Dr. Wong/5825 Grafts/One Session/8 years post-op

This patient came in last week for his eight year follow up. At the time of his only surgery it is thought that this was the largest single session every performed, anywhere. 5825 grafts were placed in one session.

Dr. Wong recognized that the existing forelock was a bit too low to simply reinforce with new graft work so he worked behind the forelock and back into the crown. The patient obviously enjoys a longer hairstyle and has continued to grow his transplanted hair long once the hair started growing immediately after the procedure. His grafts never shed after the surgery.

hwtl5825_001.jpg?1403955846

hwtl5825_002.jpg?353780867

hwtl5825_003.jpg?512932499

hwtl5825_004.jpg?769539652

hwtl5825_005.jpg?36884757

hwtl5825_006.jpg?796682330

hwtl5825_007.jpg?412984728

hwtl5825_008.jpg?2097514859

hwtl5825_009.jpg?914125478

hwtl5825_010.jpg?1377583680

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I'm glad you like it, JTF. What I like about this case is that it shows that one can grow their transplanted hair quite long if they wish:)

I'll post photos to go with this video next week.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotronic,

I'm very impressed by this result! I would love to restore my locks to their former "long-hair" glory but don't quite have the density to pull it off.

This gives me hope for the future!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Jee zuz that is well thick still. Joe did he come back in for more work in the hairline it would be even more impressive he gets some more put in there?

Ps you got to love 80's rockers with their long hair doos!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I updated this first post with the patient's pictures.

Bonkerstonker,

We talked about more work but I can't recall what the decision was. If/when it happens I'm sure we'll be updating his case. Yeah, gotta love that 80's rocker look:) It is a good reference for those that wonder if HT hair can grow very long. Obviously it can.

The guy looks like Fabio now! I also like seeing HT's that stand the test of time (8 yrs post op!). Well done.

Glad he ditched the glasses too. ;)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

What a great result, well done to all involved.

Also, seeing long term results i believe is key here, as we don't know how well some Hts hold out in years to come, we just don't right? this result can give a few the hope they're after.

Great!

I think i can safely say that this HT changed that guys perspective on life, am i right?

Rachumas,

Not losing the grafts is rare. In fact, this patient had his surgery right around when I started working here and is the first patient I've ever seen that didn't lose his grafts. They started growing from day one. I can think of maybe five others off the top of my head where this happened. There is no rhyme or reason to it, it just happens.

Quick question Joe: How much do you think the length of his hair (or any one's hair for that matter) contributes to the appearance of density? This guy had a very advanced pattern.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

If you're up for answering a couple of questions Jotronic can i jump in aswell, when you say 'Not losing the grafts is rare...first patient I've ever seen that didn't lose his grafts...I can think of maybe five others off the top of my head where this happened. There is no rhyme or reason to it, it just happens'

In what respect?

I've been researching quite a bit the last couple of years and my main question to be answered is 'is hair transplantation permanent?'

Am i getting my follicles mixed up with grafts?

You may of course be going over old ground here but i hope you respect the idea newbies are coming along day in day out that need something spelt out to them and still consider results to be some sort of medieval magic trick, so, sorry about this, but this guy being in his 8th year, is this pretty standard stuff now, will his grafts (iyo) easily last another 8?

Regards,

57mph

If you're up for answering a couple of questions Jotronic can i jump in aswell, when you say 'Not losing the grafts is rare...first patient I've ever seen that didn't lose his grafts...I can think of maybe five others off the top of my head where this happened. There is no rhyme or reason to it, it just happens'

In what respect?

I've been researching quite a bit the last couple of years and my main question to be answered is 'is hair transplantation permanent?'

Am i getting my follicles mixed up with grafts?

You may of course be going over old ground here but i hope you respect the idea newbies are coming along day in day out that need something spelt out to them and still consider results to be some sort of medieval magic trick, so, sorry about this, but this guy being in his 8th year, is this pretty standard stuff now, will his grafts (iyo) easily last another 8?

Regards,

57mph

I think the term "shed" in this conversation means the shedding phase happening in the 1 year post-ht process.

Yes when you read what Joe said using the word graft sounds really bad lol I think what he means is the hairs didn't shed 4 weeks post op and regrow 3 month post op they just grew straight away from 1 day post op.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

57mph,

Errm, yeah. Sorry about that, I meant to say hairs. The grafts, or the graft tissue, stays and the hair usually sheds a few weeks after the surgery. Then the waiting begins for the hair to begin growing again and that is usually between 3 to 5 months for the first signs of new growth. For this patient, the shed phase never happened. They should grow for life or at least darn close to it. This patient's hair will continue to grow for for far longer than 8 more years.

Aaron,

The length does help, no question about it. But that is the way with transplanted hair to begin with. The shorter it is the less coverage is possible thus more scalp is visible. Even guys with zero hair loss have scalp visible when the hair is short enough. You can see in the images and video where the hair is parted that it is not full density but rather consistent density. His hair texture may help as well as it is fairly coarse.

• 1 year later...
I thought they were suppsto last forever?

He means they never shed and then regrew after implantation. They started growing from day one.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...