, I do hope you'll share your experience with the community, as many of our members are very curious to hear more about the clinic and procedures offered. Good luck!

Thanks for replying so quick.

I was expecting you to say it was going to be the plucking technique, so this came as a surprise. I have since checked the hasci website and to quote them:

HAIR STEM CELL INJECTION

The Hair Stem Cell Transplant is the result of continuous research by HSI. One of the next steps will be Hair Stem Cell Injection (HaarStamcel Injectie®), not a new transplant method but a quantum leap forward with HST. This injection method has achieved very satisfactory results in practice. Thanks in part to the quality of the results, this method can be expected to be officially launched in the near future.

THE DIFFERENCE

Up to the removal of the hair stem cells to be transplanted, the technique is the same as HST. The major difference lies in the method of implantation. With HST, the stem cells are "planted" in tiny holes made in the restoration area with a needle. The holes fill with a droplet of blood, which ultimately leads to sealing and healing of the wound. With Hair Stem Cell Injection, the stem cells are injected directly into the skin without prepared holes. This means the following advantages:

Higher density: now the hair stem cells can be implanted even more closely together. With HST, the implantation spacing is 0.2-0.3 mm, while with injection the spacing is 0.1 mm.

Faster healing: with HST, healing was already fast (1 to 2 days); with the injection method, there is essentially no recovery time in the restoration area because there are no wounds.

Even greater precision: Thanks to the refinement of the injection method, the precision of the method is unsurpassed.

Ideal for burn wounds: scar tissue from burn wounds has poor blood circulation. But the injection method does not require blood for healing, simply because there are essentially no wounds to require healing.

I have also read elsewhere perhaps another thread or forum, that they are only offering this type of 'treatment' for burn victims and alike. I can only assume this is because they are more desperate or perhaps they believe the other method of plucking and implanting wouldn't be as effective with non MPB patients.

All speculation, but of course I will keep you updated.

GC,

At the risk of sounding like I don't support these new treatments (because I think they are exciting and support all new progress), I must say that "stem cell injections" are very new and mostly theoretical at this point. A few biotech companies are working on injectable solutions and running clinical trials, but I don't believe any of these groups actually offer treatments at this time.

Does the clinic have any data or objective photographs demonstrating the merit of these injections? I know the evidence behind the hair duplication technique has been discussed, but this is the first time I've heard the injections mentioned.

At this point in time, I would definitely consider a consultation, but I also recommend scheduling another appointment with a trusted hair restoration surgeon and discussing these options (and more traditional methods of hair restoration) with the physician.

Good luck!

Very interesting topic. I think what Gho is doing is interesting and perhaps even essential to progressing our treatment options for hairloss - whatever the results of his work may be in the long term. But, as always, patience and pragmatism are they key. Gho has not necessarily found the 'cure' and his procedure is still not thoroughly tested and proven.

We're all excited about procedures like those Gho is claiming to use, but despite all the links to documents and reports and commentary, the only proof of a procedure's success is consistently good results and lots of them. There is no conspiracy as to why this sort of thing isn't yet mainstream - the boring truth is that it's just not verified as being consistently and reliably successful. It would all be our dream if something like Gho's technique does work and is reliable, but we won't know that for some time yet.

There is no conspiracy when it comes to hairloss - the best and most cost-effective procedures will eventually become the gold standard. If Gho's procedure was watertight and extensively proven and understood, everybody would be very keen to get using it. But caution is key - proving something works beyond doubt takes time, patience and a degree of risk - and that is the time we're living in.

So I think it's great that interest in Gho rising and we'll hopefully learn a lot more about his procedure and, importantly, the results they yield in the long term. But don't be too hasty to believe someone has found the answer to unlimited donor - it's a mouthwatering proposition, but you'll be caught short if you believe it too blindly.

Agree.....I hope he is successful, but this is experimental and not yet a proven successful method. Others have done work on this and the results at this point are not great......doesn't mean they won't be in the future like we all hope it will be. People looking at this today can get completely false hope, so I sure hope they do their research before jumping into something like this. That is especially true when the proven methods of FUT and FUE can produce amazing results.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

GC,

At the risk of sounding like I don't support these new treatments (because I think they are exciting and support all new progress), I must say that "stem cell injections" are very new and mostly theoretical at this point. A few biotech companies are working on injectable solutions and running clinical trials, but I don't believe any of these groups actually offer treatments at this time.

Does the clinic have any data or objective photographs demonstrating the merit of these injections? I know the evidence behind the hair duplication technique has been discussed, but this is the first time I've heard the injections mentioned.

At this point in time, I would definitely consider a consultation, but I also recommend scheduling another appointment with a trusted hair restoration surgeon and discussing these options (and more traditional methods of hair restoration) with the physician.

Good luck!

hey, Gho is already offering an injection however only to burn victims. I assume because its easier to test new things on desperate cases... somewhat similar to how heart medications go through the FDA faster than more cosmetically oriented medications....

anyway... I dont believe that gho's injection has anything to do with multiplying/culturing new stem cells.... I think that the procedure is EXACTLY the same as HST except for the implantation of the follices into the recipient area. so gho extracts say 1500 follicles and "scrapes" the stem cells off of them and than uses a needle to inject them rather than punch holes and implant entire fleshy follicle grafts... i dont think he makes anymore stemcells than are extracted... although depending on how the injections are allocated and how many stemcells per injection he does you may be able to end up with more follicles after than were extracted... however in general I dont think he is culturing new stemcells its just a less invasive way to plant in the recipient... still exciting

well if 90-100% grew same characteristics doesn't that mean he had a yeild of 90-100% or does "transplanted hairs" only include hairs that didn't die during transplantation? I would assume the figure speaks for yield... I heard gho's chemical he uses to keep the follicles in better shape does a lot better than the salene the is a industry standard

The sneijder photos look very good.

I'm booked in to see gho on monday, it now turns out he has a cancellation and can fit me in for a procedure this monday coming. It's all come about very quickly.

As I've said earlier, I have scarring alopecia therefore he wants to do the injection procedure. I have to admit I'm fairly skeptical and nervous too, but I'm willing to take a chance.

From what I've read this is different to the procedure sneijder had, but hopefully no less effective. Time will tell!

what was the name of the procedure sneijder had?

hey joe that is awesome... I'd be very interested to hear how it goes... if you can document in anyway please do... I think you'll be pleased from what I've read

again, keep us up to date if you can please

hey joe that is awesome... I'd be very interested to hear how it goes... if you can document in anyway please do... I think you'll be pleased from what I've read

again, keep us up to date if you can please

Hey FinHairLoss, I think you got me mixed up with gc83uk (we have the same avatar)...

but yeah, if gc83uk can keep us up to date with how things go it would be very much appreciated.

Hi Guys,

I went to see Dr Gho today, I was as nervous as I've ever been on the way to the place. Got there at 9.30am London. Met Dr Gho for the first time, (had already seen my photos, which were really detailed.)

My hair loss is quite extensive, I have my crown and most of my front hair line, but approx a 5 inch diameter of completely bare scalp on the top of my head (so that should give you an idea). My donor hair is 'ok', but not amazing. Had this since about 8 years old and have been wearing a hair piece for too long, not cool I know.

He explained he would be doing the HSI (injection type) and agreed to do 600-700 today with another 3 trips planned in the future. This is what I actually wanted, I didn't want to spend mega without first knowing how well it will work and I'd rather take my time with it.

Anyway, after about about 30 mins of chatting I was introduced to two 'technicians' as he called them, both very nice (everyone is Dutch by the way, but speak good English). The first thing they did was analyse the donor hair and how they could shave it with allowing the rest of my hair to cover up the shaved areas. They shaved about 1 inch from ear to ear, possibly less than 1 inch, I'll know more tomorrow once I've had a proper look.

The 1st technician was a nice chap who extracted the hair from the back and sides of the head, this took about an hour to an hour and a half I'd say. The only slightly painfull bit is the anaesthetic, but no big deal. Then had lunch...

About 12.30 (after lunch), the other technician, nice woman, started placing the hairs into the top of my scalp. Dr Gho briefly interrupted to place a few of these near my hair line, because they are 'more difficult' in the words of technician 2.

Half way through the 700 hairs being inserted into my scalp, the bloke took over again (tech 1) and finished the procedure. We were finished at about 3.30ish. Dr Gho, said everything went perfectly and said that the donor area is healing really nicely already, he also asked if he can use these photos before and after, which I have no problem with.

I have to be honest I'm by no means an expert in hair transplants, I still don't quite understand the difference between HST and HSI, but I'll be talking to him again next week, as he wants me to keep him updated, so I'll get it clarified again, I was quite nervous so forgot to ask some vital questions.

Anyway I'm home now, a little sore at the back of my head, to be expected. The donor area seems to be nicely covered by the rest of the hair. The implanted hairs all have little tiny scabs on them. I have to admit I'm quite excited now it's done, fingers crossed this works and the donor regrows too.

I've only just joined this site a couple of weeks back, so shall I just add the photos to my profile or do I insert them here? I'll try and get something sorted tomorrow anyway. Let me know if I've missed anything...