Attention gho is legit

attention forum users

Gho's science is legit... thats a fact... the evidence for this is mounting

I want to make sure people look into HST from gho before they undergo ANY procedure with ANY other doctor...... ESPECIALLY if you're seriously considering a STRIP procedure

HST is the future

please look into it... there are tons of documents, videos, links on HASCIs website

I will be getting the procedure as soon as I can.. unfortunately the only 3 clinics in the world that offer the procedure are booked solid through march 2012... hopefully over the next 12-16 months other clinics will start to offer it or more HASCI franchises will open

the procedure is pretty expensive at the moment... if you are somebody who will need 4 or 5 procedures it will take at least 4-5 years.... by the time you get your 5th procedure the price of HST should be on par with some FUE rates today

in conclusion

DO NOT GET STRIP. PERIOD. IT IS OFFICIALLY OUT OF DATE AND OFFICIALLY OBSOLETE!

look into HST for youself

as I already said... HASCI's website has many resources and you can google to find great discussions on here and other hair loss forums

to the owners of hairrestorationnetwork.com.... you guys should probably look into Gho and position yourselves to be a leader in HST resources.... rather than becoming as obsolete at a strip surgery.... just a thought

• Confused 1

I am very intrigued by Dr. Gho's technique but to say it is 100% legit and the future making everything else obsolete is a large overstep imo. I have yet to see any verifiable evidence that the donor hair does in fact grow back other than taking Dr. Gho's word for it. It would be amazing if this is for real but until there is actual verifiable peer reviewed proof it just looks like a refined fue procedure. It would not be difficult at all to document the regrowth in the donor area after a procedure and the fact that Gho has not attempted to do that makes me skeptical. I would also like to know more detail about his magic "fertilizer" that he uses to multiply the follicles. The hair loss community is skeptical of new treatments, for good reason, and until I see actual evidence I will remain a skeptic myself. If you do get a procedure with Gho I would encourage you to work with him to document the regrowth of your donor hair since you are so passionate about Gho, it would do a lot for the credibility of him and his procedure.

Fin,

While I've always greatly appreciated the fact that you keep the community up to date on the newest "cutting edge" hair loss treatments and procedures, this statement seems quite bold.

Frankly, I've done a bit of research regarding Dr. Gho's procedure, and while I truly believe the science of "hair duplication" (the plucking, treating, and implanting method) is very promising, the results for these types of procedures, thus far, simply do not match the "gold standard" set by quality follicular unit transplantation (FUT).

Now, if you wanted to claim that these types of procedures serve as a useful adjunct, a good tool for those who cannot or will not undergo FUT, etc, then I'd say that's an appropriate and fair assessment.

However, claiming that the RESULTS from these types of procedures already eclipse FUT and make the procedure outdated and useless simply is not accurate.

Are these types of breakthroughs exciting? Absolutely. Is it great that we are seeing any type of results from new, innovative procedures that utilize a less invasive approach? Yes. Should hair loss sufferers discount proven, effective treatments in the present with the hopes/assumption that the science behind some of these new techniques is here and ready to cure baldness? Absolutely not.

However, because, as you previously stated, we do want our community stay on the cutting-edge of new techniques, ideas, and treatments, if you do have any objective evidence regarding the procedure, please feel free to share!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
  • Like 1

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I am very intrigued by Dr. Gho's technique but to say it is 100% legit and the future making everything else obsolete is a large overstep imo. I have yet to see any verifiable evidence that the donor hair does in fact grow back other than taking Dr. Gho's word for it. It would be amazing if this is for real but until there is actual verifiable peer reviewed proof it just looks like a refined fue procedure. It would not be difficult at all to document the regrowth in the donor area after a procedure and the fact that Gho has not attempted to do that makes me skeptical. I would also like to know more detail about his magic "fertilizer" that he uses to multiply the follicles. The hair loss community is skeptical of new treatments, for good reason, and until I see actual evidence I will remain a skeptic myself. If you do get a procedure with Gho I would encourage you to work with him to document the regrowth of your donor hair since you are so passionate about Gho, it would do a lot for the credibility of him and his procedure.

I dont think he has a magic fertilizer that multiplies follicles..... stem cells can only be out of the body for so long before they lose their ability to reproduce whatever they are programed to produce (hair for example).... I believe the fluid lengthens the time the grafts can be out of the body..... as his extractions are smaller than normal fue and also only half the graft as fue... normal fue has fat tissue around it that probably preserve the cells well outside of the body... gho needed a way around that... ie his fluid.....

I will definitely record my Gho procedure as best I can... unfortunately he is booked through march 2012 and I havn't booked myself in because I wont be available to travel in march and I'm not sure when I'll have time to travel... I'm hoping other places open in the next 12-16 months maybe in america... or at least in europe which will put a limit on the waiting list and possibly start to bring the price down slowly

I'll post some pictures of what gho has offered for proof

Edited by FinHairLoss

what can I say...I'm bold and I make bold statements

Which is fine, but I do not think it's appropriate to dissuade other hair loss sufferers from undergoing hair transplant surgery now simply because you believe the Gho technique is "legit." Again, if you do have objective, concrete proof, or even anecdotal evidence greater than the information found on a clinic website or a google search, please share. We're always open to discuss new techniques, but these exchanges need to be open and fair, and bold statements should be substantiated.

I dont think he has a magic fertilizer that multiplies follicles..... stem cells can only be out of the body for so long before they lose their ability to reproduce whatever they are programed to produce (hair for example).... I believe the fluid lengthens the time the grafts can be out of the body..... as his extractions are smaller than normal fue and also only half the graft as fue... normal fue has fat tissue around it that probably preserve the cells well outside of the body... gho needed a way around that... ie his fluid.....

I watched a video of a procedure he performed on an internet personality (I believe it was a gentleman with a program called "Scissor Boy"), and it seemed like the "fertilizer" was akin to a formula that supported/induced the ability for the body to regrow the missing portion of the follicle lost during the plucking process. Where did you hear that the fluid simply protected the follicle while outside of the body?

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Should hair loss sufferers discount proven, effective treatments in the present with the hopes/assumption that the science behind some of these new techniques is here and ready to cure baldness? Absolutely not.

I really have to disagree with this statement... I have a bias against strip surgery... I think its terrible and should be disregarded as soon as possible... with that said I am not talking about just any new technique.. I'm talking about HST... this is not in phase I,II, or III this is AVAILABLE NOW (although there is a waiting list) for humans NOT MICE....

I can't seriously suggest to anybody that getting a FUT procedure at this point in time is a good idea and I think if you look even further into HST you won't either..

I will post everything I can on this thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row

I should imagine a 0.6mm extraction tool leaves no marks to the noticeable marks to the naked eye.

its actually a .05mm needle I believe

here are the latest pictures of WS

??·??? ??(?/?) -6park.com

WS wears his hair MUCH shorter than the MAJORITY of FUE or strip patients

other interesting pages...

http://translate.google.com/translat...iddel-werkt%2F

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloa...tspraakRCC.pdf

Follicular bisection in hair restoration: in vivo ... [Dermatol Surg. 2010] - PubMed result

James Bond's interview with Dr. Coen Gho

Joling after his 2nd HST

http://media.nu.nl/m/m1dzlkcaaqry.jpg

DAMN THATS CUT SHORT!

wesley....

Before: http://img811.imageshack.us/i/wesley...ramonastr.jpg/

Now: http://img821.imageshack.us/i/wesley...bresciaca.jpg/

I can't speak for the journal that the below link leads to but I think its a reputable peer review journal.....

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/dad01225-0ceb-4a30-90c4-771ed900f25aHSI%20-%20Artikel_Gho%20Neumann.pdf

Below is an article showing bernstien using the same theory as HST with his own twist....

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hairtransplantblog/hair-transplant-pioneer-studies-hair-cloning-hair-restoration-procedures-using-acell-extracellular-matrix/

HST on burn victim new clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diL2PqlzoG0&feature=youtu.be

Edited by FinHairLoss

I really have to disagree with this statement... I have a bias against strip surgery... I think its terrible and should be disregarded as soon as possible...

While I'm glad you've admitted this bias, it doesn't help make the case that you're reviewing the situation from a fair, objective point of view and arriving at the conclusion that "HST" is valid and should replace modern follicular unit transplantation.

I think all readers reviewing this thread and researching hair transplant surgery should keep this heavily influenced opinion in mind.

with that said I am not talking about just any new technique.. I'm talking about HST... this is not in phase I,II, or III this is AVAILABLE NOW (although there is a waiting list) for humans NOT MICE....

... and what is so special about the HST technique? As previously stated, many of our members (myself included) have reviewed the procedure and believe the evidence and concrete results are lacking. By stating that you believe the new technique is legitimate and should replace FUT, I think you should provide the evidence proving that the procedure isn't "just any new technique."

Furthermore, I'm confused as to why the lack of controlled, regulated, peer-reviewed clinic studies and publications make the procedure, in your opinion, more legitimate? Progressing through the standard safety and efficacy trials is a very common practice in medicine and surgery, and I'm curious as to why simple availability opposed to a product with potential and slated efficacy and safety review is an advantage?

Has this technique (including the "fertilizer") been tested or reviewed by any sort of federal drug administration?

I can't seriously suggest to anybody that getting a FUT procedure at this point in time is a good idea and I think if you look even further into HST you won't either..

Again, I've looked into the procedure and still believe current, proven techniques are a better option. At this point in time, I'd share this sentiment with any inquisitive hair loss sufferer. However, I do look forward to any evidence that will help me better understand the procedure.

I will post everything I can on this thread

Thank you. I look forward to reviewing the information. Please remember to keep our terms of service in mind when posting this evidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row

I should imagine a 0.6mm extraction tool leaves no marks to the noticeable marks to the naked eye.

its actually a .05mm needle I believe

here are the latest pictures of WS

WS wears his hair MUCH shorter than the MAJORITY of FUE or strip patients

This gentleman underwent the Gho procedure? Frankly, I don't think his hair looks much shorter than styles I've seen in similar follicular unit extraction (FUE) cases. Do you believe the procedure should replace FUE hair transplant surgery as well?

Maybe it's my computer, but neither of these pages would open.

This source has no abstract and also only comments on the idea behind "plucking" partial follicular unit grafts (utilized in the hair duplication method), not how well these grafts survive and grow (terminally) when implanted in the recipient region.

This interview is six years old. Has there been any more substantial updates or media focus since this time?

Joling after his 2nd HST

http://media.nu.nl/m/m1dzlkcaaqry.jpg

DAMN THATS CUT SHORT!

wesley....

Before: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Now: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Again, maybe it's my computer, but neither of these sources opened to an image.

I can't speak for the journal that the below link leads to but I think its a reputable peer review journal.....

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/dad01225-0ceb-4a30-90c4-771ed900f25aHSI%20-%20Artikel_Gho%20Neumann.pdf

It does seem like a reputable journal, but like the above pubmed reference, the most substantial findings have to do with regrowth in the "plucked" donor area, not yield of the duplicated grafts in the recipient region.

According to the article, there was around a 97% regrowth rate in the donor region (which, if the follicles were simply being "plucked" seems fairly reasonable), but the most conclusive data with regard to yield in the recipient region simply says "almost all implanted grafts grew a hair."

I'm not sure why substantial, accurate values were provided for donor regrowth, but not follicle survival rate in the recipient region.

Again, I could very easily have missed something (and if so, please feel free to clarify; my intent is to provide the most accurate, objective review possible), but the article doesn't necessarily seem to focus on significant "results."

Thank you for providing this information. I hope you're able to continue researching and updating the community with your findings.

Below is an article showing bernstien using the same theory as HST with his own twist....

Press Release: Hair Transplant Pioneer Studies Hair Cloning, Hair Restoration Procedures Using ACell

While the method behind the hair duplication technique in this instance is similar, ACell/Matristem techniques rely on the formula that's applied to the "plucked" grafts before implantation. Allegedly, this treatment allows the body to regrow a complete follicle around the partial, plucked follicular unit graft. Frankly, I assume the "fertilizer" utilized by Dr. Gho claims to do something similar, but it's the variability between these two formulas that makes all the difference.

Furthermore, ACell is undergoing numerous clinical trials at the moment, including an efficacy and safety review at the New Hair Institute under Coalition hair transplant surgeon Dr. Rassman.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

. It would be amazing if this is for real but until there is actual verifiable peer reviewed proof it just looks like a refined fue procedure. It would not be difficult at all to document the regrowth in the donor area after a procedure and the fact that Gho has not attempted to do that makes me skeptical. .

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/a2d32e22-c363-4e17-b345-69625dbfcc3dNTVG.Androgenetische%20Alopecia.27feb11.pdf

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/93002f6d-ede0-47bf-a7a9-a4ec394bcca7GhoNeumannJBUR3375.pdf

some of the latest pictures of wesley shcnieder.... guy looks better than almost ANY traditional FUT patient I've ever seen.... whens the last strip surgery patient that cut his hair that short?

Wesley Sneijder Pictures - Zimbio

and this is MY FAVORITE! a euro doctors written statement retracting and apologizing for his comments about gho! hahahaha

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/21221cb5-4d0b-4684-9cb8-6c1782b057da2010-01-25_Rectificatieverklaring_dr._I._Boersma_totaal%5B1%5D.pdf

ALOT of information is on Gho's website... im reposting a lot of it... REMEMBER that a lot of these things may come off of Gho's website but that doesn't mean they are FROM HIS organization... such as the links to journal articles...

I think that the procedure you're mentioning futuredoc is Grant aka scissor boy... he did a 4 month update and his growth rate in the recipiant area looks on par with most other FUE doctors

and yes I think HST should replace both FUT (for sure) and FUE (maybe FUE for the hairline, if we find HST too weak to form an aesthetic hairline)

so we can agree that regrowth is possible and maybe even probable? next question is the growth rate in the recipient...

we have 3 high profile transplants that seem to show a good regrowth rate (assuming they all had under 2000 grafts done)

1. wesley shcneider had under 2000 and looks on par with a FUE of the same number (1600-1700 grafts I believe

2.the german singer Joling had 2 HST... he seems to have had pretty good regrowth and great density (grafts unknown to me but I have read he had atleast TWO strip surgerys before having his 2 HST procedures aka his donor was depleted)

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nu.nl%2Fachterklap%2F2559184%2Fgerard-joling-scheert-af.html

3.scissorboy - also seemed to have a nice new hairline and good growth rate.... (1200 to 1400 grafts)

-before http://www.scissorboy.com/video/index/122/-1/all/40

- after http://scissorboylive.com/category/hair-restoration-techniques/

- (4months)after

thats 3 people that proved good growth rates... and if we agree that regrowth is probable... than how can we say FUT or FUE should not be a thing of the past? I know more results would be nice but this is not a bad start for a procedure thats been offered to the public for maybe less than a year...

the people on the Gho site are not looking amazing... but when you consider they all had no more than 1,900 grafts done they look good

I made such bold claims because I would URGE people considering a strip surgery or FUE surgery in the next year to wait and see what happens with HST before jumping the gun....

Joling was partying the night after his surgery... as oppose to having to deal with the recovery form this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu7WTU8Aq9U&feature=player_embedded

Edited by FinHairLoss

And here are Dr. Gho's claims - just in case you guys missed them:

--------------------------------------------

The advantages

HST® (Hair Stem Cell Transplantation) has no disadvantages, except perhaps in the relatively labour-intensive nature of the treatment. This is a direct consequence of the precision with which every aspect of the procedure is performed.

As compared to traditional methods, HST is the only technique to offer a number of unique advantages:

* Anaesthetic is applied completely painlessly thanks to the specially developed anaesthesia method

* Virtually complete regrowth of the hairs in the donor area

* Complete healing of the donor area within two days

* Entirely natural result

* Suitable for facial area treatments

* Suitable for treatment of scar tissue

* Suitable for treatment of burn wounds

* Because the donor area regrows, multiple treatments are possible

Additionally, HST is not an operation, but merely a treatment under the most comfortable of conditions:

* Absolutely painless, with no after-pain

* No cutting, no blood, no stitches

* No scarring. This means not just "no visible scarring," but no scarring at all

* No bumpy or unsightly surface of the head (as with laser or cutting techniques)

Source: Hair Science Institute®

ALSO, http://www.craft.nl/body.php?id=17.0&lang=nl

Let me know what you guys think, I'll continue to post all gho related things I can find

The more people that demand HST the faster the industry will move to adapt it

Edited by FinHairLoss

Fin,

I think you're misinterpreting the "regrowth is possible" statement. In my mind, the method behind "plucking" is the idea that the basal, truly regenerative aspect of the follicle is left behind in the universal donor region. If this part of the cell is left behind, why (unless damaged) wouldn't it regenerate a hair?

If I pulled a single hair from the back of my scalp, I would 100% expect it to regrow. This is the regrowth I'm referring to, and I truthfully have never doubted that the extraction process during hair duplication procedures allows for regrowth in the donor region.

However, to me, this isn't the important variable: what matters is how the follicles grow in the recipient region. From what we've all seen thus far, the regrowth in the recipient areas of balding scalp does not seem to be on par with traditional hair transplant surgery.

Based on the factor of results alone, how could one state that this procedure should replace FUT/FUE? Why would regrowth in the donor region be more important than yield in the recipient region? Restored density in areas of balding scalp is the sole reason why people seek surgical hair restoration. If this can't be accomplished at levels equal to or greater than current procedures, I don't see why a less invasive method should "replace" current standards??

3.scissorboy - also seemed to have a nice new hairline and good growth rate.... (1200 to 1400 grafts)

-before http://www.scissorboy.com/video/index/122/-1/all/40

- after Hair Restoration Techniques | The Personal Blog of the Infamous Scissorboy!

- (4months)after Videos Posted by ScissorBoy: Jul 17, 2011 1:15pm | Facebook

I could be wrong, but isn't this particular type of hair duplication procedure supposed to produce growth quicker than traditional hair transplant surgery?

If this is true, and we assume that this four month update is something equivalent to a more matured update of a FUT/FUE procedure, I personally think there is a marked difference between his receding hairline and the implanted area, and, again, do not frequently see this with FUT/FUE procedures.

thats 3 people that proved good growth rates... and if we agree that regrowth is probable... than how can we say FUT or FUE should not be a thing of the past? I know more results would be nice but this is not a bad start for a procedure thats been offered to the public for maybe less than a year...

In science, a sample size of 3 shows absolutely zero statistical significance. However, as you said, this procedure is new and has likely not yet presented it's full potential; another reason why it's far too presumptive to say it can replace traditional FUE/FUT.

the people on the Gho site are not looking amazing... but when you consider they all had no more than 1,900 grafts done they look good

Again, if these results don't "look amazing" nor do they present the same transformation seen in FUT/FUE procedures of 1,900 grafts, how can we say one should replace the other?

I made such bold claims because I would URGE people considering a strip surgery or FUE surgery in the next year to wait and see what happens with HST before jumping the gun...

I completely disagree. Thus far, the evidence presented is simply not conclusive or compelling enough to state that this new procedure should replace traditional hair transplant surgery. Not by a long shot.

It's very exciting and could be a fantastic option for various hair loss sufferers, but you simply haven't backed the "bold claims," and I don't think there is sufficient evidence to do so at this time.

Joling was partying the night after his surgery... as oppose to having to deal with the recovery form this... Extraccion Microinjerto Espectacular Hair transplant - YouTube

Again, this is conjecture and borderline "yellow journalism." Any member who would like to objectively review the potential of scarring associated with follicular unit transplantation can research the FUT cases presented daily on our discussion forums.

I don't really don't have time to research it this minute, but I think that the great thing about this forum is that I have GREAT confidence on Dr's. like the Shapiro's, Konior and Gabel, and I know that if this technique was legit that they would offer it as a service. To me, the result is the most important part of the surgery, and even doctors like Feller can't give FUE results like Rahal, SMG, Gabel and Konior can give with FUT, so it is hard to imagine that Gho can top a regular FUE. I will keep an eye on it, and have researched it in the past, but I have never seen anything that would make me jump at it yet.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Fin,

I think you're misinterpreting the "regrowth is possible" statement.

sorry future I wasn't sure if you believed the science behind HST... there are some people who even in the face of all the evidence don't believe Gho's procedure could work even in theory... Im glad youre not one of them sorry for the misunderstanding

Based on the factor of results alone, how could one state that this procedure should replace FUT/FUE? Why would regrowth in the donor region be more important than yield in the recipient region? Restored density in areas of balding scalp is the sole reason why people seek surgical hair restoration. If this can't be accomplished at levels equal to or greater than current procedures, I don't see why a less invasive method should "replace" current standards??

well I think we have 3 results that show the hairs did in fact regrow at a reasonable rate. Also the issue of limited donor keeps a lot of people out of the HT market.... ya if you're an nw2 and plan to be a nw3 when youre 70 than go ahead and get strip.. if you're destined to nw5-7 than HST is VERY important

I didn't say that gho only had 3 results... he has 3 high profile cases...

if you guys want to pump FUE and FUT go ahead

Edited by FinHairLoss

I don't really don't have time to research it this minute, but I think that the great thing about this forum is that I have GREAT confidence on Dr's. like the Shapiro's, Konior and Gabel, and I know that if this technique was legit that they would offer it as a service. To me, the result is the most important part of the surgery, and even doctors like Feller can't give FUE results like Rahal, SMG, Gabel and Konior can give with FUT, so it is hard to imagine that Gho can top a regular FUE. I will keep an eye on it, and have researched it in the past, but I have never seen anything that would make me jump at it yet.

Actually I think that any doctor currently offering anything other than HST has a lot of incentive to NOT adapt yet... because like I said not enough people are demanding HST.. if feller and the like have surgerys booked why would they?

look at the history of FUE... did all the doctors happily stop their businesses and start doing FUE? NO because for some time it was more economical not to... eventually the demand got high enough that converting to FUE was the economical choice

Edited by FinHairLoss

I could be wrong, but isn't this particular type of hair duplication procedure supposed to produce growth quicker than traditional hair transplant surgery?

post some FUT and FUE patients at their 4 month mark

Also, I have to disagree I dont think that scissorboys new hairline is as obvious as you make it sound.. I think that its a pretty good results... again it was only 1400 grafts it wasnt a 6000 graft megasession

its true and you ALL KNOW IT that you get FUT and your head is throbbing for days.. you have a "tight" feeling for some time... and sometimes you have scar pain for life.... its not yellow journalism its what happens when people frankenstein your head.... and its not yellow journalism Joling was partying two days later....

As long as you guys admit that the ONLY thing keeping HST from putting FUE and FUT in the history books are results showing that HST can give results on par with FUE and FUT... grant me that

and Joling, wesley, scissor boy and the 20-30 documented photos and videos on Ghos site are not enough results... i guess ill grant you that

Gho says he does under 2000 grafts because it increases the ability for donor regrowth and allows for better regrowth in the recipient... his theory for why you get not so great yields from megasessions is obvious... you are getting 6000 holes punched in the front of your head and 60000 punched in the back... this would obviously cause swelling and other stuff that makes healthy transplants less likley

the low graft count also makes Gho more money....

to be fair tho he is now allowing up to 2300 where only a few months ago Gho had it capped at 1900

I'd rather have to get 5 HST procedures than be one of the HT combover guys that layer this forums "results" section

Edited by FinHairLoss

As long as you guys admit that the ONLY thing keeping HST from putting FUE and FUT in the history books are results showing that HST can give results on par with FUE and FUT... grant me that

I would agree if Gho can show results on par with current fut and fue procedures at the same time showing regrowth at or above 80% in the donor area it will be a definite game changer. And I would probably go thru with the HST procedure. I guess time will tell. I disagree that a majority of the top surgeons on here would not readily adapt this procedure if it was proven to work and information was made available by Gho. Most of the docs on here like the Shapiro bros, Rahal, Cooley, feller, etc. would and do readily share ideas and techniques with one another. I think if Gho was willing to do this they all would be willing to listen and possible learn. I've heard that he is charging $50,000 to teach his technique. While I understand this from a business perspective it doesn't sit very well with me from a professional standpoint. In any case I'm glad you brought this topic up. I made a thread a couple months ago about this and it kind of died out. I would love to get some input from the docs on this site, although I'm sure they are hesitant to chime in for a number of reasons.

I would agree if Gho can show results on par with current fut and fue procedures at the same time showing regrowth at or above 80% in the donor area it will be a definite game changer. And I would probably go thru with the HST procedure. I guess time will tell. I disagree that a majority of the top surgeons on here would not readily adapt this procedure if it was proven to work and information was made available by Gho. Most of the docs on here like the Shapiro bros, Rahal, Cooley, feller, etc. would and do readily share ideas and techniques with one another. I think if Gho was willing to do this they all would be willing to listen and possible learn. I've heard that he is charging $50,000 to teach his technique. While I understand this from a business perspective it doesn't sit very well with me from a professional standpoint. In any case I'm glad you brought this topic up. I made a thread a couple months ago about this and it kind of died out. I would love to get some input from the docs on this site, although I'm sure they are hesitant to chime in for a number of reasons.

imagine that you are feller and you are booked for the coming months... its going to cost 50k plus you have to train a staff and change alot of equipment... again you are currently booked.... are you going to rush to Gho? are you going to tell all your patients to cancel the appointments they have with you because Gho has a better technique?

no and no

thats like expecting fox news to stop in the middle of a program and tell you to watch their competitor because they have better news

at this point, the early stages of HST introduction, it is MUCH more cost effective to say Gho is a scam artist than it is to adapt gho's technique.. below are two examples of this already happening... the first link is an apology written by a Dr. who called gho a scam

look at how doctors are already reacting....

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/21221cb5-4d0b-4684-9cb8-6c1782b057da2010-01-25_Rectificatieverklaring_dr._I._Boersma_totaal%5B1%5D.pdf

Before:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2009/08/11/gho-clinic-says-their-fue-allows-the-donor-hair-to-regrow/

After:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2011/07/13/video-of-dr-ghos-hst-technique/

Gho put a lot of work into the research and the refinement of his procedure and he has every right to profit as much as he can and I hope he does because he's one of the few doctors who didn't just lay back and offer strip surgeries, instead he put the (expensive) research in

back to my feller example (and I'm sorry for using your name dr feller, if it helps I chose your name because I love the hairlines you do and I will admit that Gho's hairlines (other then wesley schnieders) are just not on par with yours)

anyway, back to the feller example...

now imagine you're feller... your patient wait list is dropping off... people are emailing you about HST..... Now it is more cost effective for you to make the investment of A LOT of time and A LOT of money to change your operation over to HST...

the difference between the first feller scenario and the second scenario is demand... its in the consumer's hands... so I'm here spreading the good HST gospel and hoping people DEMAND HST and THEN DEMAND an EVEN MORE refined HST

build it and they shall come

ALSO, Gho is coming out with a stemcell injection.. and his website claims that this is both safe and effective and will be introduced in the near future.... its even a registered trademarked already "haarstemcell injections"

I trust Gho to be the first to introduce a REAL stemcell solution more than I trust Aderans (the wig maker) or histogen... mainly because the guy is the only person to come to the table with something (HST)... I think the injection may be taking longer becuase it probably has to go through phase I, II, III type thing...

PS i want to thank this website..I found it when I started to lose hair two years ago..... their results forum helped me avoid going for a HT...there is a lot of good information here that helps people make educated decisions on the subject of hair loss solutions..... I could have been a Bosley horror story without this place so I'm on here hoping to save somebody else

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
language

sorry future I wasn't sure if you believed the science behind HST... there are some people who even in the face of all the evidence don't believe Gho's procedure could work even in theory... Im glad youre not one of them sorry for the misunderstanding

I see the validity behind the hair duplication procedure. However, the entire outcome (in my opinion) depends on the way the grafts are treated before implantation. If the body isn't induced to created the rest of the follicle, then it won't work.

Frankly, I think this procedure is in the very early stages still, and will continue to grow and evolve. However, at this point in time, it's definitely not the gold standard.

well I think we have 3 results that show the hairs did in fact regrow at a reasonable rate. Also the issue of limited donor keeps a lot of people out of the HT market.... ya if you're an nw2 and plan to be a nw3 when youre 70 than go ahead and get strip.. if you're destined to nw5-7 than HST is VERY important

I didn't say that gho only had 3 results... he has 3 high profile cases...

Actually, of the three results ....

One I found to be differ greatly from the quality of similar FUE hairline cases (of course this is assuming, as the practitioners state, that hair duplication procedures grow quicker and a 4 month maturation would be further along than a similar FUE procedure at this stage).

Another was simply a gentleman who, according to you, was able to cut his hair very short. Frankly, I didn't see the merit here.

Furthermore, wasn't it you who said the examples presented thus far don't "look amazing." I can't say the same for high quality follicular unit extraction cases.

if you guys want to pump FUE and FUT go ahead

Fin, thus far we have both remained objective and civil; I see no reason to stop this now. We're trying to have a mature conversation here and there's no reason for an "us versus them" mentality. Having said that, statements like these really don't help make a solid point. Let's stick with facts here.

if FUT and FUE doctors paid my salary, as they do most of the mods on this site, I would also be skeptical

Again, this is unfair. Frankly, we moderate a very fair, open set of discussion boards and simply because I'm (and others) not convinced by the very subjective and limited "evidence" you've provided thus far does not mean I have some ulterior agenda.

If these boards were really all about only supporting a certain type of procedure, why would we even allow this type of conversation? Why would I invite you to provide as much evidence and examples as possible? Why would I have personally researched and reported on hair duplication multiple times? Why would we recommend both the physician responsible for introducing the ACell/Matristem duplication technique (Dr. Cooley) and one of the only physicians in North American conducting hair duplication clinical trials (Dr. Rassman)?

I think this issue is important, and I'd really like to continue discussing it in a respectful, mature manner. Because of that, I am asking you, respectfully, to please refrain from these types of remarks.

post some FUT and FUE patients at their 4 month mark

This is why I specifically asked whether or not the Gho procedure grafts began growing sooner than follicular units implanted in traditional hair restoration surgery. I recall reading somewhere that growth was seen within several weeks?

If this is true, then the 4 month result of a Gho procedure would be advanced and matured at a much higher level than a 4 month post-operative FUE result. If we can figure out the exact proposed maturation rate at 4 months, we can find a FUE result matured to a similar level and compare. To me, this is the only way to objectively compare (in this particular instance).

Also, I have to disagree I dont think that scissorboys new hairline is as obvious as you make it sound.. I think that its a pretty good results... again it was only 1400 grafts it wasnt a 6000 graft megasession

I definitely don't think the result looks bad or unnatural; I just don't think it currently mirrors results (even 1,400 graft results) of similar sized FUE/FUT cases.

its true and you ALL KNOW IT that you get FUT and your head is throbbing for days.. you have a "tight" feeling for some time... and sometimes you have scar pain for life.... its not yellow journalism its what happens when people frankenstein your head.... and its not yellow journalism Joling was partying two days later....

I'm not sure why the "partying two days later" issue is important, but I won't disagree that lessening post-operative healing is important for patients looking to return to normal life. I'd definitely be supportive of new procedures looking to make this healing time shorter and more comfortable.

Fin, what else matters? I don't think you'd find a single hair transplant patient who wouldn't claim that the results are the absolute number 1 priority. Granted, I completely understand issues regarding less invasive procedures, making restoration more available for patients who aren't candidates for FUE/FUT, et cetera. However, I still don't know if this outweighs the importance of excellent results when "all is said and done." Do you?

I'd rather have to get 5 HST procedures than be one of the HT combover guys that layer this forums "results" section

While I definitely don't agree that any of the results posted by our recommended/Coalition surgeons resemble "combovers," I do wish you the best of luck with undergoing one of these procedures and truly do hope you'll continue to keep this thread updated with more information about the technique and your own personal experience.

Good luck!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

hmmm... you guys are right gho is a scam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get Proven Hair Loss Treatments at the Best Prices by visiting our new Online Store.

hmmm... you guys are right gho is a scam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get Proven Hair Loss Treatments at the Best Prices by visiting our new Online Store.

Fin,

Frankly, I'm not even sure what you're alluding to here, but this is the "final warning" to stay on topic and keep the personal attacks off the discussion forums.

If you'd like to continue discussing this procedure, then please keep sharing input, information, and evidence. Any further personal attacks, inappropriate remarks, or blatantly misleading statements will not be tolerated (and do nothing but weaken your argument).

Again, thank you and good luck moving forward with the new procedure.