Dr. DORIN - FUE 1441 Grafts - 6 Month UPDATE

Previous thread: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158019-dr-dorin-1441-frontal-fue-14-days.html

1441 follicular units were extracted and transplanted to the frontal hairline region in one session. Of the 1441 grafts, 667 are singles, 661 doubles, and 113 threes. This result shows a total of 2,328 hairs after 6 months.

Presentationdd1441_Page_31.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_32.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_33.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_34.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_35.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_36.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_37.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_38.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_39.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_40.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_41.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_42.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_27.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_28.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_29.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_30.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_43.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_44.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_45-1.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_27.jpg.f6cf5883d60f91640e31dee614153011.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_28.jpg.c41b400ce1ea5e154dce9f92723eff91.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_29.jpg.604b4660a194e99968742af9347aa48a.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_30.jpg.78d27f4058775af483c50284ba0ea2e0.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_43.jpg.98529e9c1c14c636810636479e3350ad.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_44.jpg.9e3d13783908f985fc9bac4e637d249c.jpg

Presentationdd1441_Page_45.jpg.007edd40d93845bffd0be3bcad4002f3.jpg

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

The hairline looks amazing, and I'm sure it will thicken up some more in the coming months. However, and this is just nitpicking here, his donor does appear to be noticeably thinner in the after photos. That is surprising to me considering he only had 1500 grafts extracted.

Very impressive!

Great result for such a short amount of time. I bet he still has more to look forward to.

I'm always surprised to see exactly how much coverage approxiamately 1,500 grafts can give a person... it's really encouraging!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

thanks for the comments TC17....i appreciate your observation.......one of the main reasons for going with FUE on this patient is because of the uneven distribution of density (or patchiness) that exists natively in his donor area. Also, the contrast of gray & black hair lends to this appearance. If you closely examine his before pic you will notice these characteristics:

Copyofdorinfue27.jpg

If FUT was performed, even with hair worn a bit longer, there is high probablity for a linear scar to be noticeable given the natural state of his donor density and hair direction. Also at 6 months, neither the frontal region nor the donor area are considered fully evolved.

orangehair,

Thanks for responding to my concerns, I appreciate it. Is this man suffering from DUPA, or does he simply have very low donor density? Out of curiosity, do you know what his average donor density was prior to surgery? Last, approximately how many more grafts can be taken from his scalp without it appearing moth eaten?

corvettester,

Although we all know that hair diameter, skin to hair contrast, and a host of other factors influence how good a certain amount of grafts looks, I believe that some doctors are just plain better at producing cosmetically pleasing results with fewer grafts. True & Dorin are in that group of doctors who I believe get great results with a seemingly low number of grafts.

orangehair,

corvettester,

Although we all know that hair diameter, skin to hair contrast, and a host of other factors influence how good a certain amount of grafts looks, I believe that some doctors are just plain better at producing cosmetically pleasing results with fewer grafts. True & Dorin are in that group of doctors who I believe get great results with a seemingly low number of grafts.

Agreed!

Nuff Said.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

orangehair,

Thanks for responding to my concerns, I appreciate it. Is this man suffering from DUPA, or does he simply have very low donor density? Out of curiosity, do you know what his average donor density was prior to surgery? Last, approximately how many more grafts can be taken from his scalp without it appearing moth eaten?

corvettester,

What patient wouldn't want to achieve the result they desire and at the same time use less grafts, have an inconspicuous donor scar, pay for 1500 grafts as opposed to 2500 grafts, and ultimately have more in the "bank" for their future hair loss needs - while i do think each patient brings to the table a unique set of hair characteristics that flavor their success, we always strive to provide value and make the most of what each patient has to work with. Unfortunately, until we are able to increase donor supply, we are always dealing with a finite resource.

TC17 - to answer your questions, this patient just has un-uniform, lower density in his donor area, in going with FUE its likely that we could do another similar size treatment but after that he would probably have to wear his hair a bit longer.

Great for 6 months but i bet brushed back would show a few tales but still i'd be extremely happy with this. :D

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

tsakalos, bonkerstonker....thank you for having a look - your scrutiny is refreshing.

i will provide a hairline shot upon full development, i'm hoping his hair will have a bit more length to really provide a sense of the architecture and flow of the grafts.....will keep you posted*

Well done with it anyway. :)

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Lol ha ha ha it can be taken as 2 things one is a quite rude name for something, only someone with carnal knowledge would see one and the other is a headache. when the internet was first invented i tried using handles like my name darren and all the obvious handles like that but they were all taken so i thought i bet no one would have bonkerstonker and i was right so i've used it for the last 20 years.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

• 3 months later...

I have been following this post...any new updates?! Also...upon further inspection I was just curious to see how high the punches went in the donor area...were some of the punches above the "safe" zone? What I mean by "safe" zone was always that bump in the back of your donor area and below which is what I was told by many doctors. Is it possible to go above that as seems to be the case with this patient? I am considering FUE and this is one of my concerns esp if a patient can become a NW 5 or NW 6 where that top donor hair taken can be less permanent. Is there a way the Dr. can see whether the hair is ok to take out perhaps under microscopic lenses?! Please advise...thanks!

Is it true that you can have another FUE procedure in less time than a FUT procedure? I am aware that FUT takes about a good year before one can come back for another procedure but since FUE offers no real scarring...can someone come back for a second procedure in less time? Or is the recipient area the issue also in regards to healing for a year or so?

You need to let the recpient area heal properly especially if you're going to go into the same area again, so you need to wait about 9-10 months at the earliest. If you were to transplant into other regions that weren't worked on the first time then you could possibly do it sooner.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians