The Associate Publisher's 4th HT

It looks like there are a lot of potentially good guesses from everyone on the number of grafts. I guess we'll see who are lucky winner is by the end of today. Since my surgery isn't until 11am PST, I'm not sure how late I'll be out of surgery. And then I'm traveling all day tomorrow. I will try to update everyone tonight on a graft count at the very least - if not, I may have to keep everyone in suspense until Friday.

I'm also thinking that the one closest to the number of grafts may be awarded a gift certificate to somewhere like Amazon.com, Bestbuy.com or maybe another similar store. Of course, in order for me to offer this gift, the lucky winner must be willing to provide me with their name (first and last) and address privately to receive the gift :-).

The winner will be determined by the one closest to the actual number of grafts whether below or above.

Of course, I'm hoping one of the lucky winners will be one who guessed a higher number since my goal is to break 2500. But I know Dr. Hasson will do his best to get all that he can safely.

Stay tuned!

Bill

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah good luck Bill, this should be your final surgery giving you a complete look for the rest of your life.

my guess is 1824.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

All the best Bill. If it's not too late, I'll go with 2468. Though I hope the number is much higher. Gift certificate prizes come and go, but grafts are for a lifetime...

Hope things went great for you.

Im going to say 1750. If you get your surgeon to create 'surgical split ends' the percieved density will be increased icon_razz.gif

I hope you more than my estimate but from your blog you stated you done 7550 grafts to date so Im going to go low and hope for you high.

Best regards,

SDM

Hey Joe I know where you live Once again 2550

PGP i think you are some mad computer genius/hacker and you somehow hijacked one of the satellites in the orbit that belong to DOD, and now you can spy and have the access on demand, with a flick of a finger, on all these HT clinics and their docs. icon_smile.gif

otherwise how else would you know so much about every doctor and every clinic icon_confused.gif

*edit*

and in this case our own Joey icon_biggrin.gif

The loser gets an Armani touch-up.

LMAO! Brilliant!

In that case I'm going to deliberately guess an outlandish, impossible number: 20'354'753 grafts icon_biggrin.gif

But all jokes aside, good luck and here is my guess: 2555 grafts.

So I have been out of surgery for an hour and just now catching up on all multitude of posts on not only this thread, but the entire forum.

I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments on this thread (both the encouraging and funny ones).

So I'm thinking the member who guessed the closest number of grafts will win a $50 gift certificate/card to Amazon.com, my personal choice "everything store" from books, to movies, to just about anything you can think of - and no, I have no affiliation with them other than that I like purchasing from them.

At this point, I'm back in the hotel and just relaxing a bit before I go to bed and wake up early for a postoperative cleaning and my flights.

However, since there is a prize involved, I want to give other members a chance to offer their guess on the number of grafts over the next day or two before awarding the winner.

I will say however, that one particular member is only FIVE follicular units off in their guess - pretty amazing. But that's all the information I'm going to give at this point.

I figured by this weekend (most likely Saturday), I'll announce the winner and then ask them publicly to contact me privately with their full name and address so I can purchase and send them the gift.

Now I'm going to go rest and drift off into the night. Pain is minimal at this pint and I'm feeling rather peppy. Hopefully pain will remain minimal tomorrow when I arise.

Best wishes,

Bill

Enough suspense Bill, just give us the count icon_smile.gif There are many people in your audience who participated and who are waiting for the # of grafts.

Glad that the surgery went well for you so far.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Awesome! Smooth move on keeping your initial trip report so objective, too, and not lending any hints as to your graft count -- must'v been tough! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• Moderators

Was there an official count yet? Bill already had over 7000 total grafts in the previous 3 HTs, so I'm going to guess a low number figuring he's almost tapped out of good donor supply. I'm guessing 1500. Where would you put much more than that on his head anyway?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.