5.5 months post OP | Dr Path 3876 grafts

Vincent

Hi all,

It's now 5.5 months since my HT with Dr Path and it's starting to grow in. I can still feel some stubble that is only beginning to sprout (not alot). Feels like this is all the hair I am going to get and it's only thickening up from now on, am I on track?

Also I have been on Propecia and Minoxidol for roughly 8 months and as of late I have been experiencing some shedding of miniaturized hairs when applying the Minoxidol paste (Can see a bunch of these small thin hairs in my fingers). Should I be concerned about this?

The scar is a slight pink, still a little tender and numb here and there nothing to write home about thou. Some parts are quite lumpy and some are almost completely flat. Should I expect it to flatten out overtime?

Let me know what you think of the results so far.

PS. Yes I know the sides are quite long, I normally comb it over as I am still not confident enough to show the results. Hopefully by next year with the help of some concealers it will look decent.

Cheers.

1.jpg.bc3dce10295d3f7db1bf14a084390792.jpg

3.jpg.3bb5341142f331868feaba953be3f03e.jpg

2.jpg.ce08946c221f8a9e65da7368e0c15eac.jpg

Hi Vincent,

Looking really good imo! I bet you keep pinching yourself because you don't recognise yourself in the mirror.

I go for a 12 month assessment next week in Thailand.

Regards

Rod

Shedding of miniaturized hairs is usually a good sign. It means terminal hairs are on the way! As usual Dr. Path has delivered another great result!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Yes! I see definite improvement. Also, at 5.5 months post-op, you can expect a lot more maturity and even a little more growth to come.

Either way, it's looking really good. Congratulations!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

• 4 weeks later...

So I ordered some Toppik and it arrived 2 days ago. I gave it a quick test and to my surprise it worked quite well in filling the gaps. So today I took the plunge and went to a hair stylist and explained my situation. I haven't had a proper haircut like this in......well I can't really remember :D.

The hair stylist hadn't used Toppik or any other type of hair concealer before and he was absolutely amazed. From now on I will have to rely on some Toppik everyday until I go for my second HT next year, but I am absolutely over the moon right now.

I haven't had a chance to take a shower and wash it out yet so I don't have any pictures without Toppik, but I would say 80%+ is my own hair and the remaining is Toppik hiding gaps here and there.

IMG_1588.JPG.7c8dfc9580d9bb83643ae112326a8a86.JPG

IMG_1590.jpg.32b1a0089972006b97700bb6dd05b587.jpg

Hi Vincent,

Can you let me know where you bought your Toppik from in Australia?

It seems to be pretty expensive here and at this stage I haven't used it to help with coverage.

Thanks

Rod

Hi Rod,

I bought it off eBay here:

TOPPIK HAIR FIBER 25g AUS Supplier - 9 COLOURS | eBay

Received it the next day. Total for 30g bottle with sprayer and postage was $95 to my door. This seriously works like a treat. Just don't go all crazy and dump a whole heap on, which for this the sprayer helps alot so I recommend you get that aswell.

Vincent,

Looking very good for 5.5 months. And a lot more is yet to come! The toppik pics look great imo. Congrats on coming along so well thus far.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations bro, it looks great!

I remember just about a month ago you were worried about density so you went out and bought some Topik. However, now I think you can rightly lay those fears to rest.

You have a great result thus far and you still have plenty of maturing to do too. I'd be very happy if I were you. There is a noticeable improvement in the past month or so, not to mention the dramatic transformation from your MPB days.

My favorite quote from your update is "To be honest I am confident enough to go out without any Toppik or styling products on at all."

I'm very happy for you man. Congratulations again. This is what HTs are all about.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Thanks Corvettester!!!

In my MPB days and the comb over it was absolutely horrible for me on even slightly windy days without a cap (I can't wear one at work). You would see me quickly hand on hair and running for some wind cover when outside going and leaving for work.

A so called friend that previously annoyingly commented on my hair loss and why I always wear a cap saw me the other day and said for some reason I look slimmer and different somehow. Then I saw him peeking at my hairline, it was an absolutely satisfying feeling shutting him up :D

Also everyone saying that the waiting game is the worst part is all true. During the early stages as you can see in my blog, I really couldn't see how I was going to get any sort of decent result out of this. But low and behold it suddenly came out strong at 5 months and I am loving every bit of it so far.

For all considering a HT, don't jump into one without proper research. I went to Advanced Hair and lost a couple hundred dollars due to me realising what a bunch of scam artists they are and cancelled the $7K AUD they wanted to charge me for a rug. Then I almost went with an Australian HT clinic that quoted me double the price of Dr Path and only being able to do MAX 2500 grafts and that was only upto about 3/4 way of the mid scalp.

I will continue to update my blog to show people as I found frequent blog updates from others to be a great help in my research on this forum.

• 1 month later...
Hi Vincent,

Can you let me know where you bought your Toppik from in Australia?

It seems to be pretty expensive here and at this stage I haven't used it to help with coverage.

Thanks

Rod

try ebay. very cheap compare to other retail shops.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Vincent

Congratulations. well done, the hair growth is amazing!! I can see myself in you when you describe the windy days and hand on head..LOL

I am considering a HT with Dr Pathomvanich. Want some advice from you...

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Forgot to mention, only downside to my procedure is the scar. I can very obviously feel it, as it's raised and lumpy. Cannot see it even with the short sides I have in the posted pictures but to the touch it's very obvious.

Elasticity has returned to about 90% of what it originally was, but I don't know if it's me or not but sometimes I feel some numbness to the donor region. I might go to my doctor and have his opinion on this.

I saw every photo in this thread and your 18 month results (with and without concealer) before I saw your pre ops. WOW. Your result to my eyes went from great to phenomenal when I saw just how far you have come, congratulations!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Hi Vincent,

I definitely think that you got a wow result my friend and I'm really happy for you. Personally, I wouldn't bother with a second procedure at this stage.

I have had 2 HT's and I haven't had a result like you did on your first go.

Cheers Rod