Dr. Rahal or Dr. Feller

Guest Ian512017155

Guest Ian512017155

I would like to restore my hairline and have narrowed this search down to Dr. Rahal or Dr. Feller for a FUT hair transplant after my consultations; however, I am having problems deciding between the two. Dr. Feller is closer and is high respected; however, so is Dr. Rahal and his prices are reasonable and I really liked his hairline work. Anyone’s opinions on their recommendations or experiences with each would be appreciated.

From the comments of this board alone I would recommend Rahal. He is highly respected and has very few complaints. Remember that even the best of hair transplant doctors are going to have a unhappy customer from time to time.

After reading a few of Dr. Feller’s bizarre posts and his personal attacks and threats of litigation to anyone that questions their results on here I would stay away! I am not saying his isn’t a very good doctor because he is and has a lot of great results; however, if you would fall into one of those rare cases were you had poor results I think Dr. Rahal would be more acceptable in correcting the problem then Dr. Feller. However these are just my personal opinions.

Definitely Dr. Rahal. Here's why:

Amazing Hairlines.

Industry Leader of Mega-Sessions.

Industry Leader of Dense Packing.

I haven't seen any complaints against him on the forums either.

Don't ever let location determine your choice. Also, Dr. Rahal offers a 10% discount on all out of country clients. It's only a 90 minute flight from NYC.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Either one in my opinion. Both great docs. You'll be in good hands either way.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I can't speak for Dr Rahal, but I've had 2 HTs with Dr Feller and the experience was nothing short of outstanding.

I'm surprised to read some negativity towards him, as I've seen/spoken to quite a few people who hold Dr Feller in similar esteem and got incredible results.

I'm currently 7.5months through hairline work with Dr Feller, and very pleased with how its progressing. I suffer from naturally mega-fine hair so it's certainly been a long road, but getting there...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160731-1-100-hairline-bulk-7-5month-update.html

I can't speak for Dr Rahal, but I've had 2 HTs with Dr Feller and the experience was nothing short of outstanding.

I'm surprised to read some negativity towards him, as I've seen/spoken to quite a few people who hold Dr Feller in similar esteem and got incredible results.

I'm currently 7.5months through hairline work with Dr Feller, and very pleased with how its progressing. I suffer from naturally mega-fine hair so it's certainly been a long road, but getting there...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160731-1-100-hairline-bulk-7-5month-update.html

I agree fully with you skinny and your hair looks awesome! :cool: Dr Feller is truly a real gentlemen with a great concern towards his patients own personal situation and he has given me back more than I ever imagined, not just my hair which looks as good as it did in my early 20's..but I never thought I would be able to start living a normal life again like I am now I am in my 30's. I had a terrible nightmare situation.. and he was a legend to me at solving the plugs I had by a UK clinic.

I cant really comment on other Dr's as I have only been to Dr Feller, but I can certainly recommend him and his team hands down as the most skilled team I could ever wish for.

I felt at ease from day 1 when I 1st started my repair journey with Dr Feller.. this set my mind at ease completely knowing I was in safe hands.

Take care everyone.. and keep smiling.. the most important thing is to be happy that I have learnt after not being happy for so long in the past.. :)

beforeandaterHT.jpg

Hey BadHairUK, yes I remember following your story with great interest on stophairlossnow (I was known as steveyd on there). Your transformation has been truly remarkable.

Very glad to hear you're well :)

Dr. Rahal. No doubt. I agree with Corvettester and roberthair, I haven't seen any complaints against him on the forums either.. Dr.Rahal is very ethical and full of good manners. Very passionate to patients and very understanding. Among all doctors from Shapiro, Hasson and Wong. I choosed him after 2 years research for a repair. When you mentioned hairline, everyone gave you one answer. RAHAL. His hairline design are amazing just like Armani, very artistic.

Go to Rahal buddy. You will get excellent HT plus good price as you mentioned. Mine will be this July hopefully (2200-2500 grafts). Once you go RAHAL you will get it ALL.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Each has a good reputation for a reason, so I'd advise you to go with whomever you feel most comfortable with and whose work you prefer. Although it is often said that travel shouldn't be a factor in your decision, for me, if there were two doctors who I thought were equal in skill, but one was closer/cheaper, I'd go with the closer/cheaper option.

Firstly, I think you'll find most people will agree (myself included) that both docs would do an excellent job. I had both Rahal and Feller as my top five choices along with H&W and Shapiro.

But here's a quick story about Dr. Feller: When I had my first HT with Joseph Karamikian, I went to consult with Dr. Feller afterwards to confirm whether I had bad work done. Dr. Feller confirmed for me that the guy used multis and minis in my hairline, and that he had given me far less grafts than promised. After the exam he took the time to write me a very nice, lengthy letter to use in court. He also gave me a list of other qualified HT surgeons who he insisted I contact in order to get other opinions (which I did). He was always there for me to answer any questions I had, and I ultimately chose him based on the quality of work, knowledge, and compassion. He also was a very active contributor on this forum at the time.

I have been back to him since for 2 other procedures (a small fue, and another strip session). I would not think twice about recommending him.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dr Rahal all day long, he is on fire lately i was very close to going with him my self but i went for hasson because his wow results go back a lot longer than anyones i've seen.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Some of Rahal's hairline work is the most dense and natural looking I've seen. Get's me wondering if (a) he's doing something other surgeons aren't or (b) these examples have limited hair loss and he's able to use much higher densities in smaller areas to create this effect.

I don't mean to be controversial, but it would be very surprising if Rahal knew anything technical that Feller didn't about how to perform an optimal transplant wouldn't it?

Saying that, HT 'science' seems to be at least as much empirical evidence based on years of performing transplants, which explains why one surgeon says it's fine to rub scabs off at 7 days whilst others (like Rahal) require that the scabs aren't touched for 2 weeks.

I'm guessing that the replies haven't made Ian's choice any easier, being favourable to both surgeons. :D

Ian, if you haven't already, you should send your photos to each doctor and then you'll have that bit more information to work with when making your decision.

If you live close to NY then it's a pity you didn't get to meet Dr Rahal, who was there on Friday. Maybe you could've seen both surgeons in one day. :)

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I'm a big Rahal fan but to be honest now i've seen these three hts together it's clear how rahal does such amazing work, he simply loads up a lot of grafts into a small area. Now hang on a minute haven't other surgeons been black balled and disgraced within forum communitys before for doing this and being reckless with grafts. I'm not saying Rahal is being reckless as this is the first time i've spotted this but is there a chance too many grafts are being used in these hairlines? Imo opinion we will never know for sure because we don't know how much donor these patients have but it's possible.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Magneto, Yes there are plenty FUE results with Dr. Rahal. I'm sure MattJ or Adrian can refer you to some if you asked. I bet Dr. Rahal is good in FUE as much he is good in strip. Cause at the end its all about handling the graft and implanting them into the balding area. Its just thats its $8 per graft I heard. Are you up to do FUE work?

However there is only one poster of an FUE procedure of Dr. Rahal at hairtransplantnetwork.com (Hair Restoration Site for MYFUE2010) ...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I disagree. First of all that's proof Rahal is able to give great density. Don't miss the point that patientes may wanted to have as big density as it is possibe so dr Rahal give them what they wanted. If I were them i would to like have also that big density as it is possibe.

The point I'm making is I'm sure everyone wants 4300 grafts in the front I definitely do but not many top surgeons do it a lot. now do we think only rahal is capable of doing this I think not it's more likely other surgeons are not wanting to use up too much of the donor supply. I have extreme laxity well above most other people, I just had 5300 removed and the back of my head is still sagging without me even moving it and I'm good for around 10000 grafts easy in total safely but I wouldn't dare use 4300 grafts in that area without seeing my full loss in the future.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

The point I'm making is I'm sure everyone wants 4300 grafts in the front I definitely do but not many top surgeons do it a lot. now do we think only rahal is capable of doing this I think not it's more likely other surgeons are not wanting to use up too much of the donor supply.

Even assuming that this is true (a proposition I'm far from sold on), the reality is that very, very few patients have the the kind of donor supply and hair characteristics necessary to provide top-end coverage of anything beyond a NW4 pattern. It might look OK in certain photographs from certain angles and with certain light, but by and large, once you go beyond NW4, you're not especially likely to have a cosmetically acceptable result anyway.

Guys like Rahal put 3,000 into the frontal third because, well, that's what it takes to make it look good! It's as simple as that. Besides, you have to remember that when Rahal puts 3,000 into the frontal third, that's usually only about 60 percent of what you had originally. So this idea that you could put less in the front and still achieve a cosmetically acceptable result is a fantasy.

Shadow, what you said was ridiculous. There are many patients, even some NW 7's, who have beyond a "cosmetically acceptable" result. I'm not promoting H&W here, but take a gander at their website (you know, the one with the HD photographs and videos of NW 6's and 7's) and then tell me those results aren't amazing.

What bonkerstonker said is absolutely accurate. The truly great doctors on this site are fully capable of creating low, dense hairlines, complete with closed temples. They just do so less frequently because of reasonable concerns about the future and how that hairline will look on an older man who continues to lose hair and has a depleted donor supply.

Nobody can predict the future. The only things we know are that hair loss is unpredictable and that grafts are finite. Those factors implore us to be cautious when undergoing a surgery and to use our limited grafts judiciously.