Hasson & Wong Question

Dan72

Hi all,

Obviously the reputation is 2nd to none! I am just wondering who does the surgery? I am assuming they are two different people? Is one of them any better than the other or equally as talented with the fantastic results we see?

Thanks!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Dan72/albums/496

July 2002 HT #1 - Bosley NY - 1800 Grafts

Feb 2011 HT #2 - Feller Medical - 2372 Grafts

July 2012 HT #3 - Feller Medical - 1702 Grafts (no pics as yet)

Dan,

Neither doctor does the entire procedure as it is a team effort. There is simply too much work for the doctor to do the entire procedure unaided. The doctors remove the donor strip, cut the blades to match the grafts and make the incisions. The technicians dissect the grafts and the lead techs place the grafts based on how and where the incisions are made.

"Who is better?" is subjective. Some people like Paul McCartney better while others like John Lennon but both are recognized as fantastic songwriters. Look at the photos and videos and come to your own conclusion based on cases that are similar to your own.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

If i was in your place, I would have picked Dr. Wong, I find him more experienced surgically as well he is the creator of the lateral slit technique. He also looks very kind guy, he was my 2nd option after Dr. Rahal. His results are very natural and impressive as in total not only in dense placement or hairlines. I believe Dr Wong is excellent in repairs that Jotronic himself had 3 ops with him.

So if you ask me, I will choose Dr. Wong, thats my personal opinion.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I've just finished surgery a hour ago with hasson the guy is a legend mate as a perfectionist and a person. Dr Wong is really nice and had a chat I think once you get in there you're winner for sure with either. It's a well oiled machine everyone works to a awesome standard the tech girls do the business and really care looking after u better than our mums and did overtime with me from 7 in morning while 12 midnight on rotating 20 mins shifts so they're always fresh working on me most other surgeries at clinics would have 1 girl tiring all day I had 9 to my self.:cool: :cool:

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I feel like I've lost my family now I'm out and back at the hotel it's that good everything is thought of for you I even got fed all day and even though I was extremely tired as I just got off plane the surgery was brilliant I enjoyed it i had 5300 grafts done and in the whole process didn't feel a thing I just watched blue ray DVDs all day. Mint!

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

In terms of skill and results produced these two docs are equal, imo. Bonkerstoner makes a valid point too: a ht doc MUST have a solid team of techs. Since these two share the same staff II'd say it has a lot to do with the similar quality of work being produced.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I thought about rahal as I've seen good results this last year but he doesn't go as big regular as hasson he's a dence packer machine and his results go back to 2003 when other surgeons said oh u can't do 4000 in a day. The best golfer is the most consistent and same with surgeons nobody had lifechanging results over 8 years constantly other than dr hasson so I realised just because rahal is doing a few good now that's nothing really why risk it with rahal and my mind was made up:cool:

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

"I thought about Rahal as I've seen good results this last year but he doesn't go as big regular as hasson he's a dense packer machine and his results go back to 2003 when other surgeons said oh u can't do 4000 in a day. The best golfer is the most consistent and same with surgeons nobody had lifechanging results over 8 years constantly other than Dr hasson so I realised just because rahal is doing a few good now that's nothing really why risk it with rahal and my mind was made up:cool: "

Excuse me buddy but i think you are wrong. Dense packer machine, Everyone knows Dr. Rahal is the dense packing king and that H&W are more into mature hairlines??? Dr Rahal can do mega sessions as much as H&W can make and his experience since 1995. How come you say that Dr. Rahal does few goods, I guess he has more posted results and never heard any complain on him online while the others had! Finally, why risk it with Rahal? Give me a break bro please.

Dr. Rahal can never be underestimated, do any poll and you will see the results by yourself. Dr. Rahal contacts patients by himself and deal with patients heads as its his own head with full care. He does the incisions and plants the hairs and close the scars with sutures even it took time because he knows it would give a better results.

So if its a H&W question between Hasson and Wong then why Rahal is on the line???

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Dr Rahal, Hasson and Wong are all top notch. They are clearly at the top of their profession. All 3 produce regularly fantastic results. I'm not sure you could chose between them. I had mine done by Dr Hasson and I would recommend him as I'm very happy with my results but if I'm being objective, I would say they are all clearly very, very good at what they do.

Well done for taking the plunge and seeing the main man himself. Wong & Rahal have brilliant reputations as well & no one here is saying anything negative about Rahal.

No one posts as many HD videos as H&W.

Hasson is the giga sessions king from what you see. Remember London Lad? Nearly 7800 grafts in one session! I will be choosing Hasson & going this year.

Congrats again & look forward to seeing your pics!

Hariri hi mate, above is just my opinion of why I chose dr hasson over rahal trust me it was a hard decision and from the sound of your tone and confidence you probably no more about rahal than me but like I said for me it was a choice between rahal and hasson and because I've seen great work from hasson for 9 years and only a year of rahal it doesn't mean rahal hasn't been doing great work before this year it's just he's only come on my radar this year but impressed me massively. Are you calm now pal lol.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

And to answer why rahal is on the line as you put it its because they were my final 2 surgeries once I'd ruled all the others anywhere in the world out. I then wanted 1 of them 2 and obviously would have had dr Wong if given him once Deciding to go with hasson and Wong. When I said why risk it I was saying in my own way why risk it with anyone other than who I consider to be the best in the world. Simples! Can we hug it out now mate? Ha

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Im cool bro, I aint mad at you haha. You got my hug lol. I dont argue with you, well being honest, Yes H&W is indeed the best hair transplant clinic in the world. But as individual talent, I find Dr. Rahal is more artistic and passionate into HT and provides more youthful beautifully dense packed hairlines. However Bonkerstonker, what made you chose Dr Hasson over Dr Wong? Im interested to know. What are the factors that made him win you interests?

Edited by HARIRI

My Hair Treatments:

I don't have any doubts that Rahal's aesthetic skills are on par with Hasson.

However, I chose Hasson primarily for 2 reasons: 1) he's aggressive on harvesting the maximum # of grafts 2) he's conservative on hairline design and is one of the few docs who seems to understand that high density is the most important issue for acheiving a truly natural look.

Yes, Rahal does generally create broader, dense packed, and more youthful looking hairlines. But how long will these results last before MPB takes its' toll on the rest of the hair behind it ? All we are seeing are the results TODAY, but what about years down the line ? Will these patients with these ultra youthful, broad hairlines feel that they made a wise decision 5, 10, or 15 years from now ?

I still believe that guys under 35 getting broad dense packed hairlines are absolutely crazy and taking a huge risk that will only become evident years from now when this forum may not even be here anymore. So it was absolutely imperative for me to choose a doc who has a conservative philosophy on what can realistically be acheived in the long term with limited donor hair. :eek:

I had a procedure with Rahal 5 months ago. It was over 5000 grafts and I was about a NW 5. I think I know what you mean by broad hairline which you think Rahal does. I assume you mean a wider arc as opposed to a smaller arc with more recession. For me, he put my hairline pretty conservative. Well above where my true hairline was. The arc is broad but because it was placed at an appropriate hight, it looks extremely natural, age appropriate and somewhat youthful all at the same time. It is very very natural and you would never suspect a HT. I know what you mean by going too agressive with risk of losing it down the road. I had nothing much left to lose on the front 2/3 and the vertex was about half gone. I am 5 months now and I am pretty floored at the results so far. It has come in pretty dense and I was able to get allot of coverage out of it with the front 2/3 done, vertex and the "crown "Dips" done. It did help that I had a density of 2.3 for a total of about 12000 hairs :)

Anyway, all of this is to say that I agree that going too agressive when there is risk of losing alot more is certainly bad but in my expierience, I did not have much more to lose and I was able to get pretty complete coverage with very good density in one pass with Rahal. This did not include the crown but its only thinning and the area is not very large so it does not bother me, I have over 5000 left in supply I am told so if/when I need to, I can get that done. Just because the hairline arc is wide does not necessarily mean it is agressive.

Take Care

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hariri good for you for making a great decision going to a world class doctor like Dr. Rahal. He is a great reputation amongst both patients and doctors.

Excuse me buddy but i think you are wrong. Dense packer machine, Everyone knows Dr. Rahal is the dense packing king and that H&W are more into mature hairlines???

Have you ever seen a Dr. Rahal patient? Have you ever seen a Dr. Hasson or Wong patient? I think Dr. Rahal is a great doctor but in no means in my opinion is he the dense packing King. Many doctor are able to dense pack huge numbers when the situation is right. I have witness many hair transplants and seen patients from many doctors.

So my experience is alot different than yours so I respectfully disagree if you are saying that Dr. Rahal is the dense packing king. Dr. Rahal is a great doctor that is able to pack dense number just like doctors like Dr. Hasson , Dr. Wong, Dr. Feller and Dr Shapiro and others.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I agree with Lorenzo. Saying Rahal is the dense packing king is not doing him any favors as it almost implies that he is very agressive when he is not particularly agressive in all cases. He certanly knows when to be and when not to be. That is part of what makes a good doctor.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

My new hair line has quite a lot of existing hair but now has 800 ht singles in first cm ark which will be good even without my existing hair. The only surgeon I ever seen waste loads of grafts in the hairline was Armani he did it a lot I don't know if you guys agree but I used to cringe at what I saw.

Hariri I've noticed over years hassons results to be extremely consistently good so stuck in my mind when it came to ht time but I never asked for him I felt I was a winner with both but if I'd of had a choice I'd of gone hasson over wong because he does the big session out of them both so thought they must be a reason for that.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Easy easy fellas. I pay my biggest respect to Dr. Hasson, Its just that I'm a Dr. Rahal fan you can say. I just didn't know why the question turned from Dr Hasson or Dr.Wong, to Dr. Rahal or H&W.

I wish if we can take it back to Dr. Hasson or Dr. Wong... So BONKERSTONKER and LORENZO, what made you guys chose Dr. Hasson over Dr. Wong. I think thats what DAN72 wants to know. Maybe you can help him! :-)

My Hair Treatments:

Hariri My post before this one on this thread explains what happened with choice of surgeon between Wong and hasson pal.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

First of all I didnt choose Dr. Hasson over Dr. Wong I chose Dr. Hasson over every other doctor in the planet.;) I chose him because he was the Prince of large sessions, the President of density and the Prime Minister of constitency. ;).

To be serious I first met Dr. Hasson when he was working for another clinic I believe around 1994. As most people that first started losing their hair I was freaking out even though the hairloss was mininum. I first contacted Bosley but at $19 a graft I could afford it. Dr. Hasson instantly saw me and send me home.

Years later I was again wanting a hair transplant as my hairloss started to progress. I read in a magazine about the flap surgery and had actually booked an appointment in Los Angeles with Fleming Mayer. I had actually booked the flight with three other friends for an appointment as well. The day before I recieved a call from the travel agent that stated that they made a mistake and the flight was booked solid. Looking back on it the travel agent mistake saved me.

So I decided to check around Vancouver again and found a place called Hasson and Wong. When I showed up for a consult I once again saw Dr. Hasson. I never even knew that it was the same doctor until I arrived. So I booked the appointment thinking that all doctor were the same. Back then the internet was not popular so I booked because of location. I was lucky to have H&W in Vancouver or else I would have been one of the many repair patients. So I didnt chose.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Lorenzo you're the luckiest person I've ever heard of you sound a lot like u were desperate to fix your hair before the technology had been properly invented and then to have dr hasson on your door step I'd be thanking god every day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1