Bad experience with Dr. Feller

JustAGuy

I gather that only proper technique matters and the character of the surgeon is of no importance.

Notice that most professional associations require of members to be of "good character" to be in good standing.

Corvettester,

Our site is dedicated to transparency and honesty with respect to both physicians and patients, so I am glad that this discussion involves both critical and non-critical insight from both patients and physicians. Because of this, I've felt as if my presence as a 'moderator' hasn't been necessary thus far. However, I did want to add a small point of clarification to your post and with regards to the Coalition:

As far as Coalition physicians are concerned, here are the requirements for consideration:

-A demonstrated capability to successfully perform large sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting using tiny incisions and grafts that are microscopically prepared.

-The ability to dense pack tiny follicular unit grafts in a given area when appropriate.

Mastery and control of the orientation and direction of the transplanted grafts to achieve a completely natural appearance.

-Dedication to doing state of the art hair transplantation exclusively or as the main specialty of the clinic.

-Excellent patient results demonstrating a high level of artistry and naturalness throughout.

-An outstanding reputation amongst colleagues and former patients.

-Exceptional Value - as determined by quality and pricing taken together

From how I understand it, the main controversies surrounding this situation stem from communication issues and a forum reply, not as much from any of the qualifiers listed above. Because of this, I simply wanted to share the above requirements and state that Dr. Feller, via proven results and a dedication to state-of-the-art techniques, has solidly earned a spot in the Coalition and I don't believe his recommendation status is what's being discussed here.

Just a quick point of clarification. If you have any additional questions or disagree, feel free to post or send me a private message. My goal here was simply to clear up any misconceptions regarding the Coalition.

Edited by Michael5577

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tester, i was around when both John Malloy and Badluck had issues with Dr Feller. As u prob can see, i am in no way affiliated to Feller but i just thought i should say something in case readers are misguided. Correct me if i am wrong, and its a long story i am not gonna write a book here, John Malloy and Badluck accused Feller of drugging them to sign the indemnity form. That was a serious case of defamation and I agreed Feller had to do something. It wasn't about lack of results. You can go back to the thread and verify. Hence, please do not say that Feller will sue online posters just because they accuse him of bad results or poor communication. Their accuses were far worse than what he is being accused of here.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

very intresting those that support the Dr. on this siutation.(you handle your business like that?)

..I dont care how the surgery turned out or if the patient seemed agressive on the phone..as a man and then as a professional pick the phone up and see what is happening to the person who gave you his dollars and trusted you with his scalp!

What kind of man ignores a telephone call from a person he did any sort of business with .. a patient no less.

No excuse.

wow, I've just been reading through all the posts on here.

JustAGuy - I'm truly sorry to hear about your problems, especially regarding the possibility of a 'failed' HT. I really hope you get to the bottom of it, and what the issue may be.

With regards to the communication problems and the various vitriol that's being directed towards Dr Feller as a result of this thread, I do feel it's my duty to defend the Doc from personal experience. I've had 2 HTs with him, the first in 2008, the second 6 months ago, and the experiences couldn't have been any more pleasant. Unbelievably friendly staff and good communication from the Doc with very thorough consultations, primarily through my initial dealings with Spex in the UK - the picture that some are painting of Dr Feller here is the opposite of the one I've had dealing with.

I've also been around on these forums for the last 4-5 years, and I've personally never come across a bad word said against the Doc. In fact, I had no hesitation in going with him, not just one, but twice.

Spex was a major, major help throughout - I'm based in the UK and I had several IN PERSON consultations with him to talk about my problems, and at the time, he was even travelling into London to meet patients. He advised on blood work, payment etc, was 110% responsive to every question or concern I had, and I went to Feller with the utmost confidence.

If you can't get through to Dr Feller, then speaking to Spex will definitely gauge an answer. I don't know if the guy actually ever sleeps!

Of course I can't speak for JustAGuy and I hate wading into an argument, but the way that Dr Feller appears to be getting verbally whipped with some seemingly too eager to jump on the bandwagon, I just feel that I have to add my two pennie's worth and stand up for him. I personally recommend him highly.

I hope that helps!

S

wow, I've just been reading through all the posts on here.

With regards to the communication problems and the various vitriol that's being directed towards Dr Feller as a result of this thread, I do feel it's my duty to defend the Doc from personal experience.

OK, but your personal experience really doesn't have anything to do with this particular issue. It's important to isolate the real issue here. The issue is not surgical quality. Nor, contrary to popular opinion, is it the reliability and consistency of communication. After all, sometimes, a person intends to handle a patient/client the right way but instead hires the wrong office people or experiences a personal problem or just plain doesn't know how to run a business very well. Those would all have been relatively benign failings----valid criticisms, yes, but also understandable and malleable. And had he come on here and said, "Look, I really blew it by not taking your call, and I'm sorry," this wouldn't be a big deal.

In fact, had he apologized and admitted blame, then this whole matter would be an ordinary quality-control issue, and your personal experience would have had some bearing on things. The problem is that he doesn't appear to see anything wrong with his behavior. In fact, rather than apologize, he gave us a fresh helping of peremptory arrogance. Thus, this isn't a quality-control issue at all. Rather, the whole thing seems to be a product of a deliberate philosophy, and that's the problem.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

Hi Guys

I feel saddened to have come across this post....l am 1yr post op after 3000 graft FUT with Doc Feller. I actually ended up with 3300 gratfs at no extra cost courtesy of the Doc and his team, however anybody who has researched his work will know this is far from uncommon. My own results are nothing short of fantastic and my journey with photo's is well documented within my profile....a journey that has been memorable for all the right reasons....down to my first contact with Spex and then onto consultation with Doc Feller and finally my ht.....during every stage of the process l was dealt with professionally with a great personal touch. Spex returned every call and email l made within a 24hr period and often within the first couple of hours. The Doc himself was brilliantly reassuring both during my consultation, op and post op follow up. He has answered my emails and forwarded pic's l requested quickly onto me, aswell as promptly return my calls either personally or via his staff....to be quite frank l am pretty miffed with the negative posts and can only say on my own behalf that the service l recieved from the Doc and all his staff from start to finish has been FIRST Class and the results of my HT by the Doc have been WORLD Class

I hope your personal results improve 'justaguy' and would suggest maybe your excessively negative comments could be borne from the frustration of your poor growth rather than Doc Feller and his team who have built up their excellent reputation over a number of years through the sheer quality of their work

Best regards

thoughtsbecomethings

Edited by thoughtsbecomethings

I hope your personal results improve 'justaguy' and would suggest maybe your excessively negative comments could be borne from the frustration of your poor growth rather than Doc Feller . . .

Are you actually suggesting that a patient doesn't have a legitimate expectation of having a phone call returned or that it's appropriate to dismiss the poster's gripe as "internet nonsense"?

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

10 years ago, I had dental surgery for less than $1000 yet the doctor still returned my post-op phonecalls and provided consistent, thoughtful communication, even a year later when I had questions about complications.

If you're spending $15,000-$20,000 on a surgery, you better believe you should expect customer service and treatment built into the cost. And if there are failings thereof, you should hope that the doctor consider it his duty to address them and apologize for them if necessary rather than dismissing them as "nonsense."

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Its tough to make a call here. I asked Spex long time ago for a quotation on grafts, and as usual, Spex got it answered by the good doc almost immediately. Maybe i am a potential patient ( business ) so i cannot judge based on my experience. I think it all boils down to bad communication. Prob JAG just wanted to speak to the doc abt a few general questions and Dr Feller prob thought he was concerned with his results, which obviously warranted an office consultation to ascertain what went wrong. It has nothing to do with the doc's etiquette so i think we should drop accusing him of that. Its just a bad luck case of poor communcation plus bad results hence the boil over of frustration.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I asked Spex long time ago for a quotation on grafts, and as usual, Spex got it answered by the good doc almost immediately.

One thing is clear... Spex can be a valuable resource. Even his response on this thread seemed appropriately measured.

I'm glad there's been some good discussion about this issue, and thank you again for those that have expressed support for my frustration. It does take some of the sting out of my experience.

For those taking the opposite tack -- I appreciate that since you don't know the story first-hand, you can't necessarily feel comfortable believing me, and that's fine. Though by the same token, neither is it really fair for anyone to attack me without knowing the story first-hand, either.

I do want to suggest that some other posters recognize that even if they had a great experience, it's possible that others didn't. It doesn't have to be the case that Dr. Feller's communication is either consistently stellar or consistently lacking. In can be somewhere in the middle. In fact I think that's what's the case. I just know that my own experience was bad -- and that it wasn't a one-time problem. As I explained in my first post, it was difficult to impossible for me to speak to Dr. Feller by phone on each of three separate occasions: pre-consult, post-consult, and post-op. My attempts to talk to him by phone were just consistently bad, plain and simple.

However is there ANY reason you didnt post here sooner with your questions to gain attention or answers or even email me??

Why would I? Dr. Feller did my surgery, so naturally he's the one (and the only one) I thought I talk to. I thought I could get better information from him than from strangers on a message board. And I thought the best way to get in touch with him was the obvious way, calling his office. Truthfully, after leaving messages for his office directly with his receptionist for several weeks, and having had this exact same problem two previous times, it never entered my mind that I should try to contact someone who doesn't work in his office and is listed as a "UK Consultant". (Now I see that you do more than that, but even so, why would I think that going through you would be more successful than going through the receptionist?) And frankly, it does seem like you're trying to divert the blame to me by asking why I didn't contact you, as though that's some failing on my part. But I just can't feel that I did anything wrong by simply trying to contact the doctor that performed my surgery at his office.

Anyway, when the dust settles all I'm hoping is that Dr. Feller either makes sure to do a phone visit with any post-op patient who asks for one (and he can certainly charge them for it if he prefers), or else simply informs patients clearly during the initial consult that he's not available to talk to them post-op by phone after X months after their surgery, and that any future consultation will necessitate a trip to his office in New York. Though judging from his responses to this thread, it's hard to say whether either will happen or not.

Edited by JustAGuy

JAG, lets not make it a pro feller against feller discussion here. As u can see, some of those so called 'supporters' are using this chance to again malign Feller. The post from tester said it all. The John Malloy and Badluck cases were already under the bridge and he has to rake it up and hinted that Feller sues patients who posted their bad results online. I have been in the forum long enough and had been involved in those threads as well. Imagine a newbie coming online and having to read that! The sole reason the lawsuits came up was that both of them accused Feller of drugging them and thats a very severe accusation. I am not sure what Tester's agenda is about and its the least interest of mine to start an online spat but it is wat is it. Your posts are now leaving holes for Feller's haters to come in and add fire to fuel. Seriously u sound like a reasonable person, do u wish for that to happen?

Next, u said why would u want to contact Spex instead of the doc? Yes i get that, but since u are not getting your way via the receptionist, why not try Spex?? You can jolly well ask Spex your questions and i am sure he would have done something about it.

My best guess is that Dr Feller is of the idea that u are troubled with your transplant and that warranted a face to face meeting but on the other hand, all u wanted was a bit of time to speak to him on a few general questions. Its a miscommunication issue and nothing to do with etiquette and such, so can we all be mature adults and move on?

• Moderators
please do not say that Feller will sue online posters just because they accuse him of bad results or poor communication. Their accuses were far worse than what he is being accused of here.

Just wanted to note that I was also threatened with a lawsuit by Dr. Feller, so that makes at least 3.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

The post from tester said it all. The John Malloy and Badluck cases were already under the bridge and he has to rake it up and hinted that Feller sues patients who posted their bad results online. I have been in the forum long enough and had been involved in those threads as well. Imagine a newbie coming online and having to read that! The sole reason the lawsuits came up was that both of them accused Feller of drugging them and thats a very severe accusation. I am not sure what Tester's agenda is about and its the least interest of mine to start an online spat but it is wat is it. Your posts are now leaving holes for Feller's haters to come in and add fire to fuel. Seriously u sound like a reasonable person, do u wish for that to happen?

My best guess is that Dr Feller is of the idea that u are troubled with your transplant and that warranted a face to face meeting but on the other hand, all u wanted was a bit of time to speak to him on a few general questions. Its a miscommunication issue and nothing to do with etiquette and such, so can we all be mature adults and move on?

WB280,

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

JAG was attacked for simply and civilly stating his bad experience with Dr. Feller. This isn't the first time this has happened.

I'm sick of seeing this on the HTN. This forum is designed for such purposes. The moment anyone has a complaint against a coalition doctor, he is denounced as a liar! As if coalition doctors are beyound criticism.

You cannot call someone a liar for stating their bad experience. I don't care if everyone else had a positive experience with Dr. Feller, it has no bearing on JAG's experience.

Further, this is the third time in five months that a former patient of Dr. Feller has made complaints against his practice. Each time Dr. Feller's response, and that of his fanboys, is to denounce them as liars and mudslingers and take no responsibilty for their poor experience.

Also, WB280, it appears to me that you are trying to downplay this to an unfortunate case of "miscommunication." It's not. To repeat, this is the third time in five months. Thus, JAG has a right to be heard.

Regarding Badluck and John Mallory, you clearly oversimplify their cases. However, this is not the place to go into it. I simply encourage all readers to view the threads for themselves and to read Dr. Feller's own words regarding the matter... you may be shocked as I was to read how Dr. Feller responded!

So, yes, I think it is important to let all the members of the community know that Dr. Feller publicly threatened to sue posters for defamation.

It is Dr. Feller's strong-arm tactics and that of his fanboys that I am against. All of these threads could have remained civil had it not been for Dr. Feller taking them to the dogs with his bullying and arrogance.

I'm not alone in thinking that this is no way for a doctor to comport himself publicly. I mean, go back and read the doctor's own words... and then his backtracking on his "typos." Pathetic, if you ask me.

Lastly, I want to comment on the logical fallacy of posters having "agendas" on the HTN. I often come across posters being accussed of having "agendas" for simply disagreeing with the majority!

What kind of nonsense is this? If you want to play it out to it's logical conclusion, then doesn't that mean that all the fanboys have agendas too?

Again, my original concern is not with the veracity of JAG’s experience, but with Dr. Feller’s crude treatment of his former patient. Dr. Feller has no right to speak the way he has on this forum.

This is my opinion; I'm entitled to it. I know I'm not alone in it. Many of us are fed up with the "yes-men" culture on the HTN.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester
Grammar and Spelling

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Dr. Feller sure seems to be the most polarizing doctor on this site. I'm not going to take sides in this discussion because I don't have a dog in the fight, but I think Dr. Feller's response should have been more well thought out.

As for the agenda against Dr. Feller, I agree with Spex that one exists. I base that belief on the fact that people love to jump in and attack him at any opportunity. However, I think the general anti Feller sentiment is a large result of the fact that Dr. Feller has a tendency to come across as arrogant, and he has been known to belittle posters and other doctors on this site.

tester, i believe i know wat i am talking abt more than wat u r talking abt yourself!

Ok, abt the john malloy and bad luck cases, you started bringing them up and just stated they were threatened with law suits. A logical reader of those threads would ve known that the SOLE reason for the lawsuits was due to defamation in which they accused Feller of drugging them. If there is no agenda, why bring up the case but not clarify? TC17 is correct, there apparently is an agenda.

Look, i am not pro feller. There is no benefit in me in doing so, i am not affiliated to him in any way, i am just here to prevent agenda driven pple like u from misinterpreting facts to educate new posters the wrong way.

Moreover, i did not for once denounce JAG as a liar. I am trying to ask him to look from another perspective. If he does not, so be it, i am not labelling him a liar, please get your facts right before u make any more untrue statements.

You accused others of having agendas? Who was the one who raked up Badluck and John Malloy and talked abt lawsuits et al? Enough said.

I respectfull request u to discuss on JAG's case and not bring in any other agenda against Feller.

Hi Spex, i seriously do not want to get myself involved in online spats, especially when the surgeon being discussed is not even the one who operated on me. However, agenda driven people are what this forum should do without and i just cannot stand these people posting irrelevant and untrue facts to mangle the doc's reputation.

JAG has a problem and he is posting online, fine, he has the freedom of speech. However, agenda driven are using this chance to jump on the bandwagon to throw fire into the flame to turn this into a pro feller against feller spat, which is completely unnecessary.

We are all adults, posters and readers have minds of their own and i trust they can pinpoint whats right and wrong, i will not waste any more time arguing with them.

Edited by wb280

• Moderators

It's not that some people have an agenda against Dr. Feller. The problem is they think the Dr. should be a little more understanding of patients who have questions or concerns. After JAG posted that he's been unable to speak to the Dr after several attempts, Dr Feller came on and basically said he does not talk to patients after their procedure. It was very unprofessional and made JAGs post even more believable since there is Dr Feller agreeing that he will not have a phone conversation with a patient who spent thousands of dollars on a procedure. I think Dr. Feller should have said something like the following:

----

JAG,

I apologize for the run around you've been getting. I normally don't do phone consultations because I can't give much relevant information without actually seeing and examining you in person and that is why the receptionist did not set one up. However, since you do live far and it would be an inconvenience for you to get here just to voice some concerns, I told my receptionist to go ahead and set up a phone appointment with you. Just call the office and she will set it up and we will get this done and hopefully get you some answers.

----

Now if Dr. Feller would have posted something like that, then the entire rest of the postings here would have been about how great Dr. Feller is and that he really takes care of his patients. Instead it went the opposite way.

You can look at all of my old posts that deal with him and I have always said that I think he does great hair transplants, so I don't have any "agenda". However while he does great HTs, he can use some help in his response and reaction to patients who aren't totally thrilled with the HT or who still have some concerns.

Edited by BeHappy
spelling

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

If you're going to attack Dr. Feller like this, I think it's fair to expect that you're going to post more than one crappy photo. How could anyone judge your result with just one photo? I don't blame the doctor for being ticked off at the attack on him.

You miss the point pal he's not blaming him for the bad result. :D

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Spex,

You are an employee of Dr. Feller: you are paid for your opinions. I am not.

You, of all people, have no right to accuse anyone of an agenda. The hypocrisy is almost too much for me!

You have free reign to post you praise and accolades of Dr. Feller and you do so almost to the point of fanaticism. The HTN is cheap advertising space for you. Your inability to accept criticism is disingenuous and self-serving.

To suggest that I have an agenda is absurd and insulting. What might my motivations be? I’ll make it easy for you: my motivations are to support free expression of opinion and experiences with HT doctors without fear of reproach or litigation.

By the way, a “cheap shot” as you referred to my posts, is by definition an indirect and roundabout action… as epitomized in your comment to WB280 regarding my statements. If you have something to say to me Spex, direct it to me.

I have been very direct with my criticism of Dr. Feller and I will continue to be direct in the future. My reasoning is clear—everyone knows how and why I think what I think. I don’t need to rely on cheap shots or innuendo.

Thus, I’d be very careful talking about the “actual facts” if I were you as they are easily researched by anyone on the forums. They will be able to see in Dr. Feller’s own words how he addresses criticism. Thus, I encourage all members to research the cases of Badluck, John Mallory and JustAGuy.

I am glad to discuss my opinions on Dr. Feller’s behavior to anyone at any time, in person or online. In fact, that is what I am doing now. Everyone knows who I am. I’m not hiding anything. Of course, for obvious reasons, it’s generally not recommended that posters give out their personal details.

However, I really don’t see the point in discussing this in person. I stand by my words in person and online. I try my best to make my arguments as clear and concise as possible. I see no sense in getting off of the forums as the forums give us all a clear record of each party’s position and argument.

As many posters know, I live in Brooklyn, NY. However Dr. Feller is located in Great Neck, NY which is a suburb and certainly not local. Please do not ever equate a Long Island suburb with NYC. Regardless, there is no reason to discuss in person any of this. I really don’t understand why you would even suggest that.

If Dr. Feller does not like to discuss things online, then why does he continue to do so? Why is “behind a keyboard” fit for posting his successes but not his failures? I personally don’t see anything wrong with it as it allows each party time to craft a clear, concise argument. Are you suggesting that this forum is somehow unfit for such discussions? If so, I disagree.

Spex, you said:

Question is have these people ever met Dr Feller in person or ever had surgery performed by him, im guessing not. Yet they seem only too vocal and quick to jump on ANY negative topic about him, yet never to be seen on ANY of the many positive topics. Why is that...?”

I have never met Dr. Feller nor have I ever had a procedure by him. I have, however, read in his own words his responses to former patients and I was very disappointed.

Furthermore, praise abounds for his work on positive topics. Dr. Feller has never suffered from lack of praise on these forums. That I choose not to join in is my prerogative. However, on a personal note, his fanboys never really sat well with me, their praise borders that of fanaticism in my opinion.

“Dr Feller has an open door policy to ALL always has, always will - and im sure he would only be too happy to meet in person with these posters rather from behind a keyboard. I recommend they make an appointment to meet the Dr in person and discuss the reasons behind their hate towards him being as they live locally before commenting further and at least meet Dr Feller in person to discuss their issues face to face. Would that not be the appropriate thing to do?”

Actually, I don’t think that would be the appropriate thing to do. Besides, it appears to be very difficult for former patients to get an interview with him, so I can only imagine what it would be like for others.

Spex, there is no shadowy network of conspirators and online trolls out to defame Dr. Feller as you seem to suggest. I’m not out to ruin his reputation, he does that well enough without my help.

I never got involved in BadLuck or JAG’s cases until after I read Dr. Feller’s shocking, condescending and crude responses to them! I simply couldn’t believe it and I still don’t. Who does he think he is? Who talks to people like that? He has no concept of customer service or people skills whatsoever!

In my profession, I deal all day long with wealthy, high-maintenance clients on the Upper East Side of NYC. No matter how unreasonable their requests or complaints, I always speak to them with respect and deference. I always take a conciliatory attitude and approach no matter how difficult they are. That is what it means to be a professional. This lack of professionalism and respect is evident in Dr. Feller’s correspondences with JAG.

I can only form my opinion, like anyone else, by the statements made by each party. When someone praises Dr. Feller or any doctor, I take them at their word. However, how could I not, in good faith, apply the same criteria when the poster is unhappy? Why is it that only successful patients get the benefit of the doubt? I see this all the time on HTN and I’m fed up with it.

It is clear to anyone that Dr. Feller usually produces excellent results, hence his reputation. However, the fact that he so militantly refuses to accept criticism speaks just as loudly. I have high standards. I expect so much more from a coalition doctor. His response is unacceptable and an apology to JAG is in order.

Spex, you’re really digging yourself as well as your reputation in a hole. You are not the only doctor advocate on HTN. I know of others that work with integrity and not as apologists for less than stellar care.

When H&W have less than optimal results, Joetronic is the first one to admit it and sympathetically address the patient concerns, openly to the HTN community. There is no “you should call me, Joetronic the guy on the forums.” There is no blaming the victim.

I’d like to end this post with an anecdote. I recently came across an interesting case from Hasson & Wong with a dissatisfied patient. I think the way they handled it was exceptional and should be viewed as the gold standard of customer service in the HT industry. I mean, after all, no doctor or clinic is infallible. It is how they handle mishaps and mistakes that is the true measure of their integrity.

The poster, “hair_me_out” a patient of H&W, had less than optimal results and a larger than usual donor scar. Joetronic got on the forum, acknowledged the poor result and unacceptable scar, took responsibility for it on behalf of H&W, immediately offered to make it right at no charge to the patient, and followed up and through with his promise.

I read later by the patient that Joetronic had even taken him out to dinner the night before his repair procedure.

Now that is quality care!!!

You see, at no point did Joetronic even slightly insinuate that the patient was at fault or had malicious intent in bringing his case to the community. He didn’t badmouth hair_me_out; he didn’t call him a liar. He took responsibility, now that is accountability! In my opinion, this case epitomizes integrity, transparency and quality care.

Any doctor, clinic or doctor representative could learn a lot from Joetronic and the folks at H&W. I hope you can too, Spex.

Corvettester

Some of us WB280 are more sensitive about a guy who has a bad result and has to live with it, someone who in his agony didnt have support from his doc unless he flew over the US to go there, someone who spend 15000 dollars on a procedure than a doctor who might not make extra thousands of dollars through advertisement on the internet because of bad publicity.

His doc already wished him good luck and goodbye cause he shared his story online. If this is a real patients community for the patients we are not gonna give up on him as well. Amazing some years ago when somebody posted his unhappiness online the doc would be begging the patient to come back to fix him for free, now they seem arrogant and vengeful to those who share their stories with us. Maybe we pamper and praise the docs too much and think they are invincible to online reviews.

After all this agenda talks and smoke thrown around i believe justaguy 100%! I also believe Feller is a great surgeon and as good as they come but thats the problem...it seems thats this is as good as they come. There are failed procedures for reasons beyond their control and if you end up there you are basically lost. No refund just come back and go under the knife again. And if you complain online then a goodbye and good luck is thrown to your face by the doc along with the forms you signed beforehand releasing him from any responsibility. thanx for your money and bye bye

no thanx i wont take i am not that desperate...thank you for sharing your story justaguy it was an invaluable lesson that some things dont get better throught the years they actually can get worst! take care all

Corvettester,

It is YOU that does NOT know what you are talking about, seriously! Regardless of whatever little circle of trust you think you belong to. Can you honestly say you know ALL the FACTS regarding the cases you bring about so flippantly . Yes or No? - simple answer.

I take it you do not wish to meet Dr feller face to face to discuss your opinion with regards to your resentment towards him and your opinion on how he defends himself online after so many different attacks on his character, reputation and business.

Spex,

What Don’t You Get ???

What is so difficult to understand?

I freely admit that I do NOT know every detail of the case! My complaint is based exclusively on Dr. Feller’s response to his patients!

Get this through your head man, really!

I know only what I have read from Dr. Feller in his own words and let me tell you something, it stinks! His arrogance and ego disgust me!

My second complaint is how the community demonizes anyone who complains against Dr. Feller. When members praise his work and care, nobody questions it. However, when they criticize it, they are denounced as liars.

There is really nothing else to it. Stop trying to change the subject. At no point have I ever commented on Dr. Feller’s results or ability. It is how he treats people on this forum that I am so disgusted with.

It’s only fair to mention that JAG is not alone in his complaints.

Lastly, I take all posts at face value. If JAG said he had a bad experience, I accept that. If he said he had a good experience, I accept that too. I’m not taking sides.

It’s Dr. Feller’s crude behavior that I take issue with. Do you understand now?

Corvettester

I agree with corvettester.. 77 replies, thats must be a hot thread for real. I wish every HT clinic has an online member like jotronic.

Nothing personal about SPEX, your good buddy, Its just that i too don't like Dr Feller manners and way of reply. One thing to share, I had a list of 5 surgeons, I limited my choice to two, which are H&W and Rahal, not only because of the results, but because H&W had an active online very friendly guy (jotronic) while Rahal, the Dr. himself was down to earth and talked to me for 30 min answering every single question i made without any complain and was very helpful and caring to my circumstances, Thats why i directly chose him. Direct contact to patient and being nice to them when they are in need to you is the key of success. Sarcastic comments to frustrated patients is not pleasing.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]