Laser Comb/Herbal DHT Blocker/Rogaine 5 months now

Dr. Mohmand,

As a physician you should know and understand that"photobiostimulation" is junk science with absoutely no clinical efficacy. There is absoutely no basis for this so-called"pathway" and it is NOT taught in any medical school or residency in any part of the world I know of, including yours. So why in the world would you believe in it?

If you remember your optical physics from your pre-med days you will remember that laser, like all light, is simply a forum of energy and nothing more. It can NOT be mixed with other substances to make a "coctail" as you call it because it is NOT a substance- just merely a form of energy.

The only difference between a 650nm LED and a 650nm Laser is that the light is columnated that allows it to travel a greater distance without dispersing. Once it is absorbed by a surface, HOWEVER, the columnated nature of the light is disrupted and the light reverts from "laser" back to monochromatic light at 650nm.

That is, when the laser strikes the epidermis and the very shallow dermis, the laser nature of the light collapses and the light striking the follicles is reduced to a simple red light without any supposed "biostimulation" effect. One millimeter of skin is all that is needed to destroy the laser leaving just a red monochrmatic light.

Simply take a tissue and shine your laser at it. Then, look on the other side of the tissue. The light you are seeing there is NO LONGER laser light. The laser has collapsed to a standard red light at 650nm.

Need more proof? Shine your laser at the wall then simply place the tissue infront of it. The laser will disappear. This is because the light no longer has laser properties. If it did, the light would still be columnated and it would continue undispersed toward the wall. But it doesn't. This is because the tissue has absorbed the laser and re-radiated the photos randomly in all directions as opposed to a unidirectional columnated fashion (laser). This is why optical componenets used in laser labs and communications equipment to reflect and refract laser light must be absolutely clean. Even a layer of dust can reduce the laser light to the point of useless.

Ask any fiber optic telephone technician what would happen if just a small layer of grease (MUCH thinner than a klenex tissue by the way)was deposited in a splice by accident. No signals would pass through the fiber. And trust me, those lasers are FAR more powerful than the 5 milliwatt laser pointers employed by the bogus LLLT industry.

Scalp is MUCH thicker than a layer of grease or a klenex tissue. The bottom line is that there is NO WAY 650 nanometers of energy is going to penetrate past the first 1 milimeter of scalp, much less down to the level of the follicles and past their membranes into the cells that constitute it in LASER form. It doesn't happen.

And since it is specifically the LASER nature of the light that LLLT industry "experts" point to for it's efficacy, we can safely conclude that the theories dreamed up to sell this quack treatment is garbage.

Dr Mohmand, you clearly have no evidence that LLLT works. You clearly have no mechanism of action by which it can work. And now you know the sham mechanism of action you've believed in up to this point is completely bogus. Do you really think it is still ethical to sell this "remedy" to your patients?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this thread and wanted to chime in...

One of the big reasons that there should be no "debate" or philosophizing on this issue, is because lasers are not by any means a new treatment. These lasers have been around a LONG time in different forms, and if they worked we would simply know it by now. They don't work... period. If something truly works, it's extremely easy to observe results and see its efficacy with ones own eyes. The ultimate proof that LLLT does not work, is the fact that no one seems to know anyone who has had succeeded with it. Trust me when I say that people on these boards have been searching for years...

If you take the time to research Propecia, Avodart, monoxidil, and hair transplantation you will have absolutely no problem finding countless instances of people who have documented results. You will find nothing for the laser treatment, and this has been after years and years of people getting suckered into it. I should know... I'm one of God knows how many people who was desperate enough to buy a laser comb.

Research as long as you want... you will find no proof anywhere that lasers do anything for hair growth. You might find a number of people who are using Propecia and minoxidil with it and who are attributing some of their results to the comb. I grew a lot of hair years ago on Propecia, and I also happened to have drank a lot of chocolate milk that year... somehow I don't think the chocolate milk was what grew hair for me. You obviously need to isolate the variable you are evaluating.

Again, it's not hard to determine that an aspirin helps a headache, or that an antibiotic destroys an infection. Nobody needs to "debate" it because the proof is just right there in front of us. After years and years of laser therapy, there would be NO issue by now if it actually worked. We'd have people walking around with HAIR... not one or two people, but THOUSANDS of people. Dr. Feller has evaluated multiple people EVERYDAY over an entire career, and he's yet to meet ONE. What should this tell us?

I have a laser comb lying right here on my desk... I'd love if it worked. Please do not waste the money that I wasted... I know firsthand, that when you're desperate, you want so much to believe in magic cures.

One thing that the top hair transplant doctors have in common is that they will all hook you up with a whole number of patients who can vouch for their skill, and show you their hair transplants in person. I think that it should be the responsibility of any doctor who is selling laser treatment to have some sort of living proof of its efficacy. And no... people who are simultaneously on Propecia and minoxidil do not count.

Even though the laser comb is FDA approved-- like other products it works differently and to different degrees with different people.

Some love it, majority have neutral comments--neither good or bad results.

Herbal products get slammed alot in Western Medicine because of sceintific medical studies, even though many of them have been used for Hundreds of years. You do have to take many of them with a grain of salt, but if you find something that is working for you-- GREAT and continue using it.

There is a reason that Japan has over 35,000 people over 100yrs old???? Per last months global census report!

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogain xtra

MSM/ZINC/Saw Palmett

3 oz Zrii Daily

And these are the words they are selling to the general public. "Spencer Forrest Sets Sights on Beating Genetic Hair Loss, Begins Clinical Trials on the X5 Hair Laser

Spencer Forrest Inc. has begun clinical trials aimed at assessing the efficacy of the X5 Hair Laser in men with hair loss. The X5 is the only laser product to enter trials with 15 individual lasers and an array of design improvements on earlier laser therapy products.

September 4, 2008 -- In yet another milestone for its line of products aimed at countering hair loss, Spencer Forrest Inc. has officially entered clinical trials with its X5 Hair Laser.

Featuring 15 individual lasers that interact directly with the scalp, the X5 is the most powerful Laser Therapy device on the market. It is also the first device to enter clinical trials utilizing individual lasers to ensure maximum user benefits. The trials will determine the efficacy of the X5 in stimulating the re-growth of hair in men who are balding. If proven effective, the X5 will become only the fourth product ever to gain recognition by the FDA for treating male pattern baldness.

The multi-centered, randomized placebo-controlled clinical trials are taking place at three sites throughout the United States, including one major University. The trials will last for six months and will include a significant number of male subjects. A female study is also in the works and will begin pending the outcome of the male trials.

In the weeks and months leading up to the milestone clinical trials, Laser Therapy quickly became one of the most talked about new treatments for thinning hair gaining the endorsement of medical professionals worldwide. It is the only doctor recommended treatment for thinning hair that is drug free, causes no negative side effects and doesn't require daily use. It also requires no prescription and, with the lowest pricing of any laser therapy device, is affordable on nearly any budget.

Improving upon other laser devices on the market, the X5 is completely cordless, features a backlit LCD treatment timer and is built for user comfort, fitting in the palm of even the smallest hand. Most importantly, the X5 utilizes a floating head design which allows the laser light to contour to the scalp and ensures all affected areas are treated without hindrance from existing hair. It also comes with an industry leading six-month money back guarantee and a full two-year manufacturer's warranty."

A friend of mine bought the X5 only to return it a week before the money back gaurantee was up .

They charged her a huge restocking fee though.

Poor girl then bought a sit down unit for 1400 on ebay and now that just sits in her basement unused. This was after 6000 in laser clinic fees.

She had no idea if it was woking or not but was desperate as hell.

Woman are the ones getting scammed on a daily basis because there are less options for them.

Smoothy the laser has about as much chance of working as Tommy Spears beating Couture.

Dear Dr Feller

I agree with you the basis of laser and physics etc

what I ment with cock tail was using the three prong attack of Minoxidil, Finastride and LLLT.

With respect to LLLT, I am sure you would have attended the session and paper presented by Dr Perez Mendeza fom Orlando. It was a double Blind study, which I believe that is a gold standard. It showed that the post laser treatment the hair count was more.

This year in Montreal LLLT paper was presented by Dr Maria A Muricy from Brazil.

she showed in her study that on 43 Patients

they were divided into three groups each of 8 people

group 1) had only minoxidil

group two only laser

group 3 both minoxidil and laser.

There was a significant diffence in the hair count in group 2 n 3 as compare to group 1.

Though it was more so in females than in males.

another study was also presented in Orlando Live surgery workshop

Based on the results of those study I am using the lasers.

Mind you my patents are mainly happy, they are all reccomending their friends and families to buy the comb, as I do not offer office based treatment.

my practise is based on what I read and learn in different conference and feed back from my patients.

I know most of people are very sceptical of such treatments, so was I.

I dont know when I changed but it happened once I offered LLLT to a female with Ludwigs type III alopecia. She responded well and then gradually I started. Initially I use to bring 4 to 5 lasers every 3 months. Since Laast year, the average number of LLLT combs bought from my office is about 20 to 30 a month. I give them 4 months money back or adjust their fee in next Hair transplant surgery. So far I have sold about couple of hundred but not a single return.

Infact one damaged her laser now wants to buy another.

Tell me what should I do.......most are females as I said.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

In my clnic YES I do sell them, its more of cost to cost.

But at the same time, if the patient would not benifit I would compensate them with the grafts and their money would be used in next surgery. As I said so far I have no incidence to return the money, but I am sure I will come across very soon.

In my clinic I protect the customers. Every treatment is money back. No results no money, less than 50% result free full surgery.

so the problem of earning money from them is really not the agenda, but just to give them an option.

I may be behind the market in USA with Loops etc. But trust me, my loops results would be far better than 90% of people out there with microscopes....

comming to that subject

when we use a microscope we actually throw away the 17 to 20% of grafts which are in telogen phase. When we use Loops we tend to keep them. The grafts in the first 1 to 2 cm of visible hair line are only single hair single grafts. then comes twos and threes. that will provide much needed density and naturalness ofcourse with much less number of grafts but same number of hairs.

One more thing please see Abby 4 months result, you will see the natural effects and especially the direction of the hair growth and curl of the shaft.

" It is not the art, but the application of the art which is important"

but then I have adopted the microscope just cause poeple out there want it....so I give it.

my personal point of view.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

I may be behind the market in USA with Loops etc. But trust me, my loops results would be far better than 90% of people out there with microscopes....

------------

Anytime I hear a doc say trust me I run like Forrest. icon_wink.gif So all these coalition doc are wasting 20% of our precious grafts . Bill you should probably look into that as that would be totally unacceptable.

People buying the laser comb doesnt bother me as much as clinic charging thousands.

I have no idea if the laser helps even one bit but what I do know is I have seen but a handful of after pics from the companies websites that were shady . Why should I believe you who has NO pics either

I believe it was Reagan who notably stated the proverb: Trust. But verify.

Like many arenas, there are those who simply "trust", those who simply "verify", and those who do both. Without question, it is OK for a patient to fall into either category; a doctor, however, has a professional *and* ethical responsibility to fall into the latter-most category.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Smoothy---

I'll be the first one to agree with you about many herbal treatments. A huge percentage of our FDA approved drugs were plants that were discovered in the rainforest. There is no question that there are many herbs that can benefit people, but somebody has to have incentive to pay for the double blind studies.

Having said that... lasers are not herbs. There is no rational science behind them. It's like if someone said that their flashlight made their hair grow. It just doesn't make any intuitive sense.

Though this discussion has been largely about laser therapy, I feel I should address Dr. Mohmand's statement that he throws away 17-20% of the grafts in telogen.

I believe he is referring to the study on Dr. Seager's study on Micrograft Size and Subsequent Survival in 1997.

Below I've cited an article written by Pat Hennessey regarding this topic.

--------------

Some hair transplant doctors believe that "chubby grafts", which are trimmed to contain more of the tissue surrounding the follicles, have a higher rate of survival and growth than follicular units that are trimmed into skinny or tiny grafts.

This belief was held by Dr. David Seager and was presented in a study that he authored in 1997 entitled "Micrograft Size and Subsequent Survival". Thus the "chubby grafts" that both Dr. McKenzie and Dr. Simmons and their staff continue to create using microscopes are based on the assumption that this study and its support for larger grafts continues to hold true. However, many physicians have subsequently questioned and challenged this assumption in both debates, papers and in daily practice.

Many of the leading hair restoration clinics who provide large sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting believe that they consistently get both high rates of survival and growth using follicular unit grafts that are trimmed smaller called "skinny" grafts. These skinny grafts enable these physicians to provide patients with higher density sessions using smaller and less invasive incisions.

Thus I find it ironic that Dr. Seager's "one pass" procedure, which was famous in the nineties for its high density in one session results, now appears to be less refined and dense than the ultra refined techniques employed by leading edge clinics today.

I believe that many hair restoration clinics that use "chubby" grafts are reluctant to trim smaller grafts and place them into smaller and potentially denser packed incisions when they are confident in the results they now produce.

However, over the past few years, there is a large and growing amount of evidence that skinny grafts, when carefully trimmed and handled, do yield high rates of growth.

Any hair transplant clinic's adherence therefore to trimming "chubby grafts" may limit their ability to dense pack grafts to achieve true "one pass" densities when appropriate.

--------------

Whether you cut larger or smaller grafts, using microscopes has proven to lessen transection rates significantly.

Dr. Mohmand, you continually make it sound as if you are doing this community a favor by adopting microscopes regularly into your practice. In reality, you should be doing it for your patients.

The use of microscopes will allow your cutters to trim grafts with a greater degree of accuracy than loops. How small or large you cut grafts should be taylored to each patient's needs. The microscope as a tool in itself has nothing to do with a loss of hair currently in telogen. The action of cutting (with or without microscopes) does.

Best wishes,

Bill

just like Charlie Sheen and the 9/11 consperacy theorists their will always be nay sayers and those who do not believe...

laser therapy is typically costly,but fortunately I have a special offer. I have just posted a used Laser Tag gun on E-bay, which has been duck taped to a traditional black comb, if anyones interested and can't afford "traditional" laser therapy. It won't be up long, so if your interested hit me up. (two double A batteries REQUIRED & not included)...

I am zee capt'N!!!

Dr. Mohmand,

I find your answer to be deceptive. If a patient does not have results with their laser comb you should give them their MONEY back, not reimburse them in grafts. The obvious implication here is that a dissatisfied patient must pay you for an HT if they want to be "reimbursed" for a useless lasercomb. This makes your use of laser combs a MARKETING gimmick to put money in your pocket or sign them up for a much more expensive HT procedure.

An UNETHICAL practice.

Furthermore, if you truly believed in LLLT, based on the fact that you beleived the two "studies" you cited, then why haven't you invested in several large LLLT machines for your office for the "benefit" of your patients? You believe it works don't you? Then why are you denying your patients the "best" laser "treatments". You would certainly make more money. Or perhaps you don't believe in it to that extent, eh?

Also, Dr. Leavitt has already publicly acknowledged that he is in the laser business, so how could you rely on their presented "study"?

Finally, you acknowledged the fact that lasers don't add up when you analyze the physics of it on this forum, yet you STILL continue to support it and take your patient's money for it. That just doesn't make ANY sense.

It is your obligation to present demonstrable proof to the public that laser therapy works in YOUR office. As a medical doctor citing the "studies" of other doctors is simply not enough justification for taking money for therapies that YOU have not seen work in YOUR office. Don't you see how wrong that is?

I would also like to add again, that performing scientific studies on laser combs is as useless as performing such studies on flying carpets.

In the absence of ANY demonstrable proof of efficacy AND a realistic mechanism of action, there is just no point.

At best LLLT has fooled ignorant and naive doctors and patients. At worst, the LLLT industry, and their doctor accomplaces, are knowingly preying on an unsuspecting public.

Either Dr Mohamand is a little shady or hes seriously behind the times.

I bet you he doesnt even use those microscopes half the time

I geuss if a US doctor claims something its the truth.

I got some news for ya pal . There are a bunch of goofballs here in US.

Ya never know maybe lasers work differently in his neck of the woods.

For a doctor you sound a little outdated my friend .

Ive seen a couple of nice results from you so I know your a competent surgeon but man do you ever come out of left field alot.

Since simply posting text about why laser threapy can't work doesn't seem to be enough, I put together a video that demonstrates WHY it can't work.

I made this video presentation for doctors and LLLT industry "experts", but the public is more than welcome to watch it and comment on it.

It is my fervant hope that this will educate doctors and patients as to the folly of LLLT.

It takes about a minute to download so be patient.

http://www.fellermedicaldata.com/Video/laser1.wmv

I can't help but bring this up again because it seems to have been said -- shockingly -- in seriousness....Dr. Mohmand has a belief in "woodoo" and that the "sacrifing of goats" can be a positive remedy for some.....

Combined w/ backing LLLC and an ironic reluctance to believe in the benefit of microscopes I'm having an exceedingly hard time believing in the Dr. himself.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Well the problem is that we all have a mind that is locked up on one thing.

No one medice will give cure to 100% of people. Not even hair transplant will be successful in 100% cases, you can call it X factor or H factor.

Similarly in my openion LLLT is not 100% treatment for hair growth either. I know people are not happy with LLLT. Now if DR Lavitt has said he is involved with the shares or monetary benifit, I do not think ther is any harm in that.

What is important is his study which was multicentre and 4 to 5 physicians who happen to be of high repute did the study and showed in a scientific session about the visual results with tatoo showing that there is a growth with LLLT, and now another Doctor who has done a study showing that they have also seen improvement with LLLT, no matter how small that improvement is than why should I not believe those two studies.

I would ak Dr Feller, have you done ny study based on the scientific data showing that LLLT does not work at all.

Let suppose if it works but only 10% improvement which is statistically not significant then I would still ask....is that 10% not important.

Look we are in the profession where we should be looking into new avenues and new ways. no matter how small is the improvement I am in for it.

I use to buy the laser from USA and I use to sell them at the same cost as I use to buy, so no profit was made but if some one would be not happy than I would give him the surgery, mind you no one has come forward to say that it does not work.

Now, when it comes to the telogen stage, please its a fact that about 15 to 20 % of scalp hair are in telogen stage and hence their roots are not visible. If we are gonna do extra fine trimming to put the grafts in 0.5 to 0.7 or 0.9 mm slits, the trust me you can take those non-visible grafts. Otherwise it wont get fit.

If some one doubts my credibility and ask if I am a shady nature, I do respect his openion but that does not mean he is right.

One cannot judge another person based on his personal openion. If my results speak for my caliber than I guess it has to be acknowledge as well.

Regarding that I am doing a favour to the community, no, I choose to be a part of this network, so I have to obey the rules and regulations. As I said, only time will tell if my results have improved or not.

In science we make a hypothesis and then start doing the test, later we will either be able to prove the hypothesis or would be proved otherwise. I am a Doctor, I will see if I would be right or wrong, but time will tell.

For me every patient is important, if not then I would not have done about 800 surgeries last year.

This is a testimonial for my credibility in hair transplant surgery.

Now with respect to woodoo etc, not that I believe but its a fact that people out there do. I respect their believe but I do not agree.

Comming to the forum, This is a platform where people from different experience and believe come together, both professional Doctors and lay men, who had the experience of surgery and hold cetrain openion based on their own and also advocates of other surgeons. We all must respect the openion but we have a right to differ or agree but we must not judge people character or integrity.

You want to just me jusge my results. I might be the worst man on earth but if I am best in my hair transplant then it must be given due weightage.

By the WAY

I have asked my patient to tell you her first hand experience with LLLT. She should be on the forum soon.

I hope she would be listened.

---

Dr. Mohmand,

LLLT skeptics, like me, do NOT have the responsibility of proving it does not work. That responsibility is on the manufacturers and practicing clinicians apparently including you, who everyday take the hard earned money of paying patients, often(but not always) with promises and claims of fantastic outcomes.

I challenge you to post, using consistent photography, FIVE (5), and only 5, excellent results that you have obtained using LLLT only. I also challenge you and anyone out there to post a link or reference to a controlled, blinded, human study published in a PEER REVIEWED scientific journal showing a significant benefit from LLLT on human hair growth.

I have been asking for that since before starting to use this site for open communication with patients and have yet to see any examples from clinicians who tout the miracle of LLLT, or any referenced peer reviewed journal articles.

Almost every week I see a patient from one of a few local practitioners who has spent thousands of dollars on LLLT with nothing to show for it except that they were then encouraged to proceed with a hair transplant at that location to "continue their improvement more dramatically".

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

In my view, the real criminals are the clinics still putting out outdated, or bad results, because that's permanent. If somebody's stupid enough to buy one of those lasers, they would have spent their money on something else.

There's a lot of that stuff around, but I can understand other doctor's taking it more personal because it probably hurts your profession. My profession (brokerage) has to be the king of it all. Through the years there has been so many people wronged that now we are regulated so heavily it's difficult to even talk to people.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

If somebody's stupid enough to buy one of those lasers,

Its no different then guys stupid enough to let a surgeon put plugs in his hairline. If anything that shows how f-ing STUPID people can be.

Or is it desperation and lack of information?

Deception is deception .

By the way its not permanent with todays repair procedures unless all of the donor has been wasted.

But I agree those doctors are criminals but these laser advocates are gigantic scam artists,just short of criminal activity.

There are hundreds of threads addressing the surgery issue . I believe a couple threads on bogus treatments is warranted and I applaud Dr Feller for what he is doing.

With his rep he could make ALOT of money with a few laser stations.

Dr. Mohmand,

You claim to have performed 800 surgeries last year? That is an impossibility. Either you meant to write 80, or you are simply in the habit of bloating reality.

I still believe you are acting unethically toward your LLLT patients. If you sell them a laser comb and they want to return it you should give them their money back, not limit their refund to it's equal worth in grafts which to you is pennies on the dollar. That is a transparent effort to unethically profit and is the kind of sales tactic that is not appreciated by the public. Americans as educated consumers would never accept such a one sided deal.

You may respect that people believe in Voodoo or laser light therapy, but as a practitioner of western medicine it is your job to be the ENLIGHTENED professional who protects them from such superstitious practice and teaches them the reality of things. Respecting the beliefs of lay patients is one thing, taking advantage of it to your own benefit is quite another.

Why do you blindly follow the "studies" of other doctors who have obvious agendas concerning LLLT? Are you such a sheep that you must follow the leader no matter where you are led? If you view my video, and I have included a shorter version here, you can see that the laser can't even reach the follicles in the first place. How, as an educated man, can you ignore this reality? Or do you not believe in cause and effect?

http://www.fellermedicaldata.com/Video/laser2.wmv

Dr. Mohmand,

My goal is to challenge LLLT doctors to use their minds actively, not merely open it. Take stock of the facts:

1. Laser light can NOT reach the follicles. This is a physical and fatal fact for LLLT.

2. All LLLT proponents claim it is the unique nature of LASER light that affects the follicles. Yet such laser light can not reach the follicles, only standard monochromatic red light.

3. No one has published ANY demonstrable before/after photos after 25 years.

4. You have not seen any results for yourself

5. There have only been a handful of actually studies reported and none of them demonstrate a cosmetically significant benefit.

6. The only results you seem to put stock in are those in patients whom were also taking FDA approved drugs proven to benefit hair loss sufferers.

As a rational man do your really think the case for LLLT has really been made? Don't you think the points I brought up in my video are at least worth bringing up with the people who manufacture the lasers you sell to your patients? Do you honestly think that selling ineffective laser combs to patients is justified just because the patients BELIEVE it works? Especially when even you can't see any benefit from their regular use?

Please don't bother with your patient's testimonial. Without photographic evidence there is no point. We've heard it all before. If David Michaels from Hair max lasercomb can't present clear cut photographic evidence, I highly doubt your patient will.

Please address the issues and decide whether you want to stay on the unethical side of the LLLT debate, or join the good guys.

It may mean some less money in your pocket, but you will be respected for doing the right thing. Everyone makes mistakes and get's caught up in crazes, especially when there are so many doctors involved. But that doesn't make them right about LLLT. In fact, I know they are wrong, just as you are, but there is always time to realize your mistake and correct it.