Some Generic sites

john2008

Hey Everyone,

I have been on Propecia for about 11 years now - well, proscar in 4's like most of us. During my HT on 03/18/09 I was discussing cheaper options and how I use the proscar in 4's and he said that he is getting away from that because there are talks that that Merk has caught on to 'us' saving money this way and that they are or are about to start placing the active ingredient randomly throughout the pills.

This sent me on a mission over the last few days while healing. I found sites that are selling "generic" propecia. I know that Merck holds the patent until 2013 according to Wikipedia - of course that could be wrong, but I am wondering how effective these can be with their still being an active patent? Has anyone ordered this way and had success and do they seem like the real product?

Thanks,

John

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

John,

I've never ordered generic finasteride online. I'm sure there are some legitimate online pharmacies, but I'd be very careful doing this. Ultimately, you should do research on the pharmacies, but it will end up coming down to whether or not you trust the product is legitimate.

I've always felt more comfortable getting a prescription and getting the real thing. If you're looking to save money, consider getting Proscar over Propecia and then buying a pill splitter to cut it into quarters.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you Bill. I used to cut proscar but during my HT last week, my HT dr told me that he was reading that Merck had caught on this people doing this to save money and were placing 1mg of fin more randomly throughout the pill. Anyone else heard of this?

John

were placing 1mg of fin more randomly throughout the pill.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

When you purchase a blister strip, it states , manufacturing date, expirary date and mass of pill.

Ahhhh....you mean 1 mg in Proscar and remaining mass is inactive ingredient.

Well...they can't market it as Proscar with 5mg finasteride....that would a lie.

take care...

My personal opinion of generic medicine is that there is too much fear injected into the online communities with regards to fake medicine to simply make you buy the Merck products.

Why on earth would any pharmaceutical company or drug producers make fake products ? Lets think about this logically.

They produce batches in the millions that cost fractions of what the end retail price is so why would anyone need to make fakes. this does not happen and is simply not true.

The main of producers of generic hair loss products are indian pharma companies who have hard working work ethics and have to adhere to strict indian guidelines much the same as their US counterparts. You can contact companies such as cipla or Dr readdy's and get information on their practice & protocol.

There is also vast amounts of men who have been using generics for long years who have seen results equal to that of Merck Propecia.

My own personal hairloss experience is on generics and they work, and i have the photos that just keep getting better to prove it.

The companies i have used I trust as they want to provide the customer with a product that works so they can gain an ever increasing number of return buyers. why would any company sell something that isnt going to get them what they want = Profit. You don't get returning customers if the medicines don't work.

If you can afford Merck Propecia or live in a country that offers it on prescription then obviously go with that but if you want to save money and want something that works get a pill cutter and buy fincar or finast and do something pro active for your hair loss.

I can personally safely say that the following products work: finax finast fincar finpecia prohair prosteride veltride dutas finarid

The following websites have time and again given good service, good products and fast shipping times:

www.unitedpharmacies.com www.direct-procecia.co.uk both stock generic dustasteride (dutas and veltride) which have shown good results so far.

When compared with the brand name drug, generic drugs can save you up to 80% on the cost of a prescription.

By the way, generic drugs are readily available to treat many common health conditions. Known fact: About 50% of all prescriptions in the world are filled with generic drugs.

Online pharmacies (i prefer (promotional link removed) can provide you with an easy and private way to buy prescription and over-the-counter medications, often at a more affordable price.

Since generic drug companies do not have to develop a medication from scratch, it costs significantly less to bring the drug to the market.

• 3 weeks later...

i agree with Peter88 i posted a topic on where to purchase legit proscar and Dutas online (here)(here)

There is a good few websites there recommended by hair society forum members

Regards,

Irish

Current Regime:

Minox liquid 5% twice a day

Proscar 1/4 tab a day

Nizoral every 2nd day

MSM 1000mg a day

Silica 200mg a day

AHS 6 months laser treatment- POOR results

Crescina - no results

IRISH

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone.

Caveolae,

I followed up that I made a mistake. It was 5mg. I would not feel comfortable saying that a DO who has done close to 1,000 HT's a fool. He should me a medical article where he read this. I do not know how it could possibly be illegal for Merck to place the active ingredient randomly throughout a pill, as long as they are providing the full active ingredient in each individual product. I have only taken a few law classes, but I would have to say that would be pretty safe from a lawsuit as those who need the pill in the 5mg for prostate and take it how it was intended and written on all Proscar documentation are getting what is expected. It would be a legitimate way to mitigate our use of the cheaper pill when using it in the manner that 'they' did not intend us to.

But either way thank you to everyone. I have been on Proscar and Propecia since 1998 and after 2 HT's this is starting to get quite expensive. I have just always been afraid of the online generic ordering with the whole taboo view of it in the US. It is comforting to see that so many of you are using them with success.

Thanks again,

John

John,

I'm afraid i misunderstood what you meant. I didnt realise you meant that the drug was randomly placed actually in the pill. I thought you meant within the packet, i.e. some pills are only 1 mg and some are 5 mg.

I would imagine it's not true anyway. Knowing what i know about drug development, it would be way more hassle than it's worth and probably impossible. Pills aren't just empty space with drug sprinkled throughtout; pills have many other ingredients to stablise the drug and improve its bioavailabilty. Maybe i was a bit strong on the DO; but he really should go back to his pharmacology classes.

BTW, just because it's written in some article doesn't make it true.

Its all good Caveolae. Well that was the gist of my original question. I guess I have always had a fear of the generics. Not because of any real "true" reason - just the whole taboo thing that the mainstream stay away from them. If you are personally seeing great results with generics please let me know the name and the pharmacy, because I would like to start if they are a good product.

Thanks again

• 11 months later...
So do we know about the different "brands" of generic finasteride? The first time I ordered from quality-rx I got "French Remedies", but now I got "Sunrise".

i just received "sunrise" finasteride... have you had any problems using this product? i ask only because it's my first time ordering a generic online.

thanks.

Here's the best source I've found for ordering generic Finasteride (Proscar)

www.CanadaDrugs.com

This info might help others looking for the lowest price point. Or, maybe someone has a cheaper source? At CanadaDrugs.com 84 of the generic finasteride 5mg tablets is $115 and this will last 336 days!! Their service is reliable and you can fax or email a prescription to them.

Panama Jimmy

• 1 year later...