Dr. Paul Shapiro-6&12Months Result-2055grafts/3719hairs

Dr. Paul Shapiro – 2055/3719 Result at 6 months and 12 months.

Here is a presentation of Dr. Paul Shapiro's work immediately following surgery to 6 months and 12 months PO.

This patient had very good growth at 6 months. He experienced faster than average growth, therefore, had approximately 75% growth by 6 months. There were improvements from 6 months to 12 months that were subtle. Few of the wiry hairs on the sides tamed down and he experienced some thickening throughout.

Here is a breakdown of his grafts:

2055 total grafts = 3719 hairs

1’s – 696

2’s – 1054

3’s - 304

2055 total grafts = 3719 hairs

1’s – 696

2’s – 1054

3’s - 304

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Janna,

Thanks for sharing this patient's results. He certainly did have exceptional growth at 6 months. Lucky guy!

The hairline looks very soft and natural. Great work by Dr. Shapiro!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 year later...

Great case. Janna, is there a reason this is a no shave case?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Such great documentation. I especially love the 6th and 12th month comparison photos - clearly shows the maturation of the hair. Dr. Paul does it again.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

This is a great result.....amazing hairline. I also like the 6 and 12 month comparison. It really demonstrates how much the HT matures in the second half of the year even with an early grower like this patiient.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I looked at this and noticed the non shaven head and was interested in it. Just looking at some older cases.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Great case. Janna, is there a reason this is a no shave case?

Majority of patients would rather not shave if possible. His case size is at the upper limits for us to not shave. The work takes longer but it's do-able. We'd prefer to shave but some patients have work commitments that does not allow for a shaved look.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Janna Im very interested in that you say it was at the upper limits of a shaving threshold. I was recently quoted around 1800 grafts FUE and was informed that shaving was essential. Im sure it differs from clinic to clinic but I had thought id seen it was some kind of consensus that surgeons dont like to do much more than 500 without shaving?

Im very envious of anyone who doesnt have to shave!!

We try to stay within 2000 grafts or less for not shaving. We routinely did not shave at all until around 5 years ago when "mega" sessions came into play. I know some clinics shave no matter how small or big the surgery. We have a lot of experience with non-shaved recipient areas to feel comfortable performing on them.

Well that is certainly very interesting, and I am even more jealous now!. You obviously dont feel it inhibits the quality of the work and it looks great in this case. Amasing to me how different surgeries can have such different outlook on this, as shaving the head is a serious inconvenience, especially if like me you frequently have to address large audiences.

I wish I could afford the extra that it costs to go to America as I would be straight over to you!

Dont fancy doing me a deal and making me your 'UK representative do you' ;)

Haha anyway, keep up the good work, SMG are my personal favourite clinic worldwide.