My experience with Bisanga

luca

Hello guys, I am one of the Bisanga 's victims.

I have had a fue surgery last November and this is the result:

276102293_today.jpg?ts=4A9E6569&key=51CD2D8025135646E34A7E7FA871D250&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F376102293%2Ftoday.jpg

I'm struggling to make him recognize his bad job quality. But I am still waiting for the answer to the last email sent 10 days ago.

Is there anyone else complaining about his "qualities"?

Please let me know, so together we can try to make our voices heard.

cheers

today.jpg.c6f7543f33c35d21a813286c3aff960a.jpg

Edited by luca

Luca,

I have been in touch with Phil from Dr. Bisanga's clinic and I expect he'll be fashioning a reply to your concerns shortly.

In the meantime, I do see from other posts on our discussion forum that they have been in touch with you encouraging you to go the distance and wait until your one year anniversary before making a final judgement on the result. You may not like this answer, but this is standard protocol from every clinic.

The gap in the frontal area can likely be easily fixed with a small under of grafts. Are you saying they're refusing to correct this for you? That's not the impression I got from Phil. In fact, he claims you've refused their help...is that true?

Members of our community are welcome to share their genuine experience, opinions, and photos on our forum. However, we do expect patients to contact their doctors and be sincere in trying to resolve their concerns. Additionally, we give clinics the right to reply to patient concerns on our forum. This may require you to provide the clinic with your full name, date of the procedure, and verbal or written permission to discuss your case online. To see how we handle these types of concerns, visit "Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment on our Forum for Patients and Physicians.

Since your clinic has expressed the willingness to work with you, I expect that you'll work with the clinic to resolve your concerns.

Best Regards,

Bill

From what i understand this patient was quoted 3000 graphs for the desired design but only wanted 2500.The yield looks very good and the additional 500 would have probably filled the gap but surely the doctor would have worked a design to suit 2500 graphs after all its a lot of money to part with.Most clinics have unhappy patients if you look hard enough but the fact that there willing to correct this should be recognised also.

Dear Luca,

We have never closed the door to you, we are as always happy to see you in person and extended the offer to help you when we see you but I am afraid you have never replied in anyway that wanted to really resolve this; you have decided to make a campaingn against us on many forums instead of coming to see us and talking openly and honestly and to see what we will do.

If you want nothing from us and wish to persist in defaming the name of Dr. Bisanga there is little we can do for you personally as you have obviously shown a great intention in your actions; I have lost count how many forums you have posted on and all under different usernames. You are not a million miles from us, if you wish to have a personal consultation with the doctor, sit and discuss properly then we can all move on I hope, unless that is your intentions are not to resolve your concerns with us and in preference wish to continue with your present actions.

Frustration is understandable but when we have never shut the door on you I do not understand your actions, if we had said no to talking or meeting for sure, but that has never been the case, and although with your actions there is one intention we are still happy to see you with the only intention of resolving your concerns, no different to anything we have ever said to you in the past.

We have no wish to see an unhappy patient, and not for reasons you may think of sheer bad publicity but because we are in this industry to try to help and improve on people's life; if you really want this to be objectively resolved for you then I suggest you would come and see us when it is mutually good for both. Either email us or you were emailed earlier today with a phone number you can call and discuss moving on.

Regards,

Phil have you posted a preset reply maybe? Do you really think I have time to lose by posting defaming comments in hundred of forums with different username? I am a member of 2 hair loss forums only. That'all!

And why should I be interested in defaming the name of Bisanga? On the contrary I am just showing publicly the result of his job.. Because privately I didn't get his attention!

Just to clarify with Bill: this is my genuine experience, the last time I have been in contact with the clinic was on Tue, 28 Apr 2009, before I started posting on this forum.

They have never been in contact with me after, they didn't reply to my 2 last previous emails (Sun, 3 May 2009 and Fri, 21 Aug 2009) I can post a copy of it if you like!

Maybe they are confusing me with some other unhappy customer?

By the way, Paddy for sure 'the additional 500 would have probably filled the gap' but before the surgery myself, the doctor and the consultant we worked together a more conservative hairline.

I asked for 2600 grafts because, as explained by their ex consultant Nicola 'with 2600 grafts it is possible that the hair line design will be just a little bit more conservative than what has been drawn during the consultation'

On the contrary, only 2536 grafts were transplanted at the end! Even less then what I requested!!! Thus I infer that for the clinic this was the hair grafts needed to reach an optimal result?!?!?!

As I told to the clinic I budgeted 2600 grafts but I have always been available to listen to their advices. But no one during the surgery told me that an higher number of grafts would have been necessary.

And what I am asking to the clinic is that they recognize the error and refund the charges I will have to afford for a new surgery.

I have paid 9.500?‚¬ for this surgery, if they really want to meet me (I already sent them enough pictures to judge) why don't they send me at least a free train ticket to Brussels... don't you think so?

What the clinic offered instead was 'to try and accomodate within the boundaries of reality any future hair transplant you may want or need in respect of the finances and you being a returning patient and showing a degree of loyalty to us, and assumed being happy with our work'

But the only fact we are talking about a new possible surgery, not even 6 months after the first one, makes me believe that something went wrong: maybe the transplant, maybe the consultation or maybe both of them...

And sorry if I am diffident with them but will anybody allow to a construction company that made your house collapse, to rebuild the same house with the same technique...?

Cheers

Luca

BHR Clinic,

I took it upon myself to do a bit of research into this case on some European forums, as I was very interested in Dr. Bisanga's work. As you stated correctly, Luca has gone on many forums and posted about his displeasure regarding his transplant. On one of the sites, you responded to his posting by saying that Dr. Bisanga recommended 3,000 grafts, but that the patient capped Dr. Bisanga at 2,600, and that he received 2,536. Implicit in the post was the belief that Luca was partially to blame for the ineffectiveness of his his transplant because he did not comply with the doctor's recommendation. I have some questions about that, and some others regarding this particular result.

1. 400 grafts should hardly make THAT much of difference in the outcome of a transplant, so why even mention the fact that the the patient did not follow the doctors recommendation? The only reason I can see then, is that it is an attempt to absolve the physician of blame by implying that if the patient had followed Dr. Bisanga's recommendation, he would not have had the problem.

2. I'm not quite sure what went down between the patient and the clinic, but if the patient could only afford 2,600 (as he mentioned on another forum), but Dr. Bisanga really felt that 3,000 was the only acceptable number, why not either give 400 grafts for free, or refuse surgery?

3. Regardless of anything else, why weren't the grafts placed throughout the thinning area? On the other site, whomever it was that was representing BHR stated that

- "He was told that even though the grafts were placed into the existing hair (pictures can be shown that prove this) Dr. Bisanga would have preferred to place even further back. It was explained that when placing in and around miniaturised hair there can be a contrast in quality between the two hair types, and it was said the shorter the hair sometimes the more obvious the difference." -

That's not true. On the site where that post comes from, and on this site, Luca posted immediate post op photos that show that the grafts were NOT placed far back enough. When he left his surgery, he had a gap. Now that his hair has grown out, the gap is very noticeable. I would be very upset if I were him too.

4. Why not use a higher hairline to compensate for the fact that the patient could not, or would not use 3,000 grafts?

5. The area was a relatively small one. Why didn't Dr. Bisanga just go thinner throughout the area and not leave the gap? We have all seen many doctors use 2,600 grafts for much larger areas, and yet still achieve cosmetically pleasing results.

I'd be very interested in seeing a reply to TC's questions.

I commiserate with Luca since it seems his surgery will end up being an imperfect one and with a noticeable gap; at the same time, Luca, I'd encourage you to work *with* BHR as much as possible, and set aside any animosities you have with them. I imagine they must feel put off, if not threatened, by this public campaign against them. Whether or not that is morally right/wrong is beside the point, as *your* best interest would be best served by working with them on a mutually-understanding level.

Bill mentioned that it is basic protocol for clinics to ask a patient to wait till the 1year mark; BHR also seems to want to personally evaluate you in the flesh. Until these two aforesaid things takes place, what do you expect from them at this point, other than what they have publicly offered? You want the equivalent of a refund and a de facto admission of error -- this won't happen until they have properly seen you.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Luca,

You are at a crossroads here and ultimately you have the power to decide what to do next.

You and BHR have both posted and on this and at least one other forum regarding your case. But continuing to post your dissatisfaction isn't going to change the way your hair looks.

You and BHR can share your side of the story until you are both blue in the face. But it all comes down to this...

BHR is offering to help you. In my opinion, consider letting them resolve your concerns. However, if you choose not to, considering consulting other respected surgeons who can help you.

Also, if you haven't already, please make sure Dr. Bisanga has been given your full name, date of surgery, and granted full permission to discuss your case online.

Best wishes,

Bill

News that give to listening ears

A lot of praises and few in between tears.

That, here, common theme, for all the fops,

For the buyers ,and the shops??¦

And tears is your theme on the air

For you got ignored prayer?

No matter what you thought

When that consultant made you buy what you bought

What you really want to say please don't make it clear

It may give (false?!)alarms to hopes and fear.

Luca

You don't look bad.You can be fixed,if you want.Good luck.

Swim

asked for 2600 grafts because, as explained by their ex consultant Nicola ???with 2600 grafts it is possible that the hair line design will be just a little bit more conservative than what has been drawn during the consultation???

Luca,consultant should not have told you that,if he did.

Thanks Luca for posting...I understand ho wsome of the docs can ignore you...Ive been completely given the run around even on getting a consultation with some docs....How a business takes care of its UNHAPPY customers speaks far more to me than how they take care of the happy ones.

I am all for fairness ect on this and other forums but there are soooo many cheerleaders for clinics on here and other sites i WANT to hear from the lucas of the world. Its a reality check.

My last post....could be my fault. I just posted on another fourm and the same thing happens.

I think the problem is on my end guys.

Very sorry....no post of mine was deleted it just didn't go through. I'll make sure to check my post even after I have posted to make sure they are there.

Glenn

Wow, I think this patient got good growth for 2500 grafts, FUE.

My opinion is that a well developed, dense hairline is better than both alternatives: 1) Higher hairline 2) Less density

Had the doctor gone higher in the hairline, he would probably be less happy. He seems young.

Had the doctor planted at lower density, then the patient would be faced with returning for a second surgery, planting between grafts, with associated shock loss and potential transection.

All the OP has to do is grow his hair a bit longer to cover this, and then when time/money permits, get those areas filled in.

He does not know how good he has it. Unfortunate about the gap, but given a constraint on number of grafts, I think Bisanga probably did what is best for patient in long run.

I can understand his frustration however. Much of the gap is probably due to progresive loss.

I can understand his frustration however. Much of the gap is probably due to progresive loss.

Im not sure were the other pics are of this case, but that gap was there immediately after surgery and i did think it looked kinda odd as to why no hair was put in that area, i agree he got great yield from what was planted. still and all , he,s gonna need another session to fix this

In my opinion, all this would not be a topic of discussion if it wasn't such a crappy job (IE GAP). Would we be debating this if you got half a heart or liver transplant, we pay for a hair transplant that stands on its own - not a second visit.

MY OPINION.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Dear members,

I just spoke with Phil from Dr. Bisanga's office and he confirmed that he and Luca have made contact privately and are working to resolve his concerns.

Dr. Bisanga has agreed to put in the extra grafts he needs free of charge.

Ultimately, even the best surgeons won't bat a thousand with perfect results. However, it's overall consistency and how patient concerns are handled that makes a clinic great.

In my opinion, BHR clinic has done very well at working to help this patient to help him meet his hair restoration goals.

Also, due to Dr. Bisanga working to resolve the patient's concerns amicably, Luca's overall experience with Dr. Bisanga can no longer be considered "bad", even if he wasn't happy with his initial results. Thus, to make this thread more fair and unbiased, I've removed the word "bad" from the forum title.

All the Best,

Bill

I think this is a great outcome and both parties involved will benifit.I also think this site should be commended.If it wasn't for the patient coming here and giving his side of the story and allowing BHR to give theirs nothing would have been resolved.

Bill,

I applaud Dr. Bisanga for stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing. But, I still would like to know why the gap was left immediately post op? Could you please get an answer to that question?