Bootleg Histogen HSC?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FinHairLoss,

Your enthusiasm is great! I thank you for all the Histogen and Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC) updates, and I hope the research continues.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 months later...

I only heard of it a few days ago

they conducted their clinical trials at an independent institute in Germany, called proDERM Institute. L'Oreal and other companies use that place for their trials too. so the clinical trials results arent bogus.

ya, and this sounds like its not some minox or any of that garbage that only "preserves" doesn't create any hair. I'm going to try and order some today but all the sites are foreign

the place I'm ordering from wot let me place an order? its a czech pharm site. It keeps telling me to select my country from a drop box in the checkout but I've already selected the US.... but still no luck

Edited by FinHairLoss

ya, and this sounds like its not some minox or any of that garbage that only "preserves" doesn't create any hair. I'm going to try and order some today but all the sites are foreign

the place I'm ordering from wot let me place an order? its a czech pharm site. It keeps telling me to select my country from a drop box in the checkout but I've already selected the US.... but still no luck

I had the same problem, I used Safari originally. I emailed them and informed then, they told me to use Firefox or something. It's expensive, but I'm willing to try for a few months, as it looks promising.

What exactly is this stuff? It's the first time I am hearing about this but other members are enthusiastic about it. Is it some sort of medical therapy?

So far, it seems that propecia/rogaine/hair transplantation, and even possibly platelet rich plasma therapy might help more then everything else. Is there any other links to this stuff? Can anyone share some info on this?

I think it only recently came out over seas in russia or cech or something, in the last month or so (august 2010). I'm assuming its like histogen's hair stimulating complex but not as strong, i.e. goes through cosmetic testing rather then the full I,II,III phase testing that histogen is going through to be prescription strength....

I believe its the peptides and proteins that renokin shares in common with histogen

these are all just my assumptions...the renokin website is pretty informative and shows the clinical trials it went through at the same place loreal, paul mitchell, etc. do their cosmetic testing

apparently this stimulates NEW hair growth rather than just keeping and strengthening what you already have left.

I think this is something new...rather than a rehashed rogaine or prp

NeoAsia - Our Science, Your Confidence

For Lush, Fuller and Lustrous Hair - RENOKIN

http://www.galenion.com/shop.php?action=show_product_detail&product_id=200202

Hey, if this stuff is really proven to work, it may be worth a try. But I just can't believe such claims, they sound too good to be true. I'd rather wait and see if someone tries it before I buy it. The way this product sounds, it is as if it should be sold out. If it isn't then there is a cause for concern. It looks promising and tempting but I just don't know. I am not going to hate on this product but rather wait and see actual results by other forum members before I make the decision.

Thanks for the info.

Hey, if this stuff is really proven to work, it may be worth a try. But I just can't believe such claims, they sound too good to be true. I'd rather wait and see if someone tries it before I buy it. The way this product sounds, it is as if it should be sold out. If it isn't then there is a cause for concern. It looks promising and tempting but I just don't know. I am not going to hate on this product but rather wait and see actual results by other forum members before I make the decision.

Thanks for the info.

Sean, I felt the same way, til I saw that it was a new product. Yeah, it's too good to be true. I emailed the person on the contact us bit, she informed me that this was indeed THE first product in the market to deal with wnt, their CG-Wint it mimics the Wnt 10a.

Since it was tested at a credible institute in Germany, I have some hope in this. I can't be bothered to wait for others to try it out first, because that'll take too long, so I decided to dive right in and try it for 3 month before I make any conclusion. I will take before and after pics though.

I just ordered some. I'll post before and after at some point.

I'd rather try this stuff (which claims to be of the new regenitive medicine generation) then go for a hair transplant. I'm so turned off by the high cost and undeniably sub par results you see from hair transplants.... especially because I'm going to be a NW6 no questions asked...

FinHairLoss,

While I don't hold high hopes for this treatment, I'm certainly curious to know what your experience will be. Please do keep us updated and be sure to document with photos.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

ya i'll let you guys know. I put an order in a few days ago using a debit card via paypal, from the czech site galleon.com or something..... google RENOKIN and then look for the 60mg solution on whatever site looks like galleon or galliun... i dont know. It cost me a little over $200 for 2 bottles i believe.

no idea how long it'll last.....i'm going to assume a bottle per month at best...... I only ordered 2 like an idiot...... says it takes anywhere from 2-3 months for regrowth.

they seem to be pretty confident it will actually grow new hair...... differently than minox claims to "grow new hair". They seem to be able to ACTUALLY explain (whether true or false) how it works.

I had trouble buying it online, you have to use firefox and have your cookies turned on i believe.....it was a big pain in the ass for me too.... it would reroute me to paypalobjects.com which i thought was a scam paypal phising site but I guess is legit because i went back to paypal.com domain on another broweser and its in my payment history so i assume its all good, and i recieved a receipt via email from medcentrum or some affliate... all seems well other then....

I've heard they yanked it from the shelves? at least on the galleon site..... Hopefully they sent mine out before this happened! (unless they yanked it cause somebody grew a third arm)

it seems promising.... the tests look good unless they're falsified which would be strange for ProDerm in germany to do, as there entire operation runs on the idea of testing products on quality and safety..... also it seems to be the first of the histogen type treatments that I think will be flooding the market soon.

science and the free market are bringing us closer to a "cure" and I think it'll be here sooner than later (if renokin isn't already it)

Edited by FinHairLoss

Sean, I felt the same way, til I saw that it was a new product. Yeah, it's too good to be true. I emailed the person on the contact us bit, she informed me that this was indeed THE first product in the market to deal with wnt, their CG-Wint it mimics the Wnt 10a.

Since it was tested at a credible institute in Germany, I have some hope in this. I can't be bothered to wait for others to try it out first, because that'll take too long, so I decided to dive right in and try it for 3 month before I make any conclusion. I will take before and after pics though.

Please do share photos before and after treatment. I really have to see if this works. Other people are raving about it but if it works then I will definitely look into it. Did it say anything about the hair that regrows? Is it permanent or temporary until treatment is stopped? Thanks

ya i'll let you guys know. I put an order in a few days ago using a debit card via paypal, from the czech site galleon.com or something..... google RENOKIN and then look for the 60mg solution on whatever site looks like galleon or galliun... i dont know. It cost me a little over $200 for 2 bottles i believe.

)

Google Translate

Hmm well here it is way cheaper. If it is the same product?

Or might the price conversion be off or something. All I know is people are gonna have a hell of a time ordering this stuff

But I heard they are getting a distributor in NYC

Edited by Swimmy

• 2 weeks later...

On renokin's website it says that it creates hair "placode" which forms a hair cell...... does anybody know if this is possible? they claim its true via clinical testing. I would say that this stuff seems a lot different then other claims made by rogaine, fin, etc. etc.

you dont see this kind of specificity in how the product works when you look at rogaine, fin, etc. sites......

http://www.renokin.com/index.php?pgname=home/sub_faqs_3&PHPSESSID=22f59020f834ef959abaf2ea1b8fc444

http://www.renokin.com/index.php?pgname=home/sub_in_vitro

good luck finding info like that on past products sites.....

basically is it safe to say this is a different product than weve seen in the past? first of new generation meds??

Edited by FinHairLoss

FinHairLoss,

It indeed appears to be a different kind of product provided it works. I hope it really works. Finasteride and mioxidil look more like hit or miss kind of solution to me. I have no doubt that they work for a lot of people but the best you can hope is that they would maintain or slow down your hair loss for a few years to a decade. Needless to say that these medications don't work at all for some people and make situation a lot worse for many. Even their discovery was accidental and I doubt doctors understand 100% how they work. I am a victim of Finasteride and have been eagerly looking for some other solution. In my opinion Finasteride and minoxidil constitute a very poor solution for many. I hope we get to see some better solution to this menace in our immediate future. There is a huge market for it and people like me wouldn't even mind spending $100 K for such a solution.

FinHairLoss,

I have complete confidence in this product but how would you feel about making me the beneficiary on your life insurance before starting it? :D

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website