2 procedures and 2600 graphs later

ytoday

Ive yet to see a friggin noticeable positive sign or change within my hairline area. Sadly, my hairline is no where near as good as it was when i went this surgeon back in Mar'2009, and yet it's gotten worst after i had another procedure feb '2010.

I really don't know how to approach this or what to really expect anymore. Btw, this was a dr recommended by this forum.

And anytime i go to him with any frustrations, all the person mentions are medicinal supplements to help expedite the process...that's all.

Any suggestion....please.

Ytoday,

I think sharing some photographs would help the community better judge your situation and offer accurate advice. You should probably investigate adding pictures to your social profile or to a patient weblog.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

i unfortunately don't have any before pictures....i was under the assumption that things would never get to this point since i went in with a good hairline to begin with and didn't figure a mere 1200 graphs would fix my problem of a somewhat thinning hairline. things unfortunately have turned for the worst since.

please, please take my word for it that my hairline as receded further after each procedure, without any sort of compensation stemming to each of the procedures.

i think the fact that my corners have thinned further, and my forehead appearing wider is one obvious indication

ytoday

no one will be able to give any advice without seeing pictures..have you checked with your clinic..every reputable clinic takes before and after pictures...maybe you can ask for them and they can pass along the pictures..who was your doctor? If you dont want to answer on this thread, you can also send a PM to Bill...i know he is very accomodating and will take up your case with the concerned physician!!!

ytoday

no one will be able to give any advice without seeing pictures..have you checked with your clinic..every reputable clinic takes before and after pictures...maybe you can ask for them and they can pass along the pictures..who was your doctor? If you dont want to answer on this thread, you can also send a PM to Bill...i know he is very accomodating and will take up your case with the concerned physician!!!

unforutnately the pictures that were taken didn't have my hair slicked back. the hair i had was covering the hairline area.

regarding what i previously had written, i meant to say that i thought 1200 graphs would help rectifiy my issues...but unfortunately ive had to go back in again, and since my hairline has gotten worst. just generally speaking, if someone who gets 2600 graphs inserted only within the hairline area, shouldn't they be expect some obvious positive change??

yes..2600 results should atleast give you an optimum hair line..but where were the 2600 grafts placed..were they placed only on the hairline or some were also placed in the back..also, what is ur age and are you on any meds? maybe you have receeded agressively after your procedures..maybe you had some shock loss..who knows? at this time, what is the solution that you are trying to achieve..are you looking for some kind of compensation or just advice from the forum members?

yes..2600 results should atleast give you an optimum hair line..but where were the 2600 grafts placed..were they placed only on the hairline or some were also placed in the back..also, what is ur age and are you on any meds? maybe you have receeded agressively after your procedures..maybe you had some shock loss..who knows? at this time, what is the solution that you are trying to achieve..are you looking for some kind of compensation or just advice from the forum members?

they were placed at the hairline and roughly and inch or two behind it. im currently 28 and taking propecia. What i don't get is that my hairline was ok when i initially went in, but since im assuming has receded further without any help from the surgeries. in other words the areas that were thin and receded about a month or more after the first procedure still look the same way up until now.

my once wide hairline, is now shaping into a "V" sorta look.

should i ask for my money back or i dunno? i don't know what else to say

who was your doctor? did you talk to him about the possible solutions? Doctors on this forum stand behind their work..i would first talk to the doctor and see what he has to say

yes i did on numerous occasions. he never had an actual explanation as to why...all he kept bringing up is to wait and to use hair supplements to expedite the growing stage....thats all.

i don't wanna say who the doctor is, but he's one that is recommended by this forum.

he honestly has never gave me any proper solutions or reasons as to why the lack of growth....the only thing he did was recommend another procedure, which i went through in feb'10

Ytoday,

I think there are a number of factors that could have caused the appearance of further recession. Did you start Propecia before your transplant surgery or when you started noticing the frontal thinning? Also, I completely understand that you don't have complete photographic evidence, but anything you can post (even just some current pictures) would really help the community analyze your situation. Keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

YToday,

You and I have been discussing your concerns privately for some time via email. I have seen your photos and while I understand that you are concerned, most people would be very happy to have a hairline like yours. You are also only 5 months out from your second procedure which is quite far away from the maturation point.

I don't want to minimize your concerns especially if the first procedure didn't grow in correctly, the only thing you can really do right now is wait until the second procedure grows out and matures. If after 7 more months (the one year maturation ponit), you're not seeing the results you want, I'd recommend contacting the surgeon to work something out.

Since you are still very early on in your procedure, you are also encouraged to document your progress on this community. I know you told me before that you don't have any before photos. But if you start posting the photos you have and then present new ones each month up to a year, members of this community can view and comment on your progress.

I know you're discouraged, which is quite obviously why you decided to post here even after talking with me privately. But you've already decided to go through with a second procedure 5 months ago, so you really need to make a commitment to go the distance to see if it grows in.

Best wishes,

Bill

YToday,

I respect that you are just trying to garner support and feedback and don't want to mention the physician's name. However, if you do, he does have the right to share his side of the story and thus, you must be willing to provide him with your details and permission to post about your case online.

I do truly hope that you get the results you ultimately deserve. However, I do encourage you to go the distance and wait the full year before judging the final results.

Bill

You have to consider shock loss. You also have to consider that you are only 6 months healed. Some people are slow recoverers and may not show good results for a year or more. If it was a recommended physician on here, I'm certain things will come around. My hair looked way worse after surgery and I had a lot of shock loss, but everything grew back in. Patience!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 10 months later...

At what point do i ask for a reimbursal? 2600 graft and in all honesty i see no impactful results. At the most what i do notice are very thin hairs and gaps of scarce hair. 2 years later and ive offically thrown in the towel. Depression sucks

ytoday,

I'm very sorry to hear that your hair transplant appears to have failed. Have you been in contact with your doctor? If so, what have you been told?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

If you used a recommended doc, he surely has some before pics. You should post your journey with photo documentation. What has your doc said? I have only heard of a doc giving one refund...ever, so I would not count on that. I am really sorry to hear that it dod not work out for you, I know that one doc posted that 3 to 5 % of people do not respond to the surgery, and I agree, I think there should be some compensation of little to no yield. Also, without pics, many of the veterans of the board have seen that a patient will scream no results, and when pics finally surface, they did have an acceptable result, just not realistic expectations. I am not saying that you are one of them, but you would find more support with documentation. My hairline is breaking up as we speak, so I definately can empathize.

Also, it really defeats the purpose of this board to not give the name of the surgeon and show the outcome. Recommended surgeons should be held to the same standard (or higher), but again, without pics, it is all really a he said she said if you do come out with the surgeons name.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.