Bosley vs. Hair Club

ATtheFORK123

LOL...the are not the best....they just have the most commercials. I highly reccomend you research this site before you make any decisions on doctors.

Individual docotrs with their own clinics are usually the best and there are a ton recommended on this site.

Think about it, who makes the best food...a chain like Taco Bell, of your local mexican quizine establishment?

Chains are not the way to go for HT's....the doctors are just not as accountable as the ones privately owned.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Chain clinic doctors a lot of times travel from clinic to clinic. Do you want a doctor with jetlag cutting on you? Bosley and Hair Club have many many doctors, some experienced, some are in training. Go to a clinic recommended on here. You can get recommended doctors on here who do $3-4 a graft.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

ATtheFORK123,

While it's not impossible to get a quality hair transplant from a large chain, why risk it? The prescreened, experienced and skilled physicians recommended here have proved time and time again that they consistently produce excellent results. And, as has already been pointed out, often at lower prices per graft than large chain clinics.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

LOL...the are not the best....they just have the most commercials. I highly reccomend you research this site before you make any decisions on doctors.

Individual docotrs with their own clinics are usually the best and there are a ton recommended on this site.

Think about it, who makes the best food...a chain like Taco Bell, of your local mexican quizine establishment?

Chains are not the way to go for HT's....the doctors are just not as accountable as the ones privately owned.

Interesting. I'll check this site for docs in the LA area. Thank you.

Chain clinic doctors a lot of times travel from clinic to clinic. Do you want a doctor with jetlag cutting on you? Bosley and Hair Club have many many doctors, some experienced, some are in training. Go to a clinic recommended on here. You can get recommended doctors on here who do $3-4 a graft.

Negative NW1? Pardon my ignorance but what is that? I'll check this site. I negotiated HC and Bosley "down" to $4.50 per but $3 to $4 is even better.

ATtheFORK123,

While it's not impossible to get a quality hair transplant from a large chain, why risk it? The prescreened, experienced and skilled physicians recommended here have proved time and time again that they consistently produce excellent results. And, as has already been pointed out, often at lower prices per graft than large chain clinics.

All the best,

Very interesting information...and less expensive that what I had been quoted at Hair Club or Bosley. I've contacted one doc in LA and will touch bases with LaJolla shortly.

Thanks, again.

• 1 year later...

Seems like alot of people are asking about bosley and hair club difference, 1st I have had a procedure with bosley 8 years ago, when done I looked like a dolls head. I had filed a complaint with bosley and they flew me into california for another procedure, The doctor who was there top doctor was dr gaffney. Dr gaffney did a great job fixing the mess dr lefluer made. I must let you know that dr gaffney is the doctor who also did the hair transplant for dr bosley.. I believe with all the doctors bosley had, He was gonna use his best guy for himself. Dr gaffney did a great job for me and later opened up the gaffney institute, He then began working for himself, He has talent, my finished results are real nice and this guy was a class act. I would recommend him for sure.. He now merged with the hairclub, However he does the transplants here and was great. As far as bosley, My opinion is they train doctors for this work, I believe when they are good enough they leave. So i agree with another post earlier that the local doctor are probably a great choice, But if in beverly hills dr gaffney was great.

This is like saying Joseph Stalin vs Hitler, they are both terrible.

Hahahaha, absolutely! Wow. :)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I can't speak for Bosley, but I have had a hair transplant and I have also been a Hair Club client. Hair Club was very professional and honest all the way through with me. The Hair Club system actually looked very good. Density with Hair Club was excellent. However I could just never get used to "wearing a wig". With the glue in the front and just the feel and thoughts of "is that guy looking and noticing I am wearing a rug?". For me there is nothing like having your own live hair.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

You take a huge risk having a HT with Bosley or Hair Club. You might get lucky and get a good result, but you are much better off going with top clinics. This site is a great place to do your research. The great thing is that you asked the question. Now that you found this site, consult with several recommended clinics and find someone you are comfortable with. I would never take a chance with Bosley or Hair Club.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

• 4 years later...