14th month Final update !!! a hopeless case closed !!

Mr.Nk

Hey everyone !!

Well the golden time is over which everyone kept telling this last year that 'wait for 14 months .. a miracle will happen' ... well i guess the pics speak for itself !!

i had a terrible last year and now iv decided im just gonna accept this growth and move on with my life ..start getting worried about other stuff rather than staring at the mirror .. looking for any new black spot on my scalp ..! stop getting depressed that iv wasted my money for this !!

still sometimes do think if they can atleast return 50% of my amount .. lol :)

i havent seen my doctor for the last 6 months and neither they have approached me .. so i guess this case is nicely handled ;)

Not a single person in this last year noticed that i got hair transplant and atleast 50 ppl told me to get a transplant .. lol .. these 50 ppl dont know what iv already been thru :)

well guys thanks for the support last year .. it was a great experience sharing my sad stories here .. it really helped me pass this one year !! if anyone goes thru this horrible experience of necrosis and funny growth .. you can always contact me thru email .. ill be happy to help anyone thru this time !!

i have all the best of wishes for Mr.Humayun Mohmand and i really pray from my heart that no one goes through experiences like mine !!

wishing you all the best of wishes with your transplant !!

Mr.Nk case is officially closed !!

1.jpg.77fcda7c90b122e9e529b01da700e602.jpg

2.jpg.01bc3c4b8b32adba9af82da3b388dc0b.jpg

3.JPG.5ebfaa6923347552ba5edbd0d29fc086.JPG

4.JPG.0ec08ec3fd271bb0f1f3da802930a8ff.JPG

5.JPG.8f458fcfdfaa5739a36f7353197a9bdb.JPG

6.JPG.dd1fb41172a06150caeb169dfca19ae7.JPG

Mr. NK, Really sorry your HT did not work out for you and you had to go through this. have you tried buzzing your hair down to around a number 4 or 5 to see ow it looks? You'd be surprised at how a nice, neat (but not skin tight), buzz cut can freshen your appearance.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Mr NK

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Has your doctor said anything about your lack of growth? Have you tried to contact him? He is a "coalition doctor" isn't he? Perhaps HTN can contact him on your behalf. You didn't have a lot of grafts but it is clear you have had a low yield.

SR

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

Mr. Nik I have been following your story from the beginning. From your original excitement to your necrosis. I dont know what I could say to lift your spirits. I think the photos say it all and you are 100% correct being upset. I hope you get some kind of closure to this whole issue and move on with your life.

I am shocked if what are saying is correct. You have not talked to the doctor in 6 months? In my opinion you should get all your money back.

Anyways thanks for sharing the story and I wish you the best.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I'll have to second what Lorenzo posted on this one.

I have followed this case as well and do not believe that this would have happened at the clinic I had my surgery with.

IMO this was tech related and not any fault of the patient.

Mr NK, I wish you the best sir!

For any newbies out there seeking to save $ on a HT, cases like this one should make you think twice about who you choose to do your surgery.

Thank god for this forum because otherwise you might never be aware of them.

Um. E.s. before you thank this forum, you should realize he went to a coalition doc

Um Dr. Mohmand is not a coalition doc nor do I even believe he is recommeded

Quality hair restoration physicians take a look.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Um Dr. Mohmand is not a coalition doc nor do I even believe he is recommeded

Quality hair restoration physicians take a look.

His name is listed in the top right hand corner of the these pages under "Find a Great Surgeon in your Area - Recommended Surgeons"

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

MR.NK,

I have also been following your progress from the beginning and had been hoping for the best. I'm very sorry to hear that your hair transplant has failed.

I do urge you to not give up. Dr. Mohmand has pledged to stand behind you and do everything in his power to resolve the situation to your satisfaction. If there is anything I can do to help, please PM or email me: service@hairtransplantnetwork.com

Guys,

While Dr. Mohmand is not a member of the Coalition, he is recommended by our community. These classifications are not synonymous.

Click here for a list of all recommended and Coalition physicians.

Please be aware that Dr. Mohmand is aware of Mr.NK's sub-par results and has publicly pledged to stand behind his work in both of the following discussion threads.

a sad 6 month update !

A vEry saD 8th month update ..

My hope is that MR.NK will reach out to him and take him up on his offer.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Stingray as I stated I said I dont believe that he is a recommeded but I was sure that he was not in the coalition. So the original comment

Um. E.s. before you thank this forum, you should realize he went to a coalition doc

This comment is incorrect that is all I was saying. Whether he was recommeded or not I was not sure but since I didnt find it I believed he wasnt.

It really sucks if NK got the name from the search and if he would have looked a little deeper into the coalition or Iahrs he would not be in this situation. You sound pretty down man. At least your hair looks natural. My first hack job was terrible and was completely not natural.

Like they said buzz it down far enough so the scar is not evident and it will look much better and you can call it a day since your hair is natural looking or maybe someday get a repair from a good doc like I am going to get, hopefully...

Your story has ruined my honeymoon and the thought of another hack job is concerning me but I really can't look worse.

How does one get necrosis from a HT?

Are there preventative measures from getting necrosis besides getting a good doc?

Edited by TroyPolamalu79

HT #1 Unknown Butcher (1998)

Total about 1500

-------------------------------------------------------------

HT #2 Dr. Alexander (2011)

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

Hey everyone !!

Well the golden time is over which everyone kept telling this last year that 'wait for 14 months .. a miracle will happen' ... well i guess the pics speak for itself !!

i had a terrible last year and now iv decided im just gonna accept this growth and move on with my life ..start getting worried about other stuff rather than staring at the mirror .. looking for any new black spot on my scalp ..! stop getting depressed that iv wasted my money for this !!

still sometimes do think if they can atleast return 50% of my amount .. lol :)

i havent seen my doctor for the last 6 months and neither they have approached me .. so i guess this case is nicely handled ;)

Not a single person in this last year noticed that i got hair transplant and atleast 50 ppl told me to get a transplant .. lol .. these 50 ppl dont know what iv already been thru :)

well guys thanks for the support last year .. it was a great experience sharing my sad stories here .. it really helped me pass this one year !! if anyone goes thru this horrible experience of necrosis and funny growth .. you can always contact me thru email .. ill be happy to help anyone thru this time !!

i have all the best of wishes for Mr.Humayun Mohmand and i really pray from my heart that no one goes through experiences like mine !!

wishing you all the best of wishes with your transplant !!

Mr.Nk case is officially closed !!

What is wrong with you? Dr Mohmand said he would give you another surgery for free....why don't you go back and have another try or at least get a refund? Don't just accept it. Do something.

No problem Anouar I was wrong as well.

Kudos to Dr. Mohammed to standing behind his work. I have read alot of his posts and he does indeed sound sincere. Although I have never seen a situation like this sometimes its doesn't matter who the doctor is the patient will always have the same results due to some underlining issue. The is very rare when this happens.

The other reason in most cases is the techs and the doctors. I am not saying why this happened or who is at fault. When a doctor offers a free surgery and stands behind his work then it show alot about this doctor. But it doesnt explain why this happened. If it is no fault of the doctor then to have a second surgery would have the same result with this doctor or any doctor. If it was the tech fault or something inside the clinic happened who say that it wont happen again.

Regardless good luck and I hope there will be a great ending this this story.

This is only my opinion maybe I am wrong.

Dear NK,

I have been telling you from the first day that, though people say you need to wait for the final result till 14 months but in my heart I know you won't get the results I guarantee. Anyway, as always I would adive you once again to kindly come to the clinic and lets give you a complimentary surgery and make you happy.

This is surgery and every now and then say less than 2% people will have less than optimal results. I stand beside them and finally almost every one goes happy.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

you deserve AT LEAST a full refund not 50% of the amount as you say!!! Its funny some are saying give the Dr. a chance to stand by his work or that they "HOPE you take him up on his offer". Its not like you have less than optimal growth or something the whole experience was a disaster!!!You had red spots, necrosis for months and finally a poor result. I want to see the ones that say let the Dr. stand behind his work what would they do if it was their head!!!Would they go back?

Can you at least tell us what did the doctor that treated your necrosis said it might be from? Was it from infection? did they use too much anasthesia shots and it created a problem to the area?

Since the forum "recommends" this doctor maybe it can help you by "recommending" to the Dr as a sign of good faith to give your money back. If he says no then i believe he should not be recommended here anymore. No doctor bats a thousand but your case is very different than less than optimal growth, it reminds me the so called "butchered cases". your recipient still looks worst than before, necrosis can sometimes be life threatening if not treated so your overall health might have been at risk, and your scalp might have formed scar tissue underneath in those areas that might make repair difficult!!! nobody deserves this.

some say that they admire the way you look at it. I dont admire it at all bro but i understand you, it seems somehow its supposed to be the norm for people who went through major problems with their transplants to be gracious and forgiving. I on the other hand believe that people should not be afraid to demand more. If a patient doesnt want to go back to the dr that ruined him we should all be on his side. your case is not a usual "i expected more growth" --- "come in for a touch up" you went through major problems. I am not saying the doc is the worst and others are better but in cases like yours you should set the terms of your compensation not the docs and everyone here should be supportive of that!

Take care

Edited by The count Of Baldecristo

I am very sorry to hear your story, I would say you should do some thing then accepting it. I know it is easy said than done. It is really difficult to go through the entire process once again.

Dr mohmad mentioned on one of your threads that he gets 5 or 6 cases every year like this one with poor results. After reading that statement I am now scared to go for HT. Is it same with other Doctors. When I spoke with some of the coaltion doctors they said the worst that they have ever see is 70% growth.

One other point I wanted to mention. Hair grafts are not unlimited there is no price for them as when they are gone they are gone. In general I probaly wouldnt go back to the same doctor if my first result was a disaster. The reason being is if the same thing happens again, then you are losing more your limited grafts. As well is there is not understanding or reason explained why the first one wasnt successful. This in my opinion is important.

Regardless this is a decision of the poster whether or not to take up the offer. Once again kudos to the doctor for offering a free surgery.

This is my opinion.

Edited by lorenzo

Mr. nk,

I remember your case clearly as I too have been following it from the beginning. I certainly agree that your result is far less than what was expected.

While hair transplantation is a relatively straight forward surgical procedure and works wonders for many in an experienced surgeon's hands, unfortunately, hair transplantation, like all surgical procedures comes with its share of risks and potential problems. Even the most experienced and talented hair restoration physicians have cases including various complications and poor growth. Unfortunately, your case appears to be one of them. I believe it was your necrosis which most likely led to the poor growth.

I know it can be discouraging having to go through surgery again and waiting an entire year to achieve the result you desire. However, Dr. Mohmand has offered you a free procedure and would like to help you get the results you deserve. Given his experience and credentials for performing high quality follicular unit hair transplantation, I encourage you to consider giving him the chance to make things right for you.

At the end of the day, you will have to draw your own conclusions (as we encourage all patients and prospective patients to do) as to what you'd like to do and which surgeon you'd like to help you.

Note to all members

Understand that this community recommends surgeons based on consistency in using state of the art techniques and a proven track record of excellent results. However, no surgeon is infallable. Many members would like to blame this community for recommending a physician when a case of poor growth occurs. While it may be human nature to pass blame, it's completely misplaced.

The reality is, nobody is to blame here. Mr. Nk did his research and selected a quality physician to perform his hair transplant. Risks are always discussed with any patient prior to undergoing the procedure. Mr. NK accepted those risks and went ahead in an attempt to restore his hair. Unfortunately, he was one of the unlucky ones.

We do not force anyone to select from our list of recommended surgeons. Patients are thus, personally responsible for their own choices. We simply provide information and recommendations based on the above criteria. I want to emphasize that the publishers and moderators of this community strongly encourage patients to thoroughly research all physicians their considering.

I truly hope that Mr. NK can get the results he ultimately wants and deserves. But I hope this community can continue to be supportive without passing blame where it doesn't belong.

Best wishes,

Bill