Ray Liotta...HT?

First of all guys, i never do this. Any discussion involving celebrities and HT always comes across as corny to me. Having said that, i can't help it. Last night i watched a movie. Its called "control". stars Ray liotta. I have seen him in person about 2 years ago (i intern for a production company here in ny). he was practically bald. he must have gotten a great HT. his hair now looks better then when he started in "goodfellas". its not a hairpiece for sure. jus a great HT. in one shot, you can see a glimpse of the donor scar, but his hair looks absolutely stunning, especially the hairline. i would love love love to find out who worked on him. kudos to that doctor.

Paris.

First of all guys, i never do this. Any discussion involving celebrities and HT always comes across as corny to me. Having said that, i can't help it. Last night i watched a movie. Its called "control". stars Ray liotta. I have seen him in person about 2 years ago (i intern for a production company here in ny). he was practically bald. he must have gotten a great HT. his hair now looks better then when he started in "goodfellas". its not a hairpiece for sure. jus a great HT. in one shot, you can see a glimpse of the donor scar, but his hair looks absolutely stunning, especially the hairline. i would love love love to find out who worked on him. kudos to that doctor.

Paris.

there is no way you can tell a great hairpeice from a hair transplant

I used to own a replacement center, and I could even take my clients to get a haircut, and the hair dresser wouldn't know until a later point in his hair cut...we did this for our commercial, and it was live and unrehearsed...the salon allowed hidden cameras and it was un rehearsed.

we even showed the point where he finally discovered the hair peice.

that's why it's amazing to me to see some of the helmits on some of the actors today.

the cost of one of these "systems" is not too much more then a standard hairpeice either

southcarolina:What brands of hairpieces did you work with and/or which ones do you think are the best?

I've been out of the bussiness for a while, and I don't know who's having them made right.

there are a few "tricks" we use in the entertainment industry that gives an undetectable hairline...this goes much further then the "lace front".

Originally posted by paris_caine:

PC, i guess its possible. i have to tell you, whatever it was, it's so so realistic. and, it IS NOT his original hair. i mean you have to see him in that movie. if its a hairpiece, darn good one. if its HT, some doc did a great job.

Paris.

as I say, it's impopssible to tell a great hairpeice from a hair transplant

Well if part of his donor scar is visible, possibly he had more than one procedure. Definitely sounds like he is enjoying an on-going, successful career.

The guy I really feel sorry for is Tom Arnold and he was just on the Tonight Show. I know he had multiple procedures, but his transplants were situated so high that his hairline commences "behind" the front forelock. Everytime I see his side view it looks his hairline starts in the vertex area, but if he is happy with it, then he achieved his goals. Still I think he would look better with more grafts placed "at least" in the front forelock area to "pull" everything togethor. Then he would simply look like he has a very high hairline but it would at least serve to frame his face better, IMO.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I saw the guy from "King of Queens" on some talk show the other night. I had seen a post somewhere before about him having a hair transplant. I can't say that it was exactly noticeable, but the hairline did look ruler-straight. Kind of like a line of hair. It kind of amazes me that these people's assistants or whoever don't do more research for them for their cosmetic surgeries.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 17 years later...
11 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i think he got a ht

Why would you seriously bump a thread from 2005?

Are you a bot? 

Not to mention. Ray Liotta has just passed away so the timing of this posts also a bit suspect. 

I started reading this topic thinking it was new. Apparently he just died today, damn that sucks. Great actor, RIP. One of his lesser known movies was one of my personal favorites, NARC from 2002.

This is a picture of him from 2014 when he was 59. 

He either had god-tier hair genes or its a HT, system etc. 

Given he was a famous actor I'm going to assume it was not all natural...

Also I just watched a recent clip of him on the news and it definitely looks like he had significant Botox work or something along those lines. Not knocking him at all for that, but if the man was happy getting a lot of Botox work done, it makes sense he'd be ok getting work on his hair as well. 

Great actor, RIP. 

Ray Liotta.jpg

Edited by HappyMan2021

20 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Why would you seriously bump a thread from 2005?

Are you a bot? 

Not to mention. Ray Liotta has just passed away so the timing of this posts also a bit suspect. 

yes i read the news and they posted a more recent pic of him where his hairline looked way better then what i remembered from goodfellas

i didnt want to make an extra thread hence the bump