Bootleg Histogen HSC?

I never expected anything from this product, if indeed it was legit, it would have been hyped a whole lot more through commercial ads or the news. Just another way for companies to try to snake oil people. The proof is in the pudding, i've not seen one picture from any of their claims. That right there alone makes it seem even more bogus.

Before you make such claims, do a little more research. I can not say anything about the product yet, but it sure is not a snake oil. Serious science is behind this.

http://www.histogen.com/downloads/stem_cell_summit.pdf

Edited by Pale_Rider

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
It seems some of you are jumping the gun on this real early.

I'm a HUGE skeptic of this product, but I will comment and say that its going to take ppl to actually take the plunge to see if these products actually work, so those that do I commend you.

I'm a HUGE skeptic of this product, but I will comment and say that its going to take ppl to actually take the plunge to see if these products actually work, so those that do I commend you.

Me to. It will be for best, better product then propecia. We are lost :( We all are going be bald!! :(

I remeber vaugely about an austrailan doctor ( Woods I think? ) who had this radical new procedure everyone doubted.....no one could believe it and were skeptical..

Turned out to be FUE..

With all this Hype there WILL be a cure one day...just a matter of when....and both us positive and negative thinkers will be popping the bubbly when it happens

FinHairLoss,

Finhairlose works renokin????

I believe he wants to know if Renokin has been working for you and not if you work for them. :)

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

it just did not work for me, no improvement at all and actually after using it for about 5 months i find myself more bald, what a loss of money it was especially i had to pay high shipping costs via fedex and and high taxes to get it our customs.

I can confirm it is snake oil.

No improvement at all? Bought a couple of bottles of this last week and starting to wish i hadn't bothered. As topicals go it's great to apply, no oily mess sticking to the scalp, like lightly scented water that just soaks in. Reading around it seems as though this is trying to copy the histogen mechanism but has been rushed onto the market as a cosmetic and so watered down by a factor of 10, might explain the slow/ if any results. Shame someone can't put this together at full strength and we might be onto something.

Finhairloss - what's your take on this after 4 months? Still getting a bit of regrowth around the temples?

darkmanhyk - looking at the results on the renokin website it seems to suggest only a 5% improvement in haircount after 3 months. That sort of improvement would be barely recognisable so maybe you have to give it more time, though at this price i can well understand why you lost heart.

bronze - I'm thinking It may take more time than I previously thought.... renokin will not grow enough completely new follicles to make a cosmetic difference in 3 months. I'm going to give it more time. A few other people using renokin that I've been following have confirmed that it will make your hair grow faster and thicker, no question, however they also say it doesn't seem to grow new hair or enough new hair to be worth the price etc. They all gave up before the end of the fourth month. My temples came back fully after a massive shedding. Also my hair line filled in but very very light thin hairs and not dense enough to my liking. I'm thinking maybe over time more new hairs will come in and the ones already there will become thicker (renonkins best at that part).

I honestly have very little faith at this point, but I'm at this point so whatever I'm going to give it a little more time.

Good form and best of luck keeping it up. I'll give this a good shot and bare in mind this will most likely be a slow burner. Can't find many good stories on this one but i think people need to be realistic - throwing in the towel after 3 months is probably jumping the gun unless you react to the treatment very quickly. The science behind this is encouraging the main concerns are the strength and ability to penetrate to the root. Will keep you posted.

OK maybe i'll retract my previous confidence. This product:rolleyes: has been out maybe 4-5 months on the mainstream circuit and I feel obliged to point out that there is zero positive feedback on all of the hairloss sites about Renokin. Not even the odd case of someone having a little regrowth. All feedback seems to suggest that at best the user will get an initial shed followed by a regrowth of existing hair at a quicker rate i.e. not actual regrowth of new hair.

I have 2 bottles of this stuff and will monitor my own progress but the law of averages tells you that positive feedback in some form should have been hitting the boards by now. The science makes sense but it's too weak to make a difference would be my assessment on this product. :rolleyes:

this stuff definitely works........ just not very good

I don't even remember when I started. October? Anyway I had a almost 3 week hault of the medication in dec-jan maybe? I was in between orders but that kinda messed things up. Anyway I've been on the once a day, sometimes twice a day, regiment. Hair is much thicker, there is more hair, and my hair line has moved down where i've been rubbing (firm massage) the solution in..... however the new hairs are not very thick and sparse.

I'm maybe nw 2 or something. Where I still have hair this did a really good job of thickening and hiding thinning. However where there was no hair before it looks like a really bad hair transplant. the hair is so sparse. luckily I didn't attempt to move my hair line down too far... I just kind of tried it right in front of where the line was..... looks alright in low light but couldn't stand up to sun light; you wouldnt even see hairs there.

overall I'm not really happy with the product... I'm going to keep it up a little longer tho..... I have to admit my hairline is still too far back but what hair is behind that looks much much better.... rather than looking like im all around balding I look like my hairline is moving back... I'm pretty happy in that respect but by no means want to take a hat off. I'd probably suggest this over rogaine though

GREAT POST PALE RIDER - they removed the link unfortunately but if you google what pale rider wrote you can find the interview and it is a great interview. Not exactly any AWESOME news but definitely cleared some things up... these guys who got shots two years ago have retained the hair still.... they have found that they can control where the hair grows well... give the thing a listen

- I think my only real hope is if somebody figures out how to take some of the DHT proof hair from the back of my head, and clones that hair 4,000 times and than I just have a normal hair transplant. I'm hoping histogen comes through but I think Aderans has a more desirable/realisitic approach for us soon to be nw 7s....... although in the histogen interview above the doc spoke about how we didnt actually loose the hair where we are bald, but that it has just miniaturized to the point you cant even see it, this is the only hope for me as I'm going to be a nw7 and HSC would have to work really well to cover all that ground

Edited by FinHairLoss

• 3 weeks later...

No , i dont work for renokin , i only ask if this product is effective ??

finhairloss as you with renokin ??

I wanted to ask one thing very important :

all know ascj 9 ?? could mix with renokin or not dissolve?? what do they think??

(Link removed by moderator)

Edited by TakingThePlunge