2100 Grafts Dr. Feller

hairthere

Well, I ended up getting lots more coverage than I expected. Here are pictures. Will give a more detailed write-up soon...Dr. F and his team are amazing!

5b32ccb054d90_Photo235.jpg.b1b0f0d9f25fb99b7c7c7088a3fd3f4c.jpg

5b32ccb06bdfd_Photo234.jpg.543dc4378cb239d4bac745750b186703.jpg

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Question I'm sure you've been asked, but how do you hide the shaved area for the next few months since you've got a fair amount of density/length on the sides?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

hairthere,

Congratulations! I hope you will continue to update us on your progress. I'm looking forward to seeing that crown fill in.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

@Sean/TakingthePlunge: Thanks so much guys!

@muliplier: I am a musician and own a business so I am lucky to be able to wear hats. I purchased a bunch of cool looking military style ones. So, that's my plan for the next 3 months. If I didn't have the hat option I would just buzz it all down, which I might do anyway.

Regarding the first night: worst part was the tight bandage around my head which was causing a headache. Popped one vicodin and rested but didn't really sleep much. Otherwise I have had zero pain from the donor and recipient areas. The staples are also much more tolerable this time around. I will do a full write up of the surgery itself in my blog.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Update: 3 days post op and the work is ridiculously clean. All I see are hairs growing up there--hardly any scabbing. The pain is minimal too, mostly tightness from the donor scar. I'm very psyched for this to start growing.

@Dan: thanks! How did your surgery go?

@Newhair: Thanks bro! I really do hope this is my last one, at least for a long time. Dr. F says I have another strip left in case the sides do drop, but he feels confident my NW pattern is established. This strip had lots of 3s in it which is why I was able to get so much coverage from 2100 grafts. We covered a lot more than I anticipated so I'm fairly certain this should do it.

Nice one mate!

Eagerly awaiting to see this one grow out.

Good growing to you sir.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Hairthere,

Congratulations! As usual, Dr. Feller's work looks meticulous and refined. I'm eager to watch your results mature. Good luck; keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

@musoinoz, future: Thanks for the well wishes guys, I will surely keep you all updated. At first we were shooting for 2500-3000 grafts, which Dr. F could have harvested from another piece of strip. But then he found I had a very high number of 3s and felt we honestly couldn't pack anymore in there. I was really shocked (and happy) to see how much area we covered as I thought we only were going to have enough to work on specific sites around the crown and frontal third.

@spex: Thanks mate..... never thought I'd be referred to as a HT vet!

@AJ: Looks like you have a nice mop to begin with, so I'm sure your results will look incredible. Good growing to you!

Update: Day 4 and the work is still ridiculously clean.... if there are scabs they are tiny.

Edited by hairthere

The density on this is gonna look insane! This is the Ht I was hoping to get six years ago when I started this journey....

I also cannot believe how clean Dr. Feller's work is--this is with showering once a day very lightly working the shampoo in with my fingers.

5b32ccce8de0d_Photo231.jpg.5c9aba231051b6a3ea9a6126179b4b87.jpg

Edited by hairthere

Thanks Dan! Glad to hear you are getting out a bit. Your procedure looks like it went really well, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Amped, nothing to report. The grafts are all long gone and I am officially in the doldrums. Bought some really cool hats to get me through (thank goodness for zappos!).

How about you?

Agonizing pain the waiting. LOL! Been the Zappos route but for beanies, so soon I need to hit the caps. Still pretty rough weather in NY so I can pull it off for a month or so. Will need to revert to the cap from then on.

Had some shock loss on the donor area and unsure on the recipient as I have never had it so short, plus I can't say what is native and what might have stayed on. I am assuming nothing so just the waiting game!

Happy Growing.

Edited by Amped

Looks good hairthere. All the best with the waiting game... but I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

@amped: Yes, I'm in NYC too and enjoying watching the snow fall (not really). I bought a bunch of fedoras and actually dig the look. I'm hoping to have better coverage in time for beach season.

@aaron: Thanks bro! I remember looking at your results and getting inspired to go in for another HT.