Anyone Here Go With Dr. Scott Alexander?

Speegs

I'd like to see any additional patient photos other than those he has provided, seems to be impressive hairline work done by the guy and probably the most reasonable graft price for his practice in all of the USA.

I would like to hear from those here that have been patients of his and see what he did for them.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I consider Dr. Alexander as one of the best in the business. Have you searched forums?

Here are few links with results that I found in about 1 min icon_smile.gif.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/972102571

http://hair-restoration-info.c...21087683/m/474102941

http://hair-restoration-info.c...1087683/m/6171050573

http://hair-restoration-info.c...1087683/m/8501098582

http://hair-restoration-info.c...951087382#5951087382

But if you search (use advanced search and select only forums for Patiens results and Doctors Presented results) and you will find tons of them icon_smile.gif

I have to echo HairDew. When I was reaserching for my 2nd HT....Dr. A was in my top 5...Phenomanal work and very ethical...I give him two thumbs up...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery....

Yes I've seen those pics, I just want some more feedback and if any additional pictures exist, those not showcased would be helpful.

Hey Speegs, I went with Dr. Alexander in May 2007. I had 2,660 grafts in my fontal 1/3.

I am very happy with my results, Although I was a NW 6+ so I am getting set to go back for round 2 with Dr. Alexander in just a few weeks.

There were no complications from the surgery, No scar is detectable at all.

Dr. Alexander doe's very fine work & I recommend him without any reservations.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Regards, Atomic

Originally posted by Atomic:

Hey Speegs, I went with Dr. Alexander in May 2007. I had 2,660 grafts in my fontal 1/3.

I am very happy with my results, Although I was a NW 6+ so I am getting set to go back for round 2 with Dr. Alexander in just a few weeks.

There were no complications from the surgery, No scar is detectable at all.

Dr. Alexander doe's very fine work & I recommend him without any reservations.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Regards, Atomic

So does that mean you have a hairline? Like it? Can i see it?

hi,

even i am thinking of considering this doctor. How good is he on Asian / Indian?

One concern is that i haven't seen much of 3000+ g by this doctor.

Hi Speegs,

My experience with Dr. A was the best and has been life-changing for me. My results are amazing and friends that knew I got it done have actually forgotten at times that I did the procedure, and their comment is that it is so natural that they have just gotten use to the change. I will try to update my blog and post soon with some new pics.

Best,

osidekid

Hi Skeegs,

I'm right there with osidekid. Went to Dr. A and I'm extremely happy with the results. Just spent 3 days poolside in Vegas and didn't put a hat on once :-). I've never told a soul I've had something done and no one's ever even asked (or stared at my head :-) so that speaks volumes itself about how natural the hairline looks. Here's a link to some photos I posted in patient results.

Best of luck to you and I would definitely highly recommend Dr. A!

Patient Results

Originally posted by TC17:

What does Dr. Alexander charge per graft and does he require shaving?

4 dollars so he's definitely the best priced of the American based surgeons that do good hairlines and megasessions. I'm unclear if he compensates with a travel stipend however, getting 2500 grafts from him would be 10,000.

The same amount would be 11,000 with Hasson and Wong altohugh they do pay for air travel and two nights hotel stay.

Rahal is slightly cheaper (maybe 10,000 for 3,000 grafts) than Alexander but so dang far and I don;t know about travel discounts,i personally prefer Alexander's moderate aggressiveness as opposed to full fledged aggressiveness.

I think Alexander's hairlines look the most age appropriate but still are aggressive enough to make a dramatic cosmetic difference without over doing it.

If I go with an American doctor it will in all likelihood be Alexander.

Onside. Your results look awesome. I saw your pictures before but didn't tie the two together. Looks like Dr. A only slightly shaved some of your recipient area and it looks like you had a pretty easy recovery time.

TC17, from what I recall I believe Dr. A is something like $4 graft. I didn't get shaved down and had like 2700 grafts for my firts HT with Dr. A.

So it is $4 per graft regardless of session size? I know a lot of the doctors reduce after 2,000 or so grafts. Rahal's prices are in Canadian dollars though, so when you factor in the exchange rate you actually get a nice little discount if coming from the US, in addition to a 10% (up to $1,000) travel discount. If Dr. Rahal didn't require shaving I'm 99% sure I would visit him, but I can't shave the head down.

Speegs, I had my procedure with Dr. A two months ago. No results to report as of now but he has proved himself over and over again in these forums. His charges are $4/graft. And he didn't require shaving in my case (I didn't have any hair in the transplanted area anyway!) I can answer any questions for you, if needed.

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Alexander

Hi

Just to add my endorsement of Dr Alexander.

I went with him in November last year, so about 6 months now and I am thrilled with my results so far. Like others, I would say my my scar is virtually undectable.

I had existing hair but Dr Alexander was happy to work on me without shaving, I had 2600 grafts in the frontal 1/3.

I travelled from the UK and Dr Alexander gave me some compenation for my flight and also paid for my hotel. I was back at work after 2 weeks and only my wife knows about my transplant. No one, family or friends has ever suspected a thing.

IMO he is a first class surgeon and his results speak for themselves.

Hope this helps.

I have seen Rahals hairlines & they do not appear natural like Dr. Alexanders.

Also, Dr, Alexander's surgery produces minimal if any scarring.

No shaving necessary because he only doe's one patient per day & he takes his time.

Pink, Being Asian you will need to be concerned about the scar showing through. With Dr. Alexander's fairly conservative approach there is less chance of scarring than if you had a mega session of 3000 grafts plus.

Just my opinion.

• 2 years later...