14th month Final update !!! a hopeless case closed !!

Mr.Nk

If this had happened to me then my first priority would be to determine whether it was my fault or not. It is simply not logical to say no one is at fault for an outcome like this as there simply has to be some explanation.

The way I see it there are two possibilities: 1) this HT failed due to poor patient physiology, or 2) it failed due to something that occured at the clinic that day that was a mistake that someone who works there has to be responsible for.

If it is the latter, then the only way to prove it is to get a HT at another clinic and if the results are great then you have your answer. And if it fails again then you know it is the former.

I think newbies on this site contemplating a HT need to understand that there is a chance that you could pick a surgeon listed here, pay 10-20K$, have a failed result after waiting for 14 months, and then at best be offered a free sugery as compensation. So if it goes wrong you wont get your $ back, and you also wont get those 2, 3 , or 4 thousand grafts back either. You need to seriously ask yourself how would YOU psychologically handle that ? It seems most everything is in favor of the clinics and the patient's rights are very minimal, and you are indeed taking a big gamble putting your head and your wallet in the hands of any one of these docs/clinics.

So when I tell people to choose their surgeon wisely I really, really mean it! If anyone were to ask me which clinics on this site I would trust with my head, I have a list of only three. And the one I chose to go with was quite far ahead (IMO) of the other two, so it was a no brainer.

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

yes but the clinic could have done everything perfect....but some people will not get results with a hair transplant....everyones bodies and potentials are different.....and obviously not perfect so sorta stuff happens unfortunately

ES,

Yes, a patient's physiology can play a role in the outcome of a hair transplant. But the variables responsible for causing poor growth in this scenerio are unknown. This is what all hair restoration physicians refer to as the "X-Factor". Saying that a physician or patient is at fault for the patient's physiology would be nonsensical.

There are however, a few scenerios where one could be at fault.

The physician would be at fault if he and/or his technicians actually did something wrong (like mishandling the grafts) during the actual procedure that led to infection and/or poor growth. Additionally, the patient would be at fault if he/she did something wrong before or after the procedure that hindered healing and growth. That's why it's imperative that patients follow the pre-operative and postoperative instructions provided by their physician.

ES, all physicians have cases of less than optimal growth. So while physician selection is extremely important, it doesn't eliminate the potential risks. Otherwise, there'd be no real paperwork for patients to fill out prior to the procedure consenting to the possible risks associated with the procedure.

Thankfully, necrosis or other infections are extremely rare from hair transplant surgery as is poor growth. When these situations do occur, I do feel that it is important for physicians to scrutinize their surgical procedure and technicians to make sure nothing went wrong during the procedure. However, a quality physician is someone who consistently gets good results (despite some cases of poor growth which every octor has) and someone who stands behind their work to make things right if/when these rarer cases occur.

Best wishes,

Bill

In my opinion the most important thing for you now is to take action, either meaning that you get your money back and go to another doctor or something else, ACT NOW OR AS SOON AS YOU CAN. It is always good to consult other people as well, maybe family or friends also.

I agree with Danne. Noone cares for you as your friends and family maybe they can help you and make you more active in demanding your rights. Tell the whole story to people close to you and speak to a LAWYER. Dont accept the roll of the dice BS you had necrosis that was dangerous for your health not only for your grafts, you should focus on getting your money back at least. Why should you be the only looser in this?

If you go to a HT doctor and have a procedure and it results in a terrible infection and poor growth why on earth would you go back to that doctor?

If I were the OP I would ask for all of my money back and go see another doctor.

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

• 1 year later...
Dear NK,

I have been telling you from the first day that, though people say you need to wait for the final result till 14 months but in my heart I know you won't get the results I guarantee. Anyway, as always I would adive you once again to kindly come to the clinic and lets give you a complimentary surgery and make you happy.

This is surgery and every now and then say less than 2% people will have less than optimal results. I stand beside them and finally almost every one goes happy.

I am not sure what this means, complimentary surgery? why would i go back to a doctor who couldn't get it right the first time around.We are not talking about an oil change here, you are operating on someone else's body.

Any updates or knowledge about Mr NK? Did he just move past the whole thing, or did he take the Doctor up on his offer? Anybody?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

If you go to a HT doctor and have a procedure and it results in a terrible infection and poor growth why on earth would you go back to that doctor?

If I were the OP I would ask for all of my money back and go see another doctor.

I agree with that...seriously after 14 months of feeling terrible who would go back to the same doctor? It may not have been the doctors fault but either way I can understand not wanting to risk it again.

To be honest guys, I have to agree. Under no circumstances am I "bashing" the Doctor involved, or any Doctor in a similar scenario. But, its not just the finance that's the issue, in fact more so its the many many months of feelings/expectations/disappointments, and then obviously if this then evolves into skin issues that concern your greater health in general, then I think that the majority, me included would think twice and wouldn't be comfortable going back to the same Doctor, even if the Doctor and his team did no wrong, and therefore could not be "blamed" for the problems. However, in such a delicate area that is hair restoration procedures, I personally believe that in circumstances such as these, the patient should be reimbursed for their "investment". I'm not talking about this Doctor in particular, I'm talking generally. I also understand that it is not black and white, and this would create a grey area regarding patient expectations against results, but I think that this case when considering its results are pretty black and white.

Also, lets be honest, the majority of the Doctors here, that have their own clinics, are earning millions each year. I don't dispute that this is deserved, and that they have dedicated their whole lives to get to where they are, and their reputations are on the line each and every day. I have nothing but the up-most of respect for these Doctors. But the patient that has saved for five years for his operation, and experienced their own journeys of doubt/nerves/fear, only to then go through the issues that this patient did. I believe that it would be appropriate to reimburse the patient and wish them well in their future choices. The amount of money that we are talking whilst "huge" to the majority of patients, would not be missed by the Doctor. Obviously, that is a presumption, and 100% none of my business, and please please understand, I am not anti Doctors in anyway. Of course you can not please 100% of patients 100% of the time, but this is not the "mainstream", it is a very unique case and therefore could be handled in a "unique" fashion. Just my opinion!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

Mr. NK-

I wish the best for you buddy!

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread and I am terribly sorry for Mr.Nk having unsatisfactory results.I hope something very optimistic has happened to him by now.BUT having said I found it immensely admirable and sincere of his surgeon Dr.Mohmand to stand by his work and provide the patient with the best possible offer that anyone can.NO surgeon in this world can provide 100% guarantee of successful outcome regardless of the kind of surgery.An unfortunate case of a credible honest doctor!