RockZ

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Alright ladies and gentleman. I have eight week pictures up on my blog link below. I can't believe it's been about eight weeks and a day. I know it's still very early in the game but I certainly am very pleased how things are going. I would say at least 10-15% of the grafts did not shed and have been growing along with my native hair. It looks significantly better at this length than it would've pre-op for sure. I think I see a tiny bit of growth but cannot really for sure at this point. I am very optimistic as to how things will turn out in the coming months.

Looking good RockZ.... the next few months will get exciting! Please keep us posted. You're doing a great job on that already.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

RockZ, everything looks good.....now you are well on your way to the fun part.....watching it grow. I am about five weeks behind you in the process. Good luck and keep us posted.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Looks awesome dude.....now the fun bit, the wait lol.....You picked a great Dr and i can't wait to follow your progress.

Heal and grow well buddy

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

• 4 weeks later...

Three month pictures up. I'm seeing some early growth and am pretty pleased how things are looking so far!! I feel like my hair has unquestionably went through a noticeable change. The right is side is coming in a little stronger but I'm not too concerned at this point. My hair feels thicker and is getting a lot easier to style.

Three months - you are just getting started! ;)

Things look exactly where they should be at this point. The next few months will get fun. Happy growing!

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

Great job by SMG! You are definitely going to see a great improvement...happy growing and keep us all posted!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Great job with the pics Rockz. It's nice to see that you're experiencing early growth at 3 months post op with FUE since they typically tend to grow a little slower than Strip procedures.

Thanks for keeping a detailed documentation of your progress, we really appreciate it. :)

Not a problem. I'm happy to share as always.

I'm a few weeks away from being four months post-op but one other aspect worth mentioning is how much thicker the area behind the center of my hairline that was reinforced with additional grafts is. That area was thinning and I didn't really notice it as much pre-op but I am amazed at how much of a difference in thickness and density it already is at this point and the cosmetic difference it has made. I feel like it's like it was when I was around 18 or 19 years old which is pretty phenomenal. Thing seem to get better each day.......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Thanks for following and I apologize for the delay in updating things here. I will post a more thorough update this weekend with pictures but there are a few key points I wanted to make at this time.

First, the thickness of the hair has exceeded my expectations. I really did not know what to expect or consider that aspect as much perhaps but I am very pleased with how it's developing. The right side of my hairline was coming in stronger for awhile but now this is starting to even out. As I am approaching the six month time frame I'm sure I have a little ways to go but I feel like I'm almost at the 'problem solved' status. I easily would've been happy for the result I had probably almost a month ago based on how I looked before. This has had a tremendous impact so far and am thankful with the support and progression.

Hi Rockz,

Thanks for posting your progress.

I am going to SMG next month for FUE. I am NW2 and similar age to you so I am watching your progress quite closely.

I have some questions about your hairline design if you don't mind.

How did you and Dr. Shapiro decide it? Did you go over other facial landmarks (nose, ears, etc.)? How do they ensure it is symmetrical?

I am a little worried about mine. I want my hairline lowered. I think my forehead looks too large with the loss. Maybe 0.5cm. I am wondering if this would constitute rebuilding the "transition zone" since my central core hasn't lost any hair.

Anyway, thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Doejohn. They will work with you with all that as they know how to address all the aspects. Please feel free to PM me.

Sorry for the delay guys. I posted some pictures that are close to six months in my blog link. I'll post some more narration later as I've been extremely busy. Thanks for following everyone.

Looking really good RockZ. And your hair is soaking wet - the least favorable condition to evaluate transplanted hair. I bet it looks one hundred times better dry. Keep us posted!!

Thanks for posting an update despite your busy schedule. :)

You were definitely an early grower. It'll be interesting to follow the remaining 6 months of your progress since your growth timeline isn't typical. Early growth may be due to ACell??? We're certainly happy that you're pleased with your result. Hope your schedule will allow you to stop in sometime soon.