Umar 1500 grafts into hairline

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jbbreese,

Congratulations! I will look forward to seeing how this second pass works out for you.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

No offense, but in your pre-op pics you kind of look like a man. But the last pic of you on the beach is the type of result every HT patient dreams of. Kudos to you babe!

Just kidding bro. I take it that the last pics is the true result of you HT... wink, wink;);)

I'm in the exact same boat as you, except the culprit is my left side. It's really lagging behind the right. In my estimate, I'd say about 25% less density, growth and maturity. I'm taking it easy for now as I'm only 6 months post-op. I'm really glad to hear that your doc has your back though. I've been seeing a lot of wonderful things by Dr. Umar lately.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Where are the pictures of ht 1 after 12 month. Were you told not to reveal the 12 month results in order to get a free second ht?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Not to salt your results, but looking at the pics after the second procedure it seems like your temples are quite bare where Dr Umar had placed the original 1,500 grafts - can you give some insight here? thanks in advance.

We'll regardless of doctor error or whatever the case is, the doc stepped up to the plate and made things right. Integrity!!!

True but it's clear he wasted some of his grafts in ht1 and when you've got a limited supply the Drs need to get it right first time. But yes fair play for having another go for free.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

just a quick non photo'ed update... all scabs fell off at day 8 buzzed head to a one guard grew a beard feel great! upon close examination of the hairs, looks the same as the last procedure just this time it looks really densely packed which is what i wanted from the get go. the first procedure looked fine just not enough grafts were used imo giving a see through look. now with the appropriate amount of grafts and being a psuedo expert that i am from being on these forums so long i can confidently say that this is gonna be a sick result... i remember last time looking at the right side after my first ht and thinking it looked like less was implanted on that side... this time just looks like there are no gaps all hairs are close together and ill will update when i can

Nice one jb. All the best with it I hope u get what u want and more pal!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I'm glad Dr. Umar is standing by his work; waiting to see this result. I'm close by to him, but I"m not sure I agree with the nape hairs. I agree that they do go away was we get older. Any plans for the temples? They may need a touch up as well?

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

• 1 year later...

after second pass im bummed out i didnt get the outcome i wanted i told dr umar and showed the pics and he explained i should find another surgeon i have thought about going to rahal and just biting the bullet and going strip because of his solid results but who knows

5b32d3da920f0_photo1.jpg.807495bf76c66d9c098fe502566e4711.jpg

5b32d3daaf6a1_photo2.jpg.297dfa682a790b00649df5ca4789755e.jpg

5b32d3dac7c40_photo3.jpg.dd9ad48b61b83190fbb8a3ce46b6de50.jpg

5b32d3dadf347_photo4.jpg.d1088e840b63f366f5341fc462418de2.jpg

5b32d3db785e2_photo5.jpg.3583290bb910f14ad2666b19924066db.jpg

after second pass im bummed out i didnt get the outcome i wanted i told dr umar and showed the pics and he explained i should find another surgeon i have thought about going to rahal and just biting the bullet and going strip because of his solid results but who knows

This is interesting. After the second procedure, from the photos you just posted, I can see a density issue. Obviously, native hair behind that spot it is even at a better density which elevates the appearance of that issue even more. So, the doctor didn't offer an explanation to this other than go to another doc? I just saw an amazing result and now read someone is bummed, in a matter of a day, I am really surprised and don't know what to make of all of this. With both your original procedure and your touch up, you have had around 2000 grafts correct? Did he mention the density he planted originally? For instance, I had 65cm2 on my hairline, 55cm2 right behind it, and 50cm2 on the sides. Hope you get what you want in the end though. Good luck.

Jb,

Did Dr. Umar indicate why he believed you should see a different doctor? This seems like an odd statement.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dear Mr Breese,

Thank you for the update and accept my apologies for the impasse.

If you are still unhappy with your coverage, then it is logical to consider another pass. However, after a procedure with a touch up, it would be also ok to consult another FUE provider in moving forward.

Best regards

S. Umar, MD

That sucks man. I just had a treatment similar to yours.

Wonder why he didn't give a reason.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Is this just the reality of a good % of FUE results? Did you stay out of the sun when the HT was fresh? Ive heard that might be potentially bad for growth.

I hope it all works out for you JBbreese.

If this is actually happening, it is unethical.

I think everyone would agree, If that's the response from any recommended doc on this forum to a density issue like yours then that is unacceptable. I am very disheartened by the email response you pasted. Based on your recent pics, it is logical to see there is a remaining issue. The procedure isn't a game and it takes a lot out from a patient. From money to time to post op care etc. I really value principle, honesty, ethics and have strong feelings if I sense something inappropriate. Well, I don't want to be a hypocrite, although I am super impressed by a result Dr. Umar just posted in another thread when it comes to framing, for your hair texture and native hair density it is not flowing up to par and that is the truth. I am not gonna sugar coat it by looking at your pics and tell you everything is up to par right now because I want to let you know the truth based on what I saw in those pics you posted. That is not what I call service. You or anyone else for that matter, do NOT deserve responses that tell you to go look for other doctors unless you want to. You deserve corrections till the issue is resolved regarding all your preop goals by the same person, simple as that. End of story. If the doctor does not chime in and explain the reasoning behind this then I guess someone needs to help this man with the situation since he is told to go see other doctors.

Jbbreese, good luck and I hope you have what you want soon.