Laser Comb/Herbal DHT Blocker/Rogaine 5 months now

I agree that everyone should be able to post.

Docs frustrated with this laser bs.

I understand all that about the follicle but fender was saying since there are follicle on the back of the hand why arent supermarket checkout workers growing noticable or thicker hair on their hands . They swipe for 8 hours a day with the same laser

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Feller,

I agree that shared experiences without photo evidence holds virtually no credibility. I think this is pretty obvious whether or not I choose to censure BeHappy. Besides, I have chosen to moderate this debate rather than directly involve myself in it (unless I decide I have something insightful to add). Therefore, you or anyone else could have criticized him for his shared experience without photos. I just didn't appreciate you asking a member not to post. See the difference?

It is not mandatory that doctors I've cited offer their input on this thread, but I hope they do and I've encouraged them to do so.

In the meantime, this thread is open to anyone to discuss the issues that lie within on this discussion.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

I would think that if these doctors are "recommended" or "coalition" doctors that they would be mandated to respond.

When the patient of a member doctor complains on this site you send that doctor an email and require them to respond. If they respond satisfactoraly life moves on, if they don't their membership is put on probation. I believe the recent ousting of an Australlian doctor who refused to justify an obviously poor treatment plan is just one such example.

LLLT does not work. You agree with this conclusion. The only people who don't agree are those who financially benefit from not agreeing or have some other mysterious agenda.

The only conclusion I can come to in terms of doctors offering LLLT is that it is, in fact, the definition of an unethical practice.

I will, of course, wait for some LLLT doctors to respond and perhaps give me cause for re-consideration of my position. I believe we are into day 2 of waiting.

Ive now talk to 2 other coalition doctors who say they have never seen any evidence that laser therpy does anything.

Bleachcola those hustlers will not come on here and risk being exposed .

Would a pimp show up at an abused wives shelter?

They should be held accountable.

There are people that just want this swept under the rug. Its so obvious but I geuss I dont blame them.

I would rather have Dr M Humayun Mohmand back on here .

He got the boot because he used loupes to divide grafts but at least he showed us PROOF that his work was top notch.

It was said earlier that everyone should be able to post but I think it should be that only people seeking a transplant should be able to post.

Other hairloss suffers looking for other options should go elsewhere because being in the coaltion will get you a great transplant but ripped off from some doctors for other treatments

Would a pimp show up at an abused wives shelter?

Quite possibly quote of the year, and I just spit up a mouthful of Rockstar energy drink! The hilarity aside, it's a stinging comment because of the truth it is referencing.

This laser business reminds me of "white-color" crime; it is't as vicious as some butcher; it isn't as glaringly horrible; but it's still a crime and people should be held accountable, just as people are being deluded, taken advantage of, and harmed.....financially.....emotionally....!!?? This affliction is already tough enough; and this industry already has enough stains; muddying already murky waters shouldn't be accepted.

If the opinions expressed in this thread are incorrect, by all means they should be corrected. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but in this instance it's far-outweighed by sheer, deafening silence.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Based on the responses so far I'd say the low level laser industry and those who even remotely support it have a long way to go in convincing hair loss sufferers that laser therapy can work to treat baldness.

Lexington International told me when I stopped by their booth at the annual ISHRS conference that they will soon be releasing the private study on safety and efficacy they released to the FDA for "clearance". Perhaps this will shed some more light (pun intended) on the effect of lasers on miniaturized hair.

I still encourage any physician who has used it as part of their practice to respond to this thread to offer their professional opinion and if possible, demonstrable evidence with photos.

Onwards and Upwards even through the lasers,

Bill

• Moderators

Why would any Recommended or Coalition Dr post here in favor of LLLT when 90% of the members have already determined that any Dr that does post in favor of it is an unethical scum bag even if they aren't offering LLLT themselves or offering it for free to make their own conclusions before charging money. Wasn't Rassman doing that?

How can you ever get input on whether or not something works if you first state that anyone offering a certain opinion is not welcome here and if they are a Dr they should lose their recommended/coaltion status? By doing that you eliminated any way of actually finding out if there's any credibility to it.

You can't then logically conclude that because these people would rather not risk being banned, tarred and feathered, etc. that it means there is nobody in favor of it.

Doesn't anyone understand this besides me???

Forget about my own opinion of LLLT for a minute. If you read all of my posts, I never said anyone should buy a laser comb. What I said is that if you already have one because you got it as a gift or alreday bought one then why not use it for a few months and then post the results here. What harm can that possible do? Isn't that what we should all want to happen? don't we want to find out the results from members who are using it?

There have been several people who said they were using it and would report back and never did. Can't you see why they don't? How can you ever get anyone to post their experience with it if you tell them they are idiots for trying it in the first place!??

You people have no common sense!

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

PGP,

You seem to have a great facility using the internet. If you have the time, could you please list all the doctors you can find who offer LLLT to their patients on their websites?

I think it's time we took this whole issue out of the shadows and into the open the same way HTN exposed HT doctors who continued to unethically offer plug surgery and scalp reductions knowing full well superior techniques were available and well established.

BeHappy,

Your logic is truly stunning. It is only in that kind of mind that LLLT can be given any credibility.

Your signature says:

"Using laser brush since 7/26/07. Working great so far."

Yet you have refused to show photos. That puts you in the same camp as Dr. Alan Bauman and the other doctors that Bill cited in his article. Any rational person knows you are lying and obfuscating for reasons known only to yourself, so why do you continue on here trying to mislead people into using LLLT? Free or not, quack medicine is bad for everybody. Don't you understand that?

What I find very interesting is that everytime I expose an issue like this, the doctors themselves never come on to defend themselves. Rather, they allow anonymous posters to do their job for them. From megaFUE, to BHT, to garbage shampoos, to LLLT it's always the same. They insult the intelligence of the public while picking their pockets and are just allowed to continue doing it unopposed. But I believe the buck stops at HTN. And while this may not be a regulatory body, it is a powerful voice that has changed the direction of this industry and helped to clean it up by cutting past the arrogant misuse of the public trust that so many HT doctors have engaged in over the years just to feather their own nests. Hey, I have no problem with making money, but only when the means are transparent and justified.

PGP,

You seem to have a great facility using the internet. If you have the time, could you please list all the doctors you can find who offer LLLT to their patients on their websites?

I swear yesterday I was going to ask someone to do the same thing .

Wheres NGTGB when you need him.

I can look on their sites when I have a little more time.

Ill say it again I want lasers to work sooooo bad. Im pissed they dont and even more pissed that people with no common sense or desperate still fall for it.

• Moderators

I want to respond to some other things.

HAIR GROWTH:

I never said I am growing all my hair back. Believe me I wish I was!! I stated that I've had some improvements here and there. I'm hoping to get at least enough so that I can maybe get 1500 grafts in a future HT to make me not look so freakish. That is very far from miraculous growth from a laser comb as Dr Feller seems to think I'm saying.

AGENDA:

What possible agenda do I have? I don't tell people to go buy a laser comb. I even agree that it's a rip-off for Drs to charge $1000s for LLLT treatments when you can do it yourself from home at $200 or less for a year or more. I don't work for or have any affiliations with any laser comb company. My only agenda is to try to find something that will grow some hair on my head. This is the same reason most others are here. The only difference is I'm past the point of being maxed out of donor hair, so I have to try other remedies. Otherwise I would be getting another HT just like the rest of you. If I was going to have some evil agenda it would be telling everyone how HTs don't work. If you know my story you'd understand that. However I don't do that.

PROOF:

I keep reading that I need to show proof that it's working. Well I'm sorry, but there's no way anyone can ever take a photo of hair not falling out! It just can't be done. I used Proscar for over 10 years and I can't show before and after photos where you would see massive hair growth either, but the fact that you can't really tell a difference in 10 years means to me that it worked as far as keeping what hair i had all those years. If that's acceptable for Proscar and minoxidil then why isn't it acceptable for a laser comb? Using the comb, I've been able to significantly reduce my use of proscar which is what I was hoping to do because of increased side effects as I get older and after many years of being on it. So for me that is part of the success. But again, I can't show you a photo of those things. Nobody can.

TO DR FELLER:

I am not fake. I don't know why you hate me so much and want me banned. If anything I should be the one hating HT Drs. Believe me, if I could have a successful HT I would. Please if you've never done so, please take a look at thye pictures at this link and maybe you'll understand my predicament a little more. Believe me, this is real. I am really living through this for the past 20+ years. I wish it was all make believe, but it isn't. I don't appreciate you saying I'm a phony.

http://members.aol.com/LongScars/photos.html

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy,

I repair LIMA patients all the time. You must live nearby. Why don't you come to the office for me to evaluate your situation and see if we can figure something out? You're certainly welcome and there is no charge for the consultation. If we can come up with a plan we will cover it on the internet. Pictures, video, the works. Come down, maybe I can help you out of that mess.

Hello everyone...WOW...a lot of information on the laser comb. Thank you. I don't think I'll feel so worried quitting it.

Someone wrote the following:

For woman propecia rogaine spiro are the best ways to get hair back if possible

I don't know what "spiro" is? Can someone tell me what this is. I have a prescription for propecia, but I'm afraid to start taking it so I'm taking an herbal DHT blocker. Is propecia the way to go? Is finestriade (spelling) the same as propecia only cut-up to save money. The propecia I got was quite expensive.

In summary:

What does this gentleman mean by "spiro" and should I take the propecia?

Thank you!

I just looked and Im EXTREMELY sorry .

Serious thats not good.

Dr Feller doesnt hate you but this is about lasers.

You use rogaine and propecia which are known to grow hair back how can you say lasers have did anything?

All the centers are closing and none of the many forums have any successful outcomes.

The handheld $100 lasers are the exact same strengh as the big fancy office ones.

So if you must try and cant resist PLEASE start with the handheld ones .

Dont give those bloodsucking doctors that offer this any moola.

Youll kick your self in the ass if you fall for their bs

worriedgirl,

I bet you didn't expect your questions to stir up a number of hot topic issues now did you?

But I hope you were able to obtain some valuable information while thinking critically.

"Spiro" stands for Spironolactone which can be applied includes an oral and topical version.

Oral Spirolactone is an anti-androgen and at higher dosages has been used to fight against hair loss among many other things. But there are a number of potential serious side effects to consider. Read more about Spironolactone, its uses, and potential side effects.

I am not too familiar with topical spironolactone or whether or not it can be effective in treating female hair loss.

Also, if you intend on having children, you are going to want to stay away from finasteride.

Best wishes,

Bill

THERE ARE COUNTLESS STORIES LIKE THIS. I COULDNT FIND ONE POSITIVE EXPERIENCE. WHAT A SHAME

----------------------------------

The is a company here in the U/K called Advanced Hair Studios that use their "laser therapy" for hair loss,a lot of the U/K guys will tell you straight these lasers do not work ,this company has been under the cosh of late to produce data/results that their "laser therapy" works, the has been so so sooooooo many complaints about the company here in the U/K that they have now been restricted and had a lot of their adverts pulled from tv and national newspapers,a tv programe called watchdog has not once but twice in the last 6 months torn into this copmany on national tv for the hard sales,false results,misleading promises .

In april 2002 i signed up for a 18 month course of laser therapy ,i was already using reg/min on my hairloss on the temples,this was the only thing i was using for my hairloss, and at this stage was restricted to the temple area only,my first signs of loss was in late 99,so this was still early in my fight not to become a slaphead ,the guy who sold me this 18 month course of laser therapy and reg/min told me to apply reg/min to my crown as a preventive mesure ,now seeing what had happend to my temples with shedding when first using reg/min, i really really really did not want to start slapping the stuff on the crown,but he new better,up untill this point i had not lost a hair in the crown i was rock solid.at the end of the 18 month course my hailoss was worse than it was when i had started,my before and after photos that they took proved that,i complained big time and was persuaded to hit it with another 12 month course,which like a fool i took ,new before photos again taken,these were put with the first lot of photos,and i was told "we are going to turn this result around for you" in the end i spent ??6,500=$13,000 on nothing more than BS.The long a short of it is, lasers do nothing for your hair,they do not work IMO,and belive me the are many many in the U/K that have been to AHS i will say the same.

When the last 12 month course finished,in total two and a half years of this,i went to get my before and after photos that were always kept in a big photo album in the reception area,funny thing is my photos that were there only 2 weeks earlier went missing and could not be found anywhere

Its not going to happen .

Bottomline is I would never go to a clinic that still used laser therapy

What would stop them from cheating you on graft counts and decieving you in countless other ways.

I understand why they began to offer it but now they are just plain out of line.

Its kind of funny but the doctors that I know that offer it really dont do top notch work to begin with.

My advice is not only stay away from laser clinics but also stay away from those doctors that offer it.

Why take a chance with a dishonest clinic.