The Associate Publisher's 4th HT

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Bill. you got it done exactly after one week i got mine done. So you were sitting in my seat.

I cant believe its been a week for me and i dont even feel like i have HT done. I had no swelling, slight tightness for first few days and nothing really to complain about.

My guess is 1800. Now send me the Amazon card. Will ya?

Man, I'm salivating at the prospect of a season of Lost on blu-ray courtesy of Amazon, Bill's laxity, Hasson's expertise, and my guessing skillz...! I hope Jo nagged you mercilessly about performing his patented scalp exercises...icon_wink.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting in anticipation. But my delay was two-fold:

1) Since I offered a prize for the winner, I wanted to give everyone ample time to offer their input

2) I had a long flight last night and am still recovering during my post-op period

Right now I'm sitting here catching up on some work and am ready to share the final graft count.

It looks like the guesses ranged between 1611 and 3018 (with the exception of Raphael84 with a whopping vote of 7000+ until he came to his senses and guessed again after af few drinks icon_smile.gif).

I've listed the guesses below the way they were when I tallied them:

1. theEmperor - 2073

2. wantego - 2617

3. Leeson - 1873

4. Latinlotus - 2408

5. thanatopsis 2830

6. Raphael - 2200

7. Eman - 2307

8. Spex - 2414

9. Imissthebarber - 1926

10. PGP - 2550

11. yankeesfan - 2733

12. Clint69 - 2717

13. Byehair - 1611

14. Dewayne - 2950

15. Jazz - 2275

16. Justgrow - 2254

17. Atomic - 2260

18. MiketheDane - 1824

19. Acrobaz - 2040

20. Mrkneed - 2850

21. LaGrange - 2275

22. Mr. GQ - 3018

23. Ceasar08 - 2468

24. Petchski - 2025

25. ShavedDethMonk - 1750

26. GTDL - 2555 Grafts

27. dannyskywalker - 2998

28. Take a chance - 3023

29. BeHappy - 1500

30. mgem - 2184

31. hairseekerusa - 1800

32. LondonTraveller - 2621

And though I would love to tell you all that I've officially made the 10,000+ club, I'm afraid I fell short by a few hundred grafts. Dr. Hasson would have been able to get more however, I was also insistent on trying to optimize my scar as much as possible too since this is most likely going to be my last procedure for a long time, if not forever. But I won't say never icon_wink.gif.

So without further due - the final graft count is.....

This makes "TheEmperor" the lucky winner of a $50 Amazon.com gift card.

Will "TheEmperor" please send me a private message with your full name and address and I'll be happy to give you your reward.

In the next few days, I will post some of my photos on my hair loss blog.

Stay tuned :-).

Bill

So without further due - the final graft count is.....

Hey, now wait a minute. That was going to be my guess! I mean, I realize I'm a little late here, but... icon_biggrin.gif

Way to go Bill. I'm looking forward to your progress.

Jim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Ok... so how about this.. whoever guesses the exact number of centimeters of your strip, wins a bottle of that coal shampoo Jotronic has been endorsing...

Oh yeah... and congrats Bill! Grow well!

I'm just catching up on this thread...yep, I would have guessed 2068 icon_smile.gif

Glad it went well Bill. We'll all be following your progress closely. Thanks for sharing the details about your scar and why you and Dr. Hasson decided to go low with it. Sorry that you will have to live with those bothersome staples for 4 weeks.

The do looks awesome...maybe you could try it out for longer when you have some crazy density up front after this procedure.

Happy Healing bud!

Good job mate, glad to see it went well. Your blog had me laughing though, you went from yourself, to Mr. T, to Stone Cold Steve Austin icon_biggrin.gif It was interesting to see what a healed scar from a HT looks like with a completely buzzed down cut. I hadn't seen a completely healed one like that before with no hair to cover it. I now see what people mean when they say how venturing down the HT road is a one way trip.

Hey Bill

Congrats my old friend!!! 2000 grafts should put the icing on the cake!!! You will be one happy man in a couple months..

Again , congrats you certainly deserve it more than anyone!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks again guys. Of course, I'm still waiting for theEmperor to claim is $50 Amazon.com prize. I just sent him a private message to remind him :-).

I'm expecting the result to be tremendous, that is, combined with the results I already had. Of course, like all of you, all I can do is sit back and patiently wait for everything to grow in. I'm only at day 9 now, still with staples in my head and no shedding yet. I expect in a week or so, I'll start to lose my new friends. Hopefully, none of the old guys jump ship (in the donor area also), and I won't have to go through the doldrums :-).

Here's for wishful thinking :-)

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Thanks again guys. Of course, I'm still waiting for theEmperor to claim is $50 Amazon.com prize. I just sent him a private message to remind him :-).

I'm expecting the result to be tremendous, that is, combined with the results I already had. Of course, like all of you, all I can do is sit back and patiently wait for everything to grow in. I'm only at day 9 now, still with staples in my head and no shedding yet. I expect in a week or so, I'll start to lose my new friends. Hopefully, none of the old guys jump ship (in the donor area also), and I won't have to go through the doldrums :-).

Here's for wishful thinking :-)

Bill

I sent you my contact info a couple days ago. Good luck with your growth, and thank you!

Wonder if amazon sells anything hair loss related? Maybe I'll buy some hats.

• 8 months later...