• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Rockz came in for a follow-up consultation couple of days go. We put together his pre-op & post op pics for easy comparison. We took a short video of his results at 7 months as well. Will post video soon.

Rockz - thanks again for coming in to say "hi" and allowing us to take and post your pics. We're all glad you are so happy with your results.

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Slide14.jpg

Slide15.jpg

Terrific face framing! Love seeing SMG's FUE results. Congrats Rockz! Looks fantastic and there's more to come.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Montreal

ACell is an extracellular matrix with growth factors. It is made from porcine bladders. It is safe in Humans, because it is acellualr. It was originally formulated for wound healing and has remarkable results. It has been used in hair transplants because the follicular unit graft needs growth factors to stimulate progenitor cells to make the new blood cells and tissue for a healthy follicle. We are using it in all our FUE cases because we believe the follicles are more fragile than strip cases. We are just seeing the results using Acell. It could be used in traditional strip cases also, but our survival is so good in strip cases we are not using it in most of our strip cases.

Thank you for posting the pictures Janna. It was great being able to come back in and visit.

The staff at SMG were phenomenal, extremely attentive and very friendly as usual. They certainly go above and beyond in taking care of their patients. It may be appear to be a subtle difference but it has absolutely made a world of difference for me as far as the density (I was pleasantly surprised) and the overall appearance of my hairline. I've been able to style my hair much easier and I am indeed extremely happy with the results!

I will continue to post updates soon to my website. Thanks again.

It may be appear to be a subtle difference but it has absolutely made a world of difference for me as far as the density (I was pleasantly surprised) and the overall appearance of my hairline. I've been able to style my hair much easier and I am indeed extremely happy with the results

Subtle in a good way of course meaning you still look like you but with a much more solid hairline. Its flawless I might add.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Subtle in a good way of course meaning you still look like you but with a much more solid hairline. Its flawless I might add.

Thanks Levrais. When I wrote about it being subtle but making a huge difference I made that comment independently before I saw yours so no need to clarify. Your case was a huge inspiration for mine.

Yes, ACell seems to have been working great.

brilliant result do far!! I remember lurking around the forum and reading your thread in may. Im happy it worked out great for you. I have similar loss to yours but only on the left side(corner) so Im happy to see what results are possible :)

• 3 weeks later...

RockZ,

I'm considering FUE, too. I'll probably need 1300 - 1600 grafts to restore my hairline as well. I'm concerned with donor density post-HT.

I've seen some pics of other FUE patients where extraction patterns created subtle rectangular outlines within which the density appears less than the hair outside of the donor area. Of course, the hair must be buzzed to a very short length to notice it.

How is your donor density doing compared to how it was pre-HT? Any noticeable differences?

Thanks,

Z.

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the delay. It's been several months since I've made an update. I can understand that after the result grows in some people may fall into the 'problem solved' status. After about a year here, however, my hair has definitely thickened even more and I am extraordinarily pleased with the results. I was looking at a picture when I was 21 about 8 or 9 years ago and my hair now looks so much thicker! Best of luck everyone and I will respond to all PM's if you message me. I am happy to help.

Good news RockZ! Bring on the pics for us to ogle. ;)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

It'd be great to update your thread with your final results. It'd actually be nice to put you on our website. Please come in for pics whenever you get a free moment for updates. Good to hear from you.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...